Vilma out for the season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vilma out for the season?

I know there have been a few new threads, but I felt this is absolutely huge news. It was just taken from rotoworld;

The New York Daily News reports ILB Jonathan Vilma may be in danger of missing the rest of the season due to a "significant" knee injury.
    In an odd back-and-forth between Vilma and Eric Mangini, the coach has said his star inside linebacker is hurt, while Vilma himself denies he's injured at all. Vilma only rotated in during the second half of New York's Week 7 loss. He may have been playing through a torn or partially torn ligament in the knee. Rookie David Harris will join the starting linuep while Vilma is out.

I can't beleive that mangini would bench the defensive captain for the rest of the season for talking out about his non-injury. I can't really get a grasp on this.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

I smell Hugh Douglas all over again. Parcells gets rid of an elite player because he doesn't fit the system, and it seems as if Mangini is going to do the same (possibly twice with DRobertson)
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Thats interesting. If they put him on IR, is he allowed to be traded?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Wow, even if we want to trade him, which I believe Tannenbaum will in the offseason, a bad knee injury would be awful for his trade value.

Comment

Id be willing to give the Giants 1st rounder for him. I think he's better than any LB available in this draft, and he's young, so Id do that trade in a heartbeat.

Comment

I'm so sick of being a damn Jets fan, lately. If it wasn't for Coles, Vilma, Cotchery and Rhodes, I'd be gone. And now, apparently, Vilma is closer to being gone, and Coles was talking about retiring last off season. ******* Jets.

Comment

Yaa, to me itd be like mattingly coming in and getting rid of jeter becuase he has no range anymore. Not quite to that extent, but i hate the idea of getting rid of a superstar, a very young superstar for a pick that could be nothing. The farthest place that i would ever move vilma would be to strong safety. Personally i dont see why he couldn't play it. But anyways, I just think there would be a huge fallout of jets fans if mangini got rid of vilma, not so much drob. Not so much at all with drob for me haha.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I really don't care at all about D-Rob. But, honestly, if we not only trade Vilma, but treat him like **** on the way out... I don't even know what I'll do, but I definitely won't have any good thoughts left for Tangini.

Comment

I hope tommorrow that there is a report saying all reports came back negative, becuase if there isnt something structurally wrong with his knee there is no way vilma could keep his mouth shut about that, nor would I expect him to. Anyways, I hope its just a rumor and he'll play the rest of the year and years to come on the jets.

Comment

Are you sure that Mangini is benching Vilma for speaking out about his injury, and not for the simple fact that well, he's injured? I have a tough time believing that this is true...time will tell I guess, thanks for the heads up..
                    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Well he didn't bench him in the game because ha hadn't had the time to speak out until after the game. That having been said, I have a hard time getting my head around the idea of mangini saying vilma has an injury without him actually having one. THe only thing i can think of is he was trying to make an excuse so the media did jump all over the fact he wasn't playing and possibly falling out of grace with the media and then trade rumors start all over. I guess only those two will really know, but like you said only time will tell.

Comment

I don't see news of this anywhere at all....

Comment

I don't even see the Rotoworld post you're speaking of. Interesting development.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I just talked to my friend who is a huge Jets fan. He has confirmed that Vilma is now on IR and out for the season. Announced today on the radio.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Still no report on ESPN. I figured that it would be on there by now if its real.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information