Jets Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets Mock Draft

well i was looking at some of the other team sites and they all had their teams draft so.....give me some ideas what u think our draft will look like...rounds 1-7

I will tommorrow, it's too late tonight, but hey bud we've been trying to consolidate all of our offseason draft stuff into one thread and all the jets discussion into another one. It's because it gets really hard to keep track of everything that's going on in more than one thread, plus it's a pain to write the same thing more than once. Not a big deal, but from now on let's just try to keep it all in one forum.

I'll be sure to give you my mock tommorrow.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

With no trades

1)Vernon Gholston OLB
      2)Chris Williams RT
      3)Roy Scheuning LG
      4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
      5)Kendall Langford DE
      6)Darnell Terrell CB
      7)Adrian Arrington WR

With Trades and Signings
      -Sign Alan Faneca
      -Sign Tommy Kelly
      -Trade Vilma for a late first/early second or shaun rogers (1b from now on)
      -Trade Robertson for a second (2b from now on)

1a)Vernon Gholston OLB
      1b)Malcolm Kelly WR
      2a)Beau Bell ILB
      2b)Gosder Cherilus RT
      3)Brandon Flowers CB
      4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
      5)Owen Schmitt FB
      6)Kevin O'Connell QB
      7)Dantrell Savage RB

The second would do unbelievable things for the franchise...Chances of it coming true 2%. Also I have no problem if you replace Beau Bell with a Shaun Rogers trade and then draft a guy like Erik Ainge in the 4th round. Which would change our 6th rder to a guy like Rudolph Hardie from Howard he's 6'2 270 and runs in the 4.75 area...a poor mans adalius thomas? He can do a lot of things

But like BJOE said this stuff should be in the Jetsd discussion or who are we drafting thread...next time just throw up a post in one of those saying anyone got a mock?

Sick pic by the way
      Last edited by hcbrad08; 01-11-2008, 11:12 AM.
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
        With no trades

1)Vernon Gholston OLB
        2)Chris Williams RT
        3)Roy Scheuning LG
        4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
        5)Kendall Langford DE
        6)Darnell Terrell CB
        7)Adrian Arrington WR

With Trades and Signings
        -Sign Alan Faneca
        -Sign Tommy Kelly

1a)Vernon Gholston OLB
        1b)Malcolm Kelly WR
        2a)Beau Bell ILB
        2b)Gosder Cherilus RT
        3)Brandon Flowers CB
        4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
        5)Owen Schmitt FB
        6)Kevin O'Connell QB
        7)Dantrell Savage RB

The second would do unbelievable things for the franchise...Chances of it coming true 2%. Also I have no problem if you replace Beau Bell with a Shaun Rogers trade and then draft a guy like Erik Ainge in the 4th round. Which would change our 6th rder to a guy like Rudolph Hardie from Howard he's 6'2 270 and runs in the 4.75 area...a poor mans adalius thomas? He can do a lot of things

But like BJOE said this stuff should be in the Jetsd discussion or who are we drafting thread...next time just throw up a post in one of those saying anyone got a mock?

Sick pic by the way
        ok thanks for your thoughts and ill be sure to know next time.

Comment

With no trades

1)Vernon Gholston OLB
          2)Chris Williams RT
          3)Roy Scheuning LG
          4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
          5)Kendall Langford DE
          6)Darnell Terrell CB
          7)Adrian Arrington WR

With Trades and Signings
          -Sign Alan Faneca
          -Sign Tommy Kelly

1a)Vernon Gholston OLB
          1b)Malcolm Kelly WR
          2a)Beau Bell ILB
          2b)Gosder Cherilus RT
          3)Brandon Flowers CB
          4)Ahtyba Rubin NT
          5)Owen Schmitt FB
          6)Kevin O'Connell QB
          7)Dantrell Savage RB

Sick pic by the way
          you think he will drop to the second?? and looking at this, the late second??
          do we really think DRob will get a second?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

The second would do unbelievable things for the franchise...Chances of it coming true 2%.

Just as long as you realize that. :p

Comment

In one of the other forums i belong to, the question was asked if we could win the superbowl, my reply was the following, which i think led to a solid foundation of a draft..comments are always appreciated!!

Anything is possible and although I don't see it happening, winning the SB is the reason everyone plays. I do beleive that once someone makes it to the playoffs that anything is possible and being a wild card team is a possibility. A team wins in the playoffs and regular season by controlling both points of attack and in the bad weather it helps to have a good running game.

Here is how i would go with my picks, not assuming trades or free agency (trading i would obviously love Shaun rogers and FA i would love Stacy Andrews and lilja but anywayss...)

1)Gholston/Harvey - I like gholston as our pick, but i am coming around to the idea of harvey. Harvey is the best pure pass rusher in the NCAA. Yes he did get handled by Long, but the only person not to get handled by him is gholston; he did however play very well against Oher. I think harvey will compete with gholston for the first OLB chosen.
              2)Chris Williams/Gosder Cherilus - both don't play with a nasty enough streak for me, but both are fantastic RTs. Both are big guys who really are prototypical RTs and could come right in an have an impact. Great value at the top of the 2nd and will most likely be there.
              3) Roy Sheuning and if hes not there than Branden Albert - very solid LG who has great size and athleticism who played next to drbick at UVA.
              4)Kendal Langford - Has great tools, but will require coaching. (6'6 295) He could surprise people and come right in an challenge for a starting spot. Also, lets not forget Kareem Brown 6'4 310 and a 4th round pick last year by the pats who jsut didnt have room on their fantastic roster.
              5) Jonathan Goff - I would want to say moffitt, but i don't know the whole deal with his wife accusing him of lieing about being the perfect father and driving both ways to school and how she wrote all his papers etc. I think he would be perfect for the 34 ILB, but I like Goff just as much. 6-3 240 (prolly 235) and runs something liek a 4.7 i beleive. Has pretty good ability to shed blockers and plays with a nasty streak.

Now through our draft we have a solid Oline of Dbrick, Albert/Schuening, Mangold, Moore, Cherilus/Williams. Our dline could have more beef on it if Kareem Brown or Langford push Ellis for playing time. I drafted Goff becuase even if vilma stays this year, he is almost certianly not going to resign with a team who's scheme he doesn't fit; this will also allow us to push him with a new rookie and his eventual replacement. Harvey or Gholston will have an immediate impact as we have no one to pressure the qb like they do. This would allow us to properly evaluate clemens by giving him more time to throw and improve our running game. Our defense would build on their resurgent play and hopefully get our offense the ball back more. I honestly think with a draft like this our team could really turn it around. We lost what 7 games by a td or less? Say we win 4 of them and we are back to .500. Well, here's to our future!

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

this is a huge draft for us and alot depends on it...a good draft here with solid play does make us a playoff team

Comment

i agree that the jets are a playoff team, and this is prob. the most important draft so far for mangini based on the mulitiple vilma/robertson scenarios. the way i see it jets are kinda stuck- do you trade down your pick because nobody is worth it at #6 if gholston/long/long is gone? do you trade up with vilma or drob for gholston pick and pray he is a stud and not a dud? idk, its tricky i guess. one thing is for sure though, there is no way a team will give a 2nd rounder for drob, a player who has been consistantly average to below average in his play. as for vilma, its a matter of what team wants to take a risk of getting a stud LB coming off an injury..it would be great to get a 1st for him, but i dont see that happening either.
                  "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

It would be very solid to get a first, but in a draft like this a mid 2nd to high second has pretty close to first round value in it because the draft is so deep and not top heavy. I think if we are gonna move a player this is the draft to do it.

Comment

1st-Vernon Gholston/Chris Long
                      2nd-Philip Wheeler/Shawn Crable/Charles Godfrey
                      3rd-Earl Bennit/Anthony Collins
                      4th-Ahtyba Ruben/Jason Shirly
                      5th-Lex Hilliard/Alley Broussard
                      6th-Pedro Sosa/Dominique Barber
                      7th-Angelo Craig/Chris Wagner

I think i would cry in joy if this happened..even half of this i would still cry....what do you guys think of this...and who would you feel if most of this happened

Comment

Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                        1st-Vernon Gholston/Chris Long
                        2nd-Philip Wheeler/Shawn Crable/Charles Godfrey
                        3rd-Earl Bennit/Anthony Collins
                        4th-Ahtyba Ruben/Jason Shirly
                        5th-Lex Hilliard/Alley Broussard
                        6th-Pedro Sosa/Dominique Barber
                        7th-Angelo Craig/Chris Wagner

I think i would cry in joy if this happened..even half of this i would still cry....what do you guys think of this...and who would you feel if most of this happened
                        There's no real addressing of the RT position there so I don't really care for it. Since more than likely Cherilus will be drafted in the first, without any trades, I'm really pulling for us to get Jake Long. Or hell, at this rate, if Ellis can put on another 20 lbs., I'm all for him. In the second, I like the idea of Wheeler or Crable. Wheeler had been a favorite of mine for the past two years, but I didn't really consider him for the Jets because of his size. But if he's at what they say he is, he'd be fantastic as an OLB (ILB would work, but I think OLB is more important, and I figure that he could do great). Though there's a strong chance he'll be gone in the second, possibly late first, I'd like to get Rubin in the third if at all possible. No one else you mentioned really interests me. I think no matter what though that unless we make a splash in FA (and I mean a SPLASH, not some little plug-in player), we're going to definitely need to try as hard as possible to trade down and acquire more picks to work with in the early stages of the draft.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                          There's no real addressing of the RT position there so I don't really care for it. Since more than likely Cherilus will be drafted in the first, without any trades, I'm really pulling for us to get Jake Long. Or hell, at this rate, if Ellis can put on another 20 lbs., I'm all for him. In the second, I like the idea of Wheeler or Crable. Wheeler had been a favorite of mine for the past two years, but I didn't really consider him for the Jets because of his size. But if he's at what they say he is, he'd be fantastic as an OLB (ILB would work, but I think OLB is more important, and I figure that he could do great). Though there's a strong chance he'll be gone in the second, possibly late first, I'd like to get Rubin in the third if at all possible. No one else you mentioned really interests me. I think no matter what though that unless we make a splash in FA (and I mean a SPLASH, not some little plug-in player), we're going to definitely need to try as hard as possible to trade down and acquire more picks to work with in the early stages of the draft.
                          yea i have always like wheeler as well...and he would be great at olb for us because we are missing that blitzing olb and he is one of the best at that...i think he will still be their in the 2nd....and i think WR should probly be addressed in the 3rd or 4th and Bennett will be a great player so if hes their in the 3rd we better get him...Ruben is a must...one of the best NTs coming into the draft i have seen in years....but yea FA is key

Comment

i would like to see the jets grab a qb in the draft. if brennan is there in the second round, i would take a chance because i really didn't like what i saw out of clemens. might not have been his fault considering the O-line sucked this year, but it's been too long without a qb that i can get excited about watching instead of cringing every time he drops back...as far as first round, obviously gholston, and he should drop to our spot.
                            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

Originally posted by gio View Post
                              i would like to see the jets grab a qb in the draft. if brennan is there in the second round, i would take a chance because i really didn't like what i saw out of clemens. might not have been his fault considering the O-line sucked this year, but it's been too long without a qb that i can get excited about watching instead of cringing every time he drops back...as far as first round, obviously gholston, and he should drop to our spot.
                              What I saw out of Clemens was a QB who was always running for his life and rarely had anyone to throw to because while he was the starter, he was without Coles or Cotchery (one of the two) most of the time. I figure, if the Jets draft a QB in the second or third round, ESPECIALLY Colt Brennan..... I figure I'm going to see the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information