Jets Sleepers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets Sleepers

i was just wondering if you guys saw some jet players you think can be good...like cotchery 2 seasons ago was a sleeper along with washington...

mine are C.J. Mosley and Danny Ware....i really liked this guys in pre-season...Mosley had 2 sacks in 1 game i watched while Ware rushed for 63 yards and a TD playing only half the time...i think we should try and use these guys a little more and see what they got

You should really just have posted this in the Jets Discussion instead of starting a new thread...

To answer the question I think Washington can be a legit RB behind a decent OL, I like Mosely as well, I think Drew Coleman could end up being a decent slot corner, and I kind of like Kowalewski and Pociask as well.

Comment

every thread i go to has someone saying 'this should go in _________ thread'. Then a 3 line elaboration of why. Is it really a big deal to have a new thread?

Is it possible Justin Miller plays to his athletic ability? Perhaps starting by upgrading his mental game.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I am really excited about Justin Miller. He had a very good preseason but got injured after it seemed like he made big changes in his game. If he can come out strong hopefully he pushes his way to the starting #2 CB position. Other than that I think he is out of NY at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by fakterx View Post
          I am really excited about Justin Miller. He had a very good preseason but got injured after it seemed like he made big changes in his game. If he can come out strong hopefully he pushes his way to the starting #2 CB position. Other than that I think he is out of NY at the end of the season.
          He did have a great preseason and i hope his injury doesn't affect his acceleration or his explosion. He has all the physical tools to be a good #2 CB, but he needs to learn to read the routes better and understand his responsibility. Basically, like was mentioned, his mental capacity.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Who will be our KR next year? Miller and Washington seem equally talented.

Comment

Originally posted by tishdog View Post
              Who will be our KR next year? Miller and Washington seem equally talented.
              well with both of them back their we will have a chance 2 take it back every kickoff..

Comment

I don't know if Miller has a future with the Jets considering his off-the-field issues and due to the fact Washington took his job.

CJ Mosely's a good pick and Mike DeVito flashed in verry little PT. Coleman did some good things his rookie year and obviously Abram Elam could continue to build off his solid play. Jacob Bender has the athleticism to perhaps win a spot on the OL after a little more development and I loved Danny Ware out of Georgia. The competition that Mangini preaches is really healthy for a lot of these guys...

EDIT: Let me throw Kareem Brown out there also...

Comment

Originally posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
                  I don't know if Miller has a future with the Jets considering his off-the-field issues and due to the fact Washington took his job.

CJ Mosely's a good pick and Mike DeVito flashed in verry little PT. Coleman did some good things his rookie year and obviously Abram Elam could continue to build off his solid play. Jacob Bender has the athleticism to perhaps win a spot on the OL after a little more development and I loved Danny Ware out of Georgia. The competition that Mangini preaches is really healthy for a lot of these guys...

EDIT: Let me throw Kareem Brown out there also...
                  I really like Kareem browns potential as a 34 DE, he certainly has the size and athleticism. From what i saw when he was in college he really needs to work on the POA, he seems to be unable to shed the bigger blockers; so basically he needs hand placement and technique work. The pats releasing him doesn't say too much negative about him, but more so the depth of the pats. I would love for this guy to turn out big and throw it in the pats' face.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I was about to throw Kareem Brown out there as well. Definitely like his potential. Bender was a good mention as well. And here's a new one I think, Chansi Stuckey was injured this year but really showed some flashes in the preseason. I really like his potential and am looking forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      I was about to throw Kareem Brown out there as well. Definitely like his potential. Bender was a good mention as well. And here's a new one I think, Chansi Stuckey was injured this year but really showed some flashes in the preseason. I really like his potential and am looking forward to seeing what he can do when healthy.
                      Good one. In particular, he and Clemens were apparently forming a rapport...

Comment

Originally posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
                        Good one. In particular, he and Clemens were apparently forming a rapport...
                        Well that's good, becuase him and Jmac had a good one apparantly and it seems quite likely that he'll be given the good old heave-ho.

Comment

i like the way we have been drafting of late...especially the later rounds

Comment

Chansi Stuckey
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Danny Ware is not on our team. He went to the Giants I believe. But I like C.J Mosely also, he played well when given playing time this year, he has 2.5 sacks this year, he is a good player to put on passing downs, he is good at getting pressure on the QB. Only 24 years old also! I like his versatility also, he can play NT, DT, DE.
                              I will put D'Brickashaw Ferguson as he will have to show people that he was worth a 4th overall selection, and that he is a top tier player. If we get him a good LG that he can work well with you will see him be a good player for us.
                              I will also put Kellen Clemens. It will be his 2nd year starting, he hopefully will have a improved offensive line, more weapons with Coles being back, and have more chemistry with the WRs. I can see him coming in next year and throwing for 19 TDs and like 10 ints and completing over 60% of his passes, if he does that I will call that a very successful year. He has it in him, we just need to have talent around him.

Also I know Clemens had 10 ints, but the coaching staff determined that 5 of them were his fault, and 5 weren't. So his season was really like 6 TDs 5 Ints. I really like Clemens, he is a gutsy, athletic, big armed QB. He is very smart also, and a leader. And looks like he has a lot of passion for the game. He needs to work on his accuracy on the deep throws though, he isn't that accurate.
                              Last edited by jetsfan0099; 01-13-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information