McFadden?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McFadden?

Scott has put Mcfadden as a Jets and so has McShay of ESPN. Also a lot of people in this forum have placed him with the jets too, even though we all know everyone in here bases their picks off of other peoples picks. Now as a jets fan i would love to have a weapon like McFadden on offense even though RB is far down on the list of needs. The question is, do you really think the jets would make this pick, jets never take the big name and always play it safe. If McFadden is available for the jets would the jets just trade the pick for more picks?

if Ghoulston and and Chris Long are gone, then they take McFadden no questions asked. It really depends on what the other teams infront of us do, and that is what the mocks take into account. But it wouldn't suprise me if we end up taking the value pick with him at #6, but obviously an rush OLB is higher on the needs board.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

If Ghoston and McFadden are both on the board, I say go with Gholston. He actually fills a need after all.
      If McFadden is on the board and a trade can be had, get Dallas' two first round picks.
      If McFadden is on the board and a trade can't be had, draft him knowing you just signed a top five LG. I don't want the Jets to draft him, but if they did, knowing the Jets just patched up one of the two big holes on the OL makes it a bit more bearable.

Comment

This may make me sound liek a pesismist but we are kinda screwed if Gholston and McFadden are on the board. Yea, we may get the guy we want but the other one goes to New England. What we honestly want right now, is have on of those three guys left at #6 and none after. I want New England forced to take a CB because they are solid CB but none are premier corners. Any of those three guys would put a tear to my eye. Gholston is a physical freak. McFadden is just an all around athlete and couldn't complain with the problems he creates for defenses. Chris Long is clearly the ideal pick becuase of his non-stop motor and "Mangini" qualities. McFadden would be a great selection though and I couldn't complain one bit with him comin to the J-E-T-S.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
          This may make me sound liek a pesismist but we are kinda screwed if Gholston and McFadden are on the board. Yea, we may get the guy we want but the other one goes to New England. What we honestly want right now, is have on of those three guys left at #6 and none after. I want New England forced to take a CB because they are solid CB but none are premier corners. Any of those three guys would put a tear to my eye. Gholston is a physical freak. McFadden is just an all around athlete and couldn't complain with the problems he creates for defenses. Chris Long is clearly the ideal pick becuase of his non-stop motor and "Mangini" qualities. McFadden would be a great selection though and I couldn't complain one bit with him comin to the J-E-T-S.
          No, New England is not solid at CB. All they have is Ellis Hobbs, who really isn't all that good. They lost Asante Samuel and they lost Randall ***. If the Patriots draft McFadden, they are going to have a serious weakness in their secondary, especially is Eugene Wilson leaves, which I hope he does.... and makes his way over to the Giants. Not to mention that while McFadden provides an upgrade at RB, he makes Laurence Maroney superfluous and makes the Patriots investment at RB much more than it should be.

Comment

woops! your right i meant to type that they aren't solid. If you read what I said it makes no sense. APOLOGY TO MY FELLOW JET FANS. What I was trying to say is that I want New England to be forced to draft a cornerback considering there are no Elite Corners in the draft this year.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

I was curious of how Jets fans felt about him, I really like Leon Washington and his role in the offense, top 3 kick returner in the league and explosive guy on offense, and being that you guys JUST traded for Thomas Brown I thought he would be given at least another year to get the bulk of carries since thats what he was traded for.

Seems Gholston is a better pick because he's a freak just the same, and an edge rusher like him is vital in a 3-4, im not sure if you guys would be interested in a trade down with us or not, guess it depends on who you could find in the backend of the 1st, but I think Jerry Jones gets on the phones after McFadden gets past KC.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think the signing of pace makes mcfadden the logical choice. I disliked the pick what with all the holes we have, but in free agency we shored up our 3 biggest needs; NT, LG and OLB. These deals sound good on paper, except for the 20 million guaranteed to Pace, but if parcells and mangini both wanted him i have to imagine he's the real deal, however we don't know if they'll all pan out.

If they do all pan out and become the players they are capable of being, than we have leverage to trade down, but i think mcfadden becomes a likely choice, even though i still don't like taking rbs that high.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I can't think of a position the Jets are really much more set on than RB.

Then you have to consider the contract we would have to give to a player we really don't NEED.

On top of that, RBs are a dime in a dozen. Thomas Jones and Leon Washington both great.

Comment

I think with the signing of Pace (I heard Woody was also signed?), a trade down is the most logical choice. It seems as though they'll be trying their hardest to do just that. I do like it though that most people view us as having the option between Gholston and McFadden at our pick when there's a strong possibility of both of them being gone. Realistically, unless Dorsey or Ellis SHINE at their Pro Day, I don't see how both of those guys wouldn't be gone. But yeah. With our current signings, I'd rather us just trade down and maybe conserve some money. Granted, that's if anyone would want to trade up...
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I hope the Pace signing doesn't discourage Tannenbaum and Mangini from taking Gholston... we shouldn't limit ourselves to one good pass rusher.

Comment

I like a trade down to stockpile as I've said multiple times. I'd like to get 3 picks within the first two rounds and address, DE, WR, RB, and or or OLB with the 3 picks. If we trade down, and we're in a position where Mendenhall, Stewart, or McFadden is available, I don't see how we can pass on them, that being said, I'd also like Hardy, Groves, Avril, and Balmer on the team.
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

I think if we are goin to trade down, we aren't goin to do it until the draft. The reason is the Jets are going to want to see who is there when we pick, because all in all, if Chris Long is there, I know Mangini is going to be salivating like its a Peter Luger steak. I think we may trade down possibly with Dallas. I definately see this happening if McFadden is still there considering Jerry Jones is about to give his kidneys and his bladder for him. So personally, I wouldn't mind trading down, but I want to wait and see whats goin to happen. I've said it plenty of times and ill say it again. If Gholston is there, If Chris Long is there, and if McFadden is there, ill be creamin my pants.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

First of all, let me say this off the bat. I hate all this talk of trading with the Cowboys. Even though they do have two first round picks, theyre both late and its simply not enough value in my mind to get a playmaker like MacFadden. (Unless they throw in a first or second next year as well.) I woudln't want to trade out of a spot where we can get an elite player and get two late first round picks, which would most likely be used on getting solid, but not spectacular starters.

More and more I find myself warming up to the idea of MacFadden. Honestly, I really still want Gholston but I think hell be gone. And even if he and Dmac are somehow both on board, I may still like the idea of Dmac. Going into the offseason, I was against taking MacFadden because of the sheer amount of other needs we had. But now, I think its all fallen in place for us to get the best player in the draft. We can finally take a pure value, BPA pick, and MacFadden would surely be that. Hed also have a line to run behind now, so it wouldnt be a waste of talent.

In conclusion, here's the way I see it. When I look at the Jets offense, I see many solid pieces (Cotch, LC, TJ, Leon, revamped O-line) but no true PLAYMAKERS. In order to really help Clemens' development, an explosive playmaker like MacFadden could do wonders for us. Just think of how teams would have to change their gameplans around the prospect of MacFadden and TJ sharing a backfield. The thought makes me salivate over Dmac.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

A good deal with Dallas would be to trade Our first and our fourth we aquired from the Saints for both of their firsts and their second.

Then at...
                              22. We could possibly grab Mendenhall or Stewart. If both gone OLB or Hardy.
                              28. Def Hardy is we didnt pick him at 22.
                              2a- OT (Carl Nicks) maybe an OLB if we didnt get one yet
                              2b- If we didnt get an RB yet maybe one here or fill a need.

This many picks in the first 2 rounds would be ideal for our squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information