Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB ?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QB ?!

    Ok not a Jets fan... but not a Jets hater either !! My cousin is a die hard Jets fan and we debate this all the time, who is going to be the QB of the future ? I mean how long will the Chad Pennington Medical List continue to build !! Die hard Ravens fan I am and I know the frustrations of the QB dilemma.. what are the thoughts of the real JETS Fans ???

  • #2
    chad pennington isnt the QB of the future, he could have been if it weren for shoulder problems...kellen clemens hopefully is the QB of the future (i think well probably give him one more year to prove himself, we could possibly draft a QB this year, but idont hink we will)...pennington is our reliable backup who is capable of coming in if clemens cant perform, and he is a mentor to clemons, and he is also a leader on this team (captain last year)...but i think every jet fan konws that he is not the QB of the future
    JETS

    Comment


    • #3
      hopefully its Clemens, save us the trouble of drafting another QB next year, but him becoming that is certainly no gaurentee. It is understood that Pennington isn't the long-term answer, so no point mentioning him further. So really, as of right now, its Clemens proving himself, and if not drafting another QB next year.......


      Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

      Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

      Comment


      • #4
        But why wait till next year ? to draft another QB then your another 2 years down the line and next years crop isnt any better than this years... I would try and get a QB this year if I were in your shoes... let him learn and mentor and challenge Clemons you'll get max production out of a young player if he knows his job is on the line and has another young hungry player behind him..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
          But why wait till next year ? to draft another QB then your another 2 years down the line and next years crop isnt any better than this years... I would try and get a QB this year if I were in your shoes... let him learn and mentor and challenge Clemons you'll get max production out of a young player if he knows his job is on the line and has another young hungry player behind him..
          i dont htink they want to give up on clemons yet so why invest another high pick on a future QB when we believe we have one now? also you say it could motivate him, but it could also make him feel like we have given up on him and have that bad attitude translate to the field
          JETS

          Comment


          • #6

            slash II

            i doubt it happens, but i have to admit itd be really exciting at every moment

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post

              slash II

              i doubt it happens, but i have to admit itd be really exciting at every moment
              wow thatd be awesome to watch but haha yeah i think doubt is a major understatement...but they did use him with leon a few times last year and ran options and trick plays, which i relaly like, and i hope shotty will be creative like that again this year and give smith a couple throws here and there...hes a great player to watch, and his versatility should take him a long way wiht the jets
              JETS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                i dont htink they want to give up on clemons yet so why invest another high pick on a future QB when we believe we have one now? also you say it could motivate him, but it could also make him feel like we have given up on him and have that bad attitude translate to the field
                true thats a great point...

                I still think though his confidence is high now you bring in a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd your not going to shake the confidence of a younger guy because he is going to know that this guy was not a high pick for a reason that he still has lots to work on before he is going to walk up under center and start taking snaps any days other than Tuesday - Friday with the 2nd Team...but it gives them a chance to groom a backup that he can see everyday as having potential to take my spot down the road if I don't step my game up.. or that younger guy wow's them so intensely that you can't keep him off the field.. ie Tom Brady ???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
                  true thats a great point...

                  I still think though his confidence is high now you bring in a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd your not going to shake the confidence of a younger guy because he is going to know that this guy was not a high pick for a reason that he still has lots to work on before he is going to walk up under center and start taking snaps any days other than Tuesday - Friday with the 2nd Team...but it gives them a chance to groom a backup that he can see everyday as having potential to take my spot down the road if I don't step my game up.. or that younger guy wow's them so intensely that you can't keep him off the field.. ie Tom Brady ???
                  i woulndt mind it, but i dont see it as a priority by any stretch...if we wanted to take a mid-late round QB like eric ainge, josh johnson, or dennis dixon, i wouldnt be upset....it probably wouldnt be my top choice but i certainly woulndt mind it...mainly because i trust the scouting of Tangini
                  JETS

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X

                  Debug Information