Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Draft: Who/What Positions are we Drafting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I say we go with Brian Cushing/Kenny Britt! Take 2 NJ affiliated guys!
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

    Comment


    • #32
      Why not? Jersey people are the best people in the world.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
        Why not? Jersey people are the best people in the world.
        After New Yorkers.
        "The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by illmatic74 View Post
          After New Yorkers.
          I postulate that this is the type of pointless, punitive post that produces your neg rep.

          Comment


          • #35
            Anybody have thoughts on some guys they'd be interested in with our first round pick, presuming we have one? Obviously very preliminary but still fun to play around with...

            Comment


            • #36
              we need a WR in the worst way its not even funny. just think, instead of dustin keller who had a whopping 3-4 good games, we could have had desean jackson catching from favre all year. get rid of coles because he is a crybaby chad sympathist..make him happy and send him to miami so they can f*ck each other for all i care. cotchery is no more than a borderline 2nd WR, and the other guys are bums. we don't need another RB..tj had a solid year, and with a new coaching regime, i'm sure he will repeat his success next year. improve the line and get another shut down corner instead of that parasite TY LAW..gimme a break, what was mangina thinking?!?!?
              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

              Comment


              • #37
                all we need is adrian peterson... look at the vikings... at least they made the playoffs with an okay qb, bad pass defense, good run d, etc.
                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                Sig by, Hitman D

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  I postulate that this is the type of pointless, punitive post that produces your neg rep.
                  Hes just speaking the truth ;)

                  Originally posted by katnip View Post
                  all we need is adrian peterson... look at the vikings... at least they made the playoffs with an okay qb, bad pass defense, good run d, etc.
                  True, its a good thing AD's come around so often.


                  Depending on the new head coach and if he switches back to a 4-3, Ill hold my opinion. But if we do switch to a 4-3, Brian Cushing. Yes.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If the Chiefs decide Thigpen is the answer. If Hill is decided to be answer of the 49ers and the Vikings believe in Jackson. Bradford could be a possibility of the Jets.
                    "The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      what do you guys think about taylor mays for us? i konw we would probably have to trade up for him, which we have shown wer not afraid to do (clemens, revis, and keller in the past 3 yrs)

                      i konw him and revis are both those center field type ballhawks, but you guys think they would work well together? i really like him and think hes gonna be a great player, just dont know if him and kerry would work well

                      i think S is a huge need this offseason, i liked elam goign into this year but he was just terrible and teams picked on him a lot throwing his way...rhodes and revis are so good but our secondary is not gonna be able to stop anybody with just those 2 guys
                      JETS

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Depends a lot on what scheme we end up playing IMO. If we go 4-3 we'll really need all the picks we can get to replenish the front 7 with guys that fit the scheme. If we end up sticking with the 3-4 I'd be alright with it although I'd rather not trade up. The one thing Mays does really, really well is play deep centerfield and prevent big plays with his range. So his presence could allow more blitzing, more man coverage, and Rhodes to really roam around by the line of scrimmage or in coverage trying to make big plays without trying to cover Elam/Smith's ass. I like the fit but not sure trading up is the best idea...who knows maybe we get lucky and people are overrating him now and he slips to us. If not we're in good position to get a WR which is a pretty legit need.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Depends a lot on what scheme we end up playing IMO. If we go 4-3 we'll really need all the picks we can get to replenish the front 7 with guys that fit the scheme. If we end up sticking with the 3-4 I'd be alright with it although I'd rather not trade up. The one thing Mays does really, really well is play deep centerfield and prevent big plays with his range. So his presence could allow more blitzing, more man coverage, and Rhodes to really roam around by the line of scrimmage or in coverage trying to make big plays without trying to cover Elam/Smith's ass. I like the fit but not sure trading up is the best idea...who knows maybe we get lucky and people are overrating him now and he slips to us. If not we're in good position to get a WR which is a pretty legit need.
                          I would like Mays but not in a trade up. I dont care whether we stick in the 3-4 or move to the 4-3 I'm happy to have more picks. Once again not a feasible scenario, I would love to trade down a little and nab Britt. Then grab a couple of the following DT/S/CB/all the other needs we have discussed on D.


                          I'd throw this all out the window if Bradford somehow falls to us I'd jump on him, even if he falls close, I'd consider moving up a bit to get him. Even though I think he may need a little time, I love the guy. The accuracy, the ability to move the pocket, the intangibles.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                            I would like Mays but not in a trade up. I dont care whether we stick in the 3-4 or move to the 4-3 I'm happy to have more picks. Once again not a feasible scenario, I would love to trade down a little and nab Britt. Then grab a couple of the following DT/S/CB/all the other needs we have discussed on D.


                            I'd throw this all out the window if Bradford somehow falls to us I'd jump on him, even if he falls close, I'd consider moving up a bit to get him. Even though I think he may need a little time, I love the guy. The accuracy, the ability to move the pocket, the intangibles.
                            Ditto the bold, I just meant that in the 3-4 we could maybe do it while in the 4-3 there's really no way we could do it and address all our needs. And a trade down for Britt would be sweet.

                            Bradford I like but the fact that his wideouts are sometimes so open there's nobody else in the picture scares me some.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              yeah if stafford, bradford, or sanchez (if they all come out) fell to us, i would definitely want that, probably is what i want most from the draft, but wouldnt want to give up too much to move up to get one
                              JETS

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I love Mays, but I highly doubt we'd go after him unless Mangini had more of a say in drafting than I assumed. I'd like Laurinaitis though and trade a later round pick for Troy Smith.

                                If we stayed in the 3-4, Tyson Jackson would be intriguing, as well as Maualuga or even Cushing (but Rey and Cushing would be like Mays). It's kind of hard to say what we'd do since we're kind of in a weird spot. I'd also like Vontae. If we went to the 4-3 I'd like Raji. I also really like Hakeem Nicks. He's almost my perfect receiver for us. Because of where we are the talent flow might allow us to get a real good O-Lineman though. That would be alright. OL or defense would be great with me (or Nicks). For the first round anyway.
                                Last edited by thetedginnshow; 01-06-2009, 05:02 AM.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information