Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Draft: Who/What Positions are we Drafting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    Ditto the bold, I just meant that in the 3-4 we could maybe do it while in the 4-3 there's really no way we could do it and address all our needs. And a trade down for Britt would be sweet.

    Bradford I like but the fact that his wideouts are sometimes so open there's nobody else in the picture scares me some.
    I just happen to have a man crush on Bradford, nothing I can do about it.

    I think we may want to look at OL a little later, not round 1. We spent so much money on both 1st rounders and guys we've signed to solidify the line, I'm not sure how much more money we can dump into it with an early pick. Maybe a 4th round developmental guy to groom for RT.

    Comment


    • #47
      Has anyone seen much of Sean Smith (S/CB from Utah)? Wondering if he'd be a good fit, haven't seen him play at all but based on the fact that he's a tweener that most people think will end up at safety it seems like he could be a decent FS. Just tough to know without watching him play.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        Has anyone seen much of Sean Smith (S/CB from Utah)? Wondering if he'd be a good fit, haven't seen him play at all but based on the fact that he's a tweener that most people think will end up at safety it seems like he could be a decent FS. Just tough to know without watching him play.
        I like him also because of his versatility. Him and Lowery could battle for CB, or S.

        Comment


        • #49
          If we don't get any of the top WRs (Crabtree or Maclin especially.....I think where we pick might be too high for Harvin cuz his injuries, Hayward-Bay would be ehhhh) how would you feel about Juaquin Iglesias is the second?

          Sig thanks to VLS

          My BC Iggles. (13-4)

          Comment


          • #50
            Add Lafell to my list. Doesn't look like we'll be able to get Sanchez now though that Bradford won't be in it. But oh well. I can still hope for Troy...
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

            Comment


            • #51
              Im hoping for a wide receiver even though the Jets probably have bigger needs at inside linebacker and safety. I just wasn't very impressed Coles and Cotchery this past year and think Favre or whoever the Jets QB is would do better if there was a receiver who could stretch the field.

              Comment


              • #52
                Definitely less of a chance of getting a quarterback with Bradford staying. I wonder if this means we're going to see what we've got, make a move up for a guy, try and grab a potential guy in a later round, or try to acquire a guy via trade. It'll be interesting to follow, especially depending on who ends up coaching.

                LaFell intrigues me, though I agree with Crickett I'd like a wideout who stretches the field despite bigger needs at ILB and FS. We may be in a good position to grab one as well, but obviously a lot still has to happen between now and the draft. I also really hope Brandon Spikes declares just in case because I think he'd be a monster behind Jenkins and next to Harris.

                Comment


                • #53
                  If I really had my choice, we'd either get Maualuga, Spikes, or a WR. And they aren't exactly burners, but Nicks and Lafell can stretch the field, something similar to Boldin and Ward. I know, not exactly sexy names for field stretchers, but they can get the job done. If we got a true burner type, I really only would like Maclin.

                  I think we'll get what we want this year though. We seem to be a little better at selecting guys in the second half of the first.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_Sx...eature=related

                    This guy might do nicely as our token stud 4th rounder. Maybe Lowery can put in a good word for him.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      recently ive decided that my top choice for the draft is sanchez, and with bradford rerturning it looks very unlikely that him or stafford will fall down to us, but i wouldnt mind trading up for one of them, especially sanchez...i would like maclin cuz we need some gamebreakers other than leon who can only do so much...really pissed mays is going back befcause him and sanchez were my top 2...i would like spikes or mauluga for us...if malcolm jenkins falls we almost need to take him unless one of those 2 qbs is there, but i would also like vontae davis there...what you guys think well do about RB? personally i would like to wait till next year to draft one and get one relatively early based on jones performance this year cuz hes 30 now and that seems to be the age for RBs to start declining, but i wouldnt mind brining in someone later on but only once we fill all of our needs
                      JETS

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                        recently ive decided that my top choice for the draft is sanchez, and with bradford rerturning it looks very unlikely that him or stafford will fall down to us, but i wouldnt mind trading up for one of them, especially sanchez...i would like maclin cuz we need some gamebreakers other than leon who can only do so much...really pissed mays is going back befcause him and sanchez were my top 2...i would like spikes or mauluga for us...if malcolm jenkins falls we almost need to take him unless one of those 2 qbs is there, but i would also like vontae davis there...what you guys think well do about RB? personally i would like to wait till next year to draft one and get one relatively early based on jones performance this year cuz hes 30 now and that seems to be the age for RBs to start declining, but i wouldnt mind brining in someone later on but only once we fill all of our needs
                        After what has happened with Matt Leinart and Josh David Booty, I'm not a fan of drafting Sanchez, especially with what the Jets have at WR. I'm not upset Mays decided to return because I don't think there was any way the Jets got him without giving up the farm to trade up.

                        If the Jets take a middle linebacker, that would be good seeing as how Eric Barton is getting older and is a free agent. Looking at the first round, linebacker and wide receiver appear to be the two strongest positions which is perfect for the Jets who need both.

                        Earlier in the year, I was much more open to the Jets drafting a running back than I am now. Thomas Jones and Leon were both pro bowlers and while running back is a need due to Jones' age, other needs have supplanted it in importance. The only way I'd be happy with a running back in the first is if it was Beanie Wells.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                          If I really had my choice, we'd either get Maualuga, Spikes, or a WR. And they aren't exactly burners, but Nicks and Lafell can stretch the field, something similar to Boldin and Ward. I know, not exactly sexy names for field stretchers, but they can get the job done. If we got a true burner type, I really only would like Maclin.

                          I think we'll get what we want this year though. We seem to be a little better at selecting guys in the second half of the first.
                          I like Maualuga as well but Spikes just a little bit better, again I hope he comes out because that gives us more options. If Heyward-Bey shows hands in workouts I have no major issue but I really, really prefer Maclin. I'd be a little disappointed if we passed on Maclin and not at all disappointed if we passed on DHB.

                          I prefer LaFell to Nicks by a little bit but still do like both. LaFell could be great for us in a run-first, possession oriented offense. Still think we'd need somebody to stretch the field, but maybe given the chance Clowney can be that guy. Or we can take a flier in a later round.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I think we'll pick up a RB later on in the draft. I'd like a guy like Rashad Jennings. If our draft went Maualuga/Spikes, Nicks/Lafell, Gilbert, then Jennings, I'd be an awfully happy camper.

                            Does anyone know the status of our draft picks? Are we gaining or losing anything for sure yet? I have to assume the Saints are going to do something that's going to prevent us from getting their 2nd.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              I think we'll pick up a RB later on in the draft. I'd like a guy like Rashad Jennings. If our draft went Maualuga/Spikes, Nicks/Lafell, Gilbert, then Jennings, I'd be an awfully happy camper.

                              Does anyone know the status of our draft picks? Are we gaining or losing anything for sure yet? I have to assume the Saints are going to do something that's going to prevent us from getting their 2nd.
                              I absolutely agree with that.

                              Looks like we're getting New Orleans' third for Vilma and giving them our fourth back to replace their fourth from last year. They needed to extend him for us to get a second as far as I know so they can just give him a shot once free agency opens back up and only have to give us the third. Then we'll get Washington's fourth, if Favre retires we get the Green Bay seventh in 2010, and I think that just about settles it.
                              Last edited by derza222; 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Oh. I didn't know it'd be a third then. I just thought it'd be a 2nd or nothing. Well that's fine I guess. But why would we get Washington's 2nd again?
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information