New York Jets Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Jets Mock Drafts

Post your Jets mocks here so we can see them without having to look through pages of the Jets Discussion Thread.

New York Jets:

25. NYJ- Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
    37. NYJ- Lamarr Woodley, OLB, Michigan
    59. NYJ- Justin Harrell, DL, Tennessee
    90. NYJ- Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland

I made these picks in a real mock draft on another site. I now realize woodley was a reach, but i still want him, just later.

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
      New York Jets:

I made these picks in a real mock draft on another site. I now realize woodley was a reach, but i still want him, just later.
      Love the Blaylock pick and Wilson pick. I'd rather have Anthony Spencer than Lamar Woodley. And is Justin Harrell a good fit in a 3-4?

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
        Love the Blaylock pick and Wilson pick. I'd rather have Anthony Spencer than Lamar Woodley. And is Justin Harrell a good fit in a 3-4?
        yes, hed be great at DE in the 3-4. reminds me of ellis, coming from the long line of great tennesee DL.

Comment

In my latest two round mock:

1. Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
          2. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
          3. Brian Leonard, H-Back, Rutgers

Comment

Originally posted by Gang Green View Post

Houston looks good but I have a feeling he'll be Ahmad Carroll 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
              New York Jets:

i would be happy with that but i think woodley is a reach there as well
              JETS

Comment

Originally posted by Gang Green View Post

thatd be great, but i dont no if houston and spencer would be left, and im becoming less and less sold on the idea of drafting leonard because im just not sure on how he would like it if he were being used mostly as a FB but based on skill i would like him
                JETS

Comment

The way the Draft looks now is..
                  1)Revis
                  2)Blaylock
                  2b)Harrell
                  3)Leonard
                  By the way, I'm an optimist.

Comment

How bout somethin along the lines of...(with the addition of signing Corey Dillon to a one year contract with the option for the 2nd)
                    1) Greg Olsen
                    2) Houston/McCauley/Ross/Revis whichever drops to us..if no one does than possibly a quentin moses
                    2b) somethin along the lines of lamar woodley or ben grubbs
                    3) ikaika alama-francis
                    5) steve smith

not sure how the stock on these guys will change in the next month and a half but i wouldnt be too upset with this draft...maybe becuase its unreasonably and just wishfull thinking but i would like it...any comments or suggestions??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny4 View Post
                      1)Revis
                      2)Blaylock
                      2b)Harrell
                      3)Leonard
                      haha i can tell because harrell is the only player that i tihnk would probably be at the pick you have them taken, but if this actually happened i would be exstatic
                      JETS

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                        How bout somethin along the lines of...(with the addition of signing Corey Dillon to a one year contract with the option for the 2nd)
                        1) Greg Olsen
                        2) Houston/McCauley/Ross/Revis whichever drops to us..if no one does than possibly a quentin moses
                        2b) somethin along the lines of lamar woodley or ben grubbs
                        3) ikaika alama-francis
                        5) steve smith

not sure how the stock on these guys will change in the next month and a half but i wouldnt be too upset with this draft...maybe becuase its unreasonably and just wishfull thinking but i would like it...any comments or suggestions??
                        i would like that draft, but i would rather address the TE need with mcmichael if he is cut like it is reported he will be, and i dont know if any of those CB's will fall to our 2a pick, but still taht would be a solid draft
                        JETS

Comment

What are your guys thoughts on ryan mcbean? We've shown interest in him and he seems to be a good fit at DE

Sig by Me

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny4 View Post
                            1)Revis
                            2)Blaylock
                            2b)Harrell
                            3)Leonard
                            Haha that'd be insane, we are getting top position prospects to fill our needs.

Revis is arguably the best CB

Blaylock is the best RT and RG

Harrell is solid

Leonard is the best FB

Comment

Updated Jets Mock:
                              1)1st Round (25): CB Chris Houston Arkansas
                              2)2nd Round A (59): WR Jason Hill Washington State
                              3)2nd Round B (New Pick 63): DE Justin Harrell Tennessee
                              4)3rd Round: OT Doug Free Northern Illinois
                              5)5th Round A: OLB Quincy Black New Mexico
                              6)5th Round B: OG Dan Santucci Notre Dame
                              7)6th Round: C / OG Dustin Fry Clemson
                              8)7th Round: DT Paul Soliai Utah

5th Round B is projected undisclosed for Brooks Bollinger from Minnesota
                              7th Round is projected undisclosed for Doug Jolley from Tampa Bay
                              They're both real shots in the dark but I think it's fair and since we traded for Thomas Jones I think this draft would be ideal considering the strong RB class for next year.

Explinations
                              1) At 25 it'll be CB. When they had the 37th the Jets had options with their 1st selection but now it'll either be Houston or Ross. Some say Revis may be there and if so I say, take Revis but I think it's unlikely considering the high demand every year for CBs. Ross has been a backup for good CB from Texas and could help immediately as a starter or nickle considering his experience with both. Houston however, reminds a lot of people like Asante Samuel (which would excite Mangini considering Asante has been franchised) and may be worth the 25th pick overall espcially since he ran a 4.32 at the combine, one of the top 3 fastest times recorded.

2) As the Jets traded down in the 2nd round in their aqcuisition of Thomas Jones they can no longer grab a Brian Leonard Fullback of the future without a slip by the Rutgers FB. The Jets go WR here because they can add another young solid and fast weapon to the Jets arsenal of Jerricho Cotchery and LC. This pick may not look good as the Jets have many other pressing needs. However, with Pennington's long term status up in the air and the Jets quickly developing Kellen Clemens this provides a good WR who can contribute right away and be there to help the WR core even when LC eventually retires.

3) I love Harrell and I hope he falls to the bottom of the 2nd and it is feasable that he does, but perhaps not to the Jets' 2B pick. Regardless he would provide a young 3-4 DE that Shaun Ellis could take under his wing. (Both went to Tenn.) He is an intelligent high motor guy who fits the mold of a Tangini player and will fill a need of DE depth as Kimo is 36, and Ellis will be 30 soon.

4) Doug Free has the potential to play LT and RT. He is a big body, which helps balacne D'Brickashaw's slender frame, who is quick and fundamentally sound. He is intelligent and tough. This would help to keep the OL young and in this FA market for overpaid lineman this is the route the Jets have shown they would prefer to go. Also the Pats signing Adalius Thomas would poise the Jets to either draft a good deal of OL or make a lot of OL signings.

5) OLB depth is a concern but can be addressed in the later rounds with a LB who is fast intelligent and a physical freak. Quincy Black from New Mexico (where Brian Urlacher went) is 6-2 240 and ran a 4.5 at the combine. He is versatile and just an overall beast.

6) Now we're getting into no man's land. Here if available the Jets could pick up more depth on the OL with Dan Santucci from Notre Dame. He's coming from a Charlie Weiss system and Mangini knows Weiss' players. This would help the OL stay young as I said before. It would allow the Jets room to sign or let go some no name line man who are FAs this year and next year and going to ask more money due to inflated OL contracts.

7) Dustin Fry is a mauler who played center in college and can transition to guard. He's an overachiever and I could easily see the jets throwing a bunch of picks into the line trying to hit on a couple of guys like last year. Fry also is an overachiever, just as the Jets were in Mangini's first season. Don't be surprised though if the Jets throw a couple of DEs in this draft and at this stage in the draft, someone like Jay Richardson from Ohio State.

8) Paul Soliai is just a big guy. 6-3 340, he fits the mold of a big body to throw in the middle. Similar when coming out to Sione Piouha who has been nothing at all in the NFL but is said to be making a strong rehab and coming back for next season with the Jets. This provides some depth and could perhaps provide for some sort of rotation that would help the 3-4 DL.

Go Jets
                              QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information