Thomas Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Jones

saw it on espn that jets traded for thomas jones, than read in another forum it was our 1st 2nd rounder (37) for jones and their second rounder (63)
    JETS

Not a bad trade at all , even though i would've liked to hold on to #37, Jones is still a quality back and can carry the load despite him not being a traditional workhorse

Sig by Me

Comment

i dont really want a 28 yr old rb,but whatever nothing i can do.

Comment

Not a bad trade at all, even though i would have liked to hold on to #37, Jones can carry the load and has been very productive over the pat 3-4 seasons

Sig by Me

Comment

Not bad because the Jets picked up a starting back for 2 or 3 years and moved down 20 some spots in the draft; better then signing a back like Ahman green for four years at 23 mil

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

They'll need to sign him to a new deal for that to happen. Jones only has one year left on his contract, and I would guess he's going to make at least Ahman Green money.

To be completely honest, I think we got the better end of this deal, but I don't think it's a bad deal for the Jets at all. Jones is an underated back and he will consistantly get you 1,000 yards. Assuming they can sign him to a new contract I think it's worth a high 3rd to have a good starting runningback for the next 4-5 years.

Not to mention that Jones keeps himself in tremendous shape. He will last longer than most backs, especially because he split time in every place he's been.

Since we won't face the Jets for 3 years I wish Jones all the best of luck. I always liked him a lot as a player and I'm glad to see him get to continue his career as a starter.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I really like this deal, even though I was looking forward to that high 2nd round pick. Jones is a proven runner and Leon should compliment him nicely. I am more than happy with the deal.

Comment

This is a great trade for us. Thomas Jones is a great running back. He'll last until at least 32 and hopefully Leon Washington might be able to improve by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
                  I really like this deal, even though I was looking forward to that high 2nd round pick. Jones is a proven runner and Leon should compliment him nicely. I am more than happy with the deal.
                  agreed with all 3 points. great deal, i would have liked to pick at 37 but i like this scenario better, jones-leon will be a great power-size and veteran-young combo.
                  JETS

Comment

i too was really looking forward to the #37 pick, however for a guy thats a very young 28 (only has 200 carries in a season i think 3 times) i dont mind giving up a high 3rd for him...i think thats what 37 - 63 comes about to...i think this just pushes us more towards trading down from the #25 pick to get another high 2nd and another pick...unless theres someone we def want at the 25th pick..regardless definately a good deal for the jets

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Excellent trade by the Jets, as long as they sign him long-term.

Keep in mind:

(1) Thomas Jones didn't carry as much of a load on his body and legs earlier in his career, in Arizona and then Tampa Bay, as he did in Chicago. He's got quite a bit of game left in him.

(2) When the Kellen Clemens era begins, the young quarterback will have an experienced veteran behind him to support him. Jones has proven he can play in this league at a very good level, both inside and outside the tackles, and as a receiving threat.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

According to the Bears website the deal is dependent upon Jones passing a physical and siging a new deal. I figured that there was no way they would sign for him with just a year left.

It should be interesting how much cash he gets with the deal Ahman Green just signed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          According to the Bears website the deal is dependent upon Jones passing a physical and siging a new deal. I figured that there was no way they would sign for him with just a year left.

It should be interesting how much cash he gets with the deal Ahman Green just signed.
                          Hopefully not Lee Suggs V2

Sig by Me

Comment

i would be 100% absolutely shocked if TJ did not pass his physical, he takes pride in keeping himself in peak fitness...plus now we get a back with cool initials to replace his name like yo did you see TJ and the jets roll over the fish this weekend or my man TJ dropped 120 and 2tds on the pats haha all i know is i hope now we can find someone to block the hell outta adalius thomas when we play the pats

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch View Post
                              This is a great trade for us. Thomas Jones is a great running back. He'll last until at least 32 and hopefully Leon Washington might be able to improve by then.
                              Or we are able to draft a feature runner.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information