No announcement yet.

2010 New York Jets Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I was just wondering what you Jet's fans expectations were for the season, coming off a good postseason run and a pretty good offseason. What would be considered a disapointing number of wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by billybeejr View Post
      Hey, I was just wondering what you Jet's fans expectations were for the season, coming off a good postseason run and a pretty good offseason. What would be considered a disapointing number of wins?
      I'm probably in the minority here but I'd say like 6 wins or lower would be a very disappointing season. Not making the playoffs is always disappointing but I wouldn't say it's exactly unexpected for me. Given there's a lot of question marks with the run game, there's a lot of hype surrounding the team right now, and the Jets have trouble stringing two good seasons together I'm kind of starting to prepare for a letdown. I'd be pretty happy stringing together a pair of playoff seasons though and seeing some development from the team's young players, any playoff run would be gravy and playing in or winning the Super Bowl would be incredibly awesome. Again, probably in the minority here though.

Comment

Hey, I was just wondering what you Jet's fans expectations were for the season, coming off a good postseason run and a pretty good offseason. What would be considered a disapointing number of wins?
        No playoffs would be a huge disappointment

Sig by Me

Comment

• Gotta make the playoffs after all the big pickups and to justify the changes made. Letting go of TJ, Fanaca, and Leon were ballsy moves. Plus we look much better on paper it would be heartbreaking if we couldn't put it all together on the field. I expect at least a 10 win season.

Comment

I would say that not winning the division would be disappointing, but not making the playoffs would be abysmal.

The first thing that Rex said when he came here was that he was going to change the culture; not just the culture of the team, or the locker room, or the management, but of the entire fan base as well. If this were any other team's fan base, we'd be expecting at the very least to make the playoffs, but because we are the jaded jets we tend to think the worst and prepare ourselves for a letdown.

Well, I've bought into Rex, I trust him in what he says. He says we're gonna have the number one defense again and a good running game, ****, I believe it. With the number one defense and the weapons we have, there's no way we don't make the playoffs. Thus, why not making the playoffs would be so disappointing.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information