Sanchez or Clemens to start the season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
    The cream will rise to the top, i truely believe that. If you can play in this league, you will play in this league.
    I agree ith that for the most part. I dont think Carr and the lot would have been franchis QBs had they not started but they may have been better off sitting for a bit. Guys like Aikman and Elway started from the beginning and were awful and they turned out to be Hall of Famers, so it is certainly dependent on the individual.

Its just that the longstanding belief has always been rookie QBS don't win, and I am just afraid that Flacco and Ryan's success may affectively cloud the Jets' memory. Either way it should be interesting and I am looking forward to training camp!!!!
    J. MESS

Comment

Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
      I agree ith that for the most part. I dont think Carr and the lot would have been franchis QBs had they not started but they may have been better off sitting for a bit. Guys like Aikman and Elway started from the beginning and were awful and they turned out to be Hall of Famers, so it is certainly dependent on the individual.

Its just that the longstanding belief has always been rookie QBS don't win, and I am just afraid that Flacco and Ryan's success may affectively cloud the Jets' memory. Either way it should be interesting and I am looking forward to training camp!!!!
      Training camp will show who the right man for the job is. The players on the team all will hold an opinion, and the coaches, as a means to provide confidence to the team, will go with the player playing the best and who gives them the best chance to win. There is upside to both players winning, so i'm not sure we have a negative outcome....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

With all of the Sanchez starting talk, anybody think that there's a chance he doesn't come to camp on time? The guy really seems like a competitor that's going to want to be there so I hadn't really thought about it, but it is a possibility. Don't think we've really discussed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          With all of the Sanchez starting talk, anybody think that there's a chance he doesn't come to camp on time? The guy really seems like a competitor that's going to want to be there so I hadn't really thought about it, but it is a possibility. Don't think we've really discussed it though.
          I find it hard to believe because I think that both the Jets and Sanchez will do what needs to be done to get him there on time so that he can get up to speed as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Now that it's been stated that we have a competition, I would like to see Sanchez win the job wire to wire as Josh said. Really though, I would've liked to see the organization hand Clemens the job this season and let Sanchez sneak into the starting lineup if he outplays him.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Clemens pull a Drew Brees, for all of his shortcomings he's a talented guy with experience in the system. Or to put it in terms similar to what happened at USC, have Clemens pull a John David Booty and beat out Sanchez because of his experience and because he needs to win the starting job more.

I just think sitting someone, particularly someone as inexperienced as Sanchez, makes sense if only for just a year. We'll see how it plays out, but the way things are going now and how the QB competition is set up I'd like to see Sanchez win it.
            +1

Also, Clemens is cool as hell, and unless Sanchez shows complete mastery of the offense theres no point in starting a guy with 16 whole college starts.

Sitting certainly didn't hurt Rivers, Palmer, Cassel, and Eli.
            Last edited by SenorGato; 06-11-2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information