Jets FA signings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets FA signings

The Jets could announce their first free-agent signing of the offseason Tuesday after spending Monday meeting with David Bowens (Dolphins). Bowens' agent, Harold Lewis, said a deal could be in place by Tuesday. Bowens had five sacks for Miami in 2006, playing mostly defensive end. He'll likely be converted into a pass-rushing outside linebacker if he signs with the Jets . . . The Jets also met with defensive end Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys) Monday. Jordan Woy, Coleman's agent, said in an e-mail Monday night that the meeting has been "great so far"

Bowens: OLB 6-3 265 28 yrs old
    Coleman: DE 6-5 295 27 yrds old
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

we signed coleman and also re-signed bobby hamilton whom we just cut, so i dont think we would sign bowens to but still maybe if wer gonna use him as an OLB
    JETS

Comment

Jets | Team signs Coleman
      Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:15:00 -0800

The New York Jets have signed free-agent DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
      source*

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
        Jets | Team signs Coleman
        Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:15:00 -0800

The New York Jets have signed free-agent DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
        source*
        Your a cowboys fan, is he anything near decent?

Comment

The rumor is since the Jets gave Coleman 6 Mil in guaranteed money they had inside information on his progress and projection as a starter...(The now retired Bill Parcells is very close to Mangini) he had a carreer high 4 sacks last year...

Also there are rumors that the Jets are not only shopping LB Eric Barton but also Justin McCareins....They are trying to accumulate draft picks however some say they've shot themselves in the foot by getting TJ for such a low value pick (3rd rounder)...

There are rumors circulating that the Jets may use the 4-3 defense more than last year because they are loading up on DEs Coleman, Bowens, Hamilton.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

hah alright well ya i just asked that question somewhere else...i was wondering if they did have some sort of inside information from parcells on this guy considering the amount of money they gave him....and i got another quick question?? why would getting TJ for such a low value pick shoot themselves in the foot for accumulating draft picks???

i also just saw that Cowboys have offered "Marc Colombo a two-year, $7 million contract." I don't see him excepting that, for a guy of his talent especially in this weak free agency im sure he could get more. it also said he has visited with the broncos, anyone know if he has visited us or is scheduled to visit? i know we expressed interest but not sure of anything formal
            Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 03-07-2007, 11:19 AM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

By getting TJ for less than he's worth a 3rd round draft pick trying to get a 2nd 3rd or 4th for McCareins and or Barton may be difficult. The weak relation of picks to players may have steimed the Jets plans to try and get worth or more than the worth of Barton and McCareins regardless TJ was just a good signing the "shooting in the foot" is minor and a good problem to have

Comment

Aren't most of the DE's that we're loading up on 3-4 DE's? So why would that mean we would move to the 4-3?

Comment

Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                  By getting TJ for less than he's worth a 3rd round draft pick trying to get a 2nd 3rd or 4th for McCareins and or Barton may be difficult. The weak relation of picks to players may have steimed the Jets plans to try and get worth or more than the worth of Barton and McCareins regardless TJ was just a good signing the "shooting in the foot" is minor and a good problem to have
                  ahh alright thanks, i just didn't look at it at all like that...hah yaa but thats a problem im not too upset about having

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

"The Jets, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders have all shown interest in free agent TE Randy McMichael." - the miami harald

"The Seahawks are not interested in free agent Randy McMichael, despite a report that they were in the Miami Herald Wednesday.
                    The Jets and Raiders were reported to have interest and seem good fits.
                    Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

not sure if this is just a little smoke screen from seattle but i dont see why theyd get rid of jeremy stevens for another TE who drops a bunch of passes hah but regardless i am excited and a bit surprised we are showing interest in McMichaels

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      Aren't most of the DE's that we're loading up on 3-4 DE's? So why would that mean we would move to the 4-3?
                      They are 34 DEs but 43 DT and if we get Bowens he would be a 43 DE and Bryan Thomas would be as well. We have versatility which I like but I am more of a fan of the 34 than the 43 if and only if we have what it takes to impliment it but regardless I think our D will be completely set by the latest next season. Mangini and Tannenbaum are both shopping for the ingredients and getting them at wholesale prices, the meal they're cookin smells good I hope its ready by July and it will smell this good until February. (to quote the TUNA)

Comment

They are 34 DEs but 43 DT and if we get Bowens he would be a 43 DE and Bryan Thomas would be as well. We have versatility which I like but I am more of a fan of the 34 than the 43 if and only if we have what it takes to impliment it but regardless I think our D will be completely set by the latest next season. Mangini and Tannenbaum are both shopping for the ingredients and getting them at wholesale prices, the meal they're cookin smells good I hope its ready by July and it will smell this good until February. (to quote the TUNA)

Thank God for the versatile Shaun Ellis.

Comment

haha yaa thank god for him...well st. louis just inked McMichaels to a 3 year deal and reports are that Bowens left NY without signing a contract..however i beleive there was one offered

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                            "The Jets, Broncos, Seahawks, and Raiders have all shown interest in free agent TE Randy McMichael." - the miami harald

"The Seahawks are not interested in free agent Randy McMichael, despite a report that they were in the Miami Herald Wednesday.
                            The Jets and Raiders were reported to have interest and seem good fits.
                            Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

not sure if this is just a little smoke screen from seattle but i dont see why theyd get rid of jeremy stevens for another TE who drops a bunch of passes hah but regardless i am excited and a bit surprised we are showing interest in McMichaels
                            yeah i wouldve liked him but he signed wiht st louis
                            JETS

Comment

i think we like bowens at 34 OLB
                              JETS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information