Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darian Barnes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Darian Barnes

    "The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

    young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size

    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

  • #2
    I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

    Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
      I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
      After getting TJ, no way were we going to draft Leonard anyway. Leonard is a HB (especially in our system).


      Comment


      • #4
        yeah i higly highly doubt leonard, but i would still like leron mcclain on day 2
        JETS

        Comment


        • #5
          Another solid signing but I agree I would still want Leron.

          Comment


          • #6
            I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
              I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ
              And . . . .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
                I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.
                  I wanted Leonard to, but I know you wanted him most. I'm sorry this had to happen. +rep because I feel bad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                    "The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

                    young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size
                    Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

                    Ugh.

                    Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                      Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

                      Ugh.

                      Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.
                      i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me

                      "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                        i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me
                        Wah wah, I never insulted you. Read my post again, and stop whining.

                        As a fan of football, you should know that an individuals stats don't always represent everything, and in this case, it isn't even his stats you're looking at. Don't just blindly like signings because they're done by our team. If you haven't watched a fullback, it's hard to know if they're really that good.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.

                          "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            haha i tell ya what it def made my night more interesting frogstomp, its a lot better when someone not only knows what theyre talking about but can have some fun as well

                            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                              hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.
                              Most scouting reports thought Ryan Leaf would be a great NFL player. Other people's input can be accepted, but should not be the sole grounds for an opinion of a player.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information