Scott's Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott's Mock

If that happened, I would DIE. PERFECT draft imo. Literally PERFECT.

Thoughts? Likeliness it will actually happen?
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Not a perfect draft really because we still don't have a right tackle after that draft. Moses is a nice pick but not really a need pick. Other than that the picks are all very good. I'd be very happy if it happened and but can tell you there is a .00001% chance it does happen, and it is not perfect. Great, awesome, very good, but not perfect.

Comment

Revis-Top 15 pick
      Moses-First round pick
      Alma-Francis-Taken where he should go
      Ramirez-Late 2nd-Early 3rd

AMAZING DRAFT. One of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

it really is a good draft, im not a fan of taking a corner in the first inless the talent is really unbelievable, but besides Revis, everything is perfect...

can somone give me some info on Revis...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

I like Revis a lot, but we don't need a corner in the first round at all. The other picks are nice I guess, but the first one seems very unlikely based on Mangini's past.

Comment

amazing...

Comment

Id perfer to trade the 25th pick and get a corner in the middle of rd 2 plus pick up an extra 1st or 2nd for next yr to save chips to get the NT from Boston College in next yrs draft (forgot his name, but hes supposed to be the next great nose tackle. Hes 6-1 337 and can hold his ground very well). Moses is a nice pick but id take Jason Hill there and then take Moses ahead of Alama-Francis who i feel will b better in a 43 and we did just sign coleman to a big contract. I also feel that Justin Hickman from UCLA will be the steal of the draft in the late rounds as a pass-rushing OLB in a 34 so i wouldnt mind passing on Moses at the end of rd 2, I just dont know what other position we would pick there. As far as round 3 id take Doug Free over Manuel Ramirez because RT is more of a need. Id even try to trade down to early rd 4 to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post
                I like Revis a lot, but we don't need a corner in the first round at all. The other picks are nice I guess, but the first one seems very unlikely based on Mangini's past.
                not to sound like im bein a dick or anything but he has only been the head coach for one draft, so its hard to what hed do based on his limited past....the only thing we can say is that he drafts based on what he feels is going to benefit the jets the most..and if drafting a corner, be it Darell revis, in the first round will help our team the most than thats who we'll draft, same thing goes for blaylock or trading down

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by vilma View Post
                  Id perfer to trade the 25th pick and get a corner in the middle of rd 2 plus pick up an extra 1st or 2nd for next yr to save chips to get the NT from Boston College in next yrs draft (forgot his name, but hes supposed to be the next great nose tackle. Hes 6-1 337 and can hold his ground very well). Moses is a nice pick but id take Jason Hill there and then take Moses ahead of Alama-Francis who i feel will b better in a 43 and we did just sign coleman to a big contract. I also feel that Justin Hickman from UCLA will be the steal of the draft in the late rounds as a pass-rushing OLB in a 34 so i wouldnt mind passing on Moses at the end of rd 2, I just dont know what other position we would pick there. As far as round 3 id take Doug Free over Manuel Ramirez because RT is more of a need. Id even try to trade down to early rd 4 to get him.

who is this NT from BC??? All i've ben hearing is this guy is a tank...

Also I dont knwo if its worth trading out of round 1 inelss your getting something really good out of it...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                    not to sound like im bein a dick or anything but he has only been the head coach for one draft, so its hard to what hed do based on his limited past....the only thing we can say is that he drafts based on what he feels is going to benefit the jets the most..and if drafting a corner, be it Darell revis, in the first round will help our team the most than thats who we'll draft, same thing goes for blaylock or trading down
                    I was pointing towards Mangini's successes in New England with morphing unknown journeymen into capable starting corners. Now when you have a system and coaching staff capable of making mediocre players at a certain position starting caliber, does it make sense to spend first round picks on such a position?

Comment

The guy from you people are talking about from BC is B.J Raiji

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post
                        I was pointing towards Mangini's successes in New England with morphing unknown journeymen into capable starting corners. Now when you have a system and coaching staff capable of making mediocre players at a certain position starting caliber, does it make sense to spend first round picks on such a position?
                        yes i think it does, especially if mangini feels he can make this starting caliber corner into one of the elite starting corners...i mean mangini never drafted the cornerbacks, he was dealt with what he had and then turned them into the people we saw play...that being said i def agree with u in the fact that he can get the best out of any DB and if he feels theres a better pick in round 1 then he'll take it, but if he feels that darell revis will most benefit the team than who the hell am i to argue with him

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

another thing i wanted to point out that i found pretty informative was how the jets havn't focused on a cornerback at all in free agency cept for the rumors that we were interested in nick harper and resigning hank poteat....i have a feeling it is because they are looking to get a corner in the draft...whether thats in the first round or not will be seen

Comment

Originally posted by El$anDollah View Post
                            The guy from you people are talking about from BC is B.J Raiji
                            yea thats his name. Hes 6-1 337 right now (which mean by the time the '08 draft rolls around, he will b around 350). He can be that one player who makes the rest of the defense go.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                              who is this NT from BC??? All i've ben hearing is this guy is a tank...

Also I dont knwo if its worth trading out of round 1 inelss your getting something really good out of it...
                              If we trade with the Bucs we have even value of 720 points to get both their 2nd rounders. 4 2nd rounders would allow us to get a guy like Ugoh early in the round to fill our RT need, and then we could go CB-DE-OLB in the late 2nd round, then RG in the 3rd. Fill all our needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information