This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dillen View Post
    Um...hate to break it to you, but Vilma isn't worth the 5th pick overall. Then again, if the trade is with the Lions it's very possible.

Um...we there were also rumors of us trading Vilma to Washington for the 6th overall and everyone in the NFL forum seems to think the Lions would actually be getting the better end of that deal, so unless you know something that nobody else knows... Vilma is a top 5 LB in a 4-3 defense who about to hit his prime right now. In the 4-3 he's a tackling machine and a great player, besides all of that he's a proven commodity (in the 4-3), which no other player in the draft can say. He's a hard worker and a team leader as well. So why isn't he worth #5 overall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
      Why isn't he worth a Top 5 pick? I would say he is already a Top 5 MLB and is only 25 years old. That instantly nmakes him the best defensive player in the draft and he still has the potential to be better than everybody in the draft. Offering the 26th pick is basically sayinmg that he might be a first round talent in this draft class. You would then take Willis, Timmons, Poz and Beason all over Vilma? Maybe thats why Philly hasn't won anything in a long time.
      Already a top 5 MLB? No. He definitely has the potential to be. He wasn't top 5 last year. He isn't great in the 3-4, and that's what scheme he is in, so how is he top 5?

I would take Vilma over any LB in the draft class. But players hardly ever get equal value. Maybe Vilma will because he's still so young. I highly doubt it.

The only 2 LBs in the draft I'd take at 26 are Willis and Timmons. Vilma is worth atleast twice as much as Posluszny and Beason. They aren't in his league as a prospect. Willis and Timmons are close to what Vilma was as a prospect. Vilma has proven himself to be a good MLB. That's really the only thing he has over them.

What an Eagles fan thinks about a Jets player has absolutely nothing to do with "why the Eagles havent wont anything in a long time." Speaking of winning recently...The Jets have won 3 playoff games since 1987. They've been in the playoffs 6 times. The Eagles have won 10 playoff games since 1987 and been in the playoffs 12 times.........so yeah.

I normally dont do this type of thing but for you to say that when the Jets have never even been in a Super Bowl as an NFL team is downright stupid.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen View Post
        Already a top 5 MLB? No. He definitely has the potential to be. He wasn't top 5 last year. He isn't great in the 3-4, and that's what scheme he is in, so how is he top 5?

I would take Vilma over any LB in the draft class. But players hardly ever get equal value. Maybe Vilma will because he's still so young. I highly doubt it.

The only 2 LBs in the draft I'd take at 26 are Willis and Timmons. Vilma is worth atleast twice as much as Posluszny and Beason. They aren't in his league as a prospect. Willis and Timmons are close to what Vilma was as a prospect. Vilma has proven himself to be a good MLB. That's really the only thing he has over them.

What an Eagles fan thinks about a Jets player has absolutely nothing to do with "why the Eagles havent wont anything in a long time." Speaking of winning recently...The Jets have won 3 playoff games since 1987. They've been in the playoffs 6 times. The Eagles have won 10 playoff games since 1987 and been in the playoffs 12 times.........so yeah.

I normally dont do this type of thing but for you to say that when the Jets have never even been in a Super Bowl as an NFL team is downright stupid.

Vilma is a top 5 MLB in a 4-3 defense, you can't say he isn't because he was back before we switched to the 3-4. In the 3-4 he's an ILB not an MLB. I'd venture to say that about 75% of people on this site would say that Vilma is a top 5 MLB in the league right now. And like I said, if teams are willing to pull the trigger on that kind of trade, who are you to say that he's not worth the 5th overall pick?

Comment

• is anyone else considered about the jets just sitting back and waiting in free agency?
          JETS

Comment

• 4 things:
            1. is anyone else concerned about Tangini just sitting back and waiting quitely in free agency?
            2. am i rigth here that if vilma was in the draft, the lions would likley take him with the 2nd overall pick? thats why i think the 1st 2nd and vilma is too much, which im opposed to in the first place becasue i would rather vilma than any player in the draft
            3. im glad to see that we are actually negotiating with running backs.....http://www.nypost.com/seven/03042007...cannizzaro.htm....im upset that travis henry is not likely goign to the jets but i just hope we can get one of the elite FA rb's or mcgahee or thomas jones
            4. rumor has it that the dolphins want to trade mcmichael for a 3rd round pick, i think this would be a great trade because i would rather mcmichael for a 3rd than olsen for a 1st, what do you guys think?
            JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
              2. am i rigth here that if vilma was in the draft, the lions would likley take him with the 2nd overall pick?
              You should know by now that this is not how it works. You rarely see players getting first round value.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                4 things:
                1. is anyone else concerned about Tangini just sitting back and waiting quitely in free agency?
                2. am i rigth here that if vilma was in the draft, the lions would likley take him with the 2nd overall pick? thats why i think the 1st 2nd and vilma is too much, which im opposed to in the first place becasue i would rather vilma than any player in the draft
                3. im glad to see that we are actually negotiating with running backs.....http://www.nypost.com/seven/03042007...cannizzaro.htm....im upset that travis henry is not likely goign to the jets but i just hope we can get one of the elite FA rb's or mcgahee or thomas jones
                4. rumor has it that the dolphins want to trade mcmichael for a 3rd round pick, i think this would be a great trade because i would rather mcmichael for a 3rd than olsen for a 1st, what do you guys think?
                I would love to see McGahee as a Jet because

A) He would stop raping us when we play the bills
                B) He is an excellent runner

What would it cost to get him?

Comment

• McGahee I think would be tough to get because he's from a division rival and I'm not sure how great he is. I believe his YPC was under 4 last year. However, he does have potential. But between injury concerns and so-so character I don't see us going for him. Cost would probabaly be our third, maybe our second second, but again I'm not sure I see it happening. What do you guys think of taking David Harris out of Michigan? Seems like he's a good player and would be a good fit for our defensive scheme.

Comment

• I would say this be a reasonable trade:

Lions recieve:

Jonathan Vilma
                    Pick #37 (530)
                    Pick #57 (330)
                    Future 4th round pick (20)

Jets recieve

Pick #2 (2600)
                    6th round pick (15)

Lions give up 2615
                    Jets give up 880

The difference is 1735.

The #5 pick is worth 1700. This Makes John Vilma worth the #5 overall pick, which I think is fair considering he is a top 3 LB in their defense and he's only 25 years old. This leaves 35 points. Because this is Matt Millen, please spare me 35 points! It's a fair trade IMO. I know they may want our first, but I think it is too much. Vilma is just such a stud in a 4-3.

Sign Joey Porter, Donnie Edwards, and Travis Henry

Trade Justin Mcareins to the Redskins for a 4th round pick

Draft:

1a. Calvin Johnson
                    1b. Patrick Willis
                    3. Aikika Alma-Francis
                    4. Josh Wilson (Scott has him as a mid-rounder)
                    5. Steve Smith
                    6. Leron McClain

Comment

• So you think we could take CJ too? I think that's the most logical scenario, although I think we're more likely to sign Duckett than Henry. That said, I'd probably prefer Henry. Another late first possibility IMO is Harris, we could even trade down a bit pick up another second or third and take him making the trade for #2 only slightly different than Vilma straight up for 2 overall. I do really highly doubt Steve Smith falls that far though. If we actually do trade for the second pick, I would definitely like that scenario a lot.

Comment

• I'm pretty surprised there is a lot of discussion over trading up between everyone here. All I heard was a rumor. I really don't see us trading up for a top 5 pick. I could be wrong though, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

What FA RB would you like to see the Jets go after?

Comment

• Personally I like Travis Henry. Maybe T.J. Duckett as well, and if we feel that we only need a one or two year stopgap guy Corey Dillon could make some sense.

Comment

• I think we'll get Chris Brown. We were going after him pretty hard last year but that fell through.

Comment

• Jets | Jets to make push for Harper
                              Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:50:42 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are expected to reach out to unrestricted free-agent CB Nick Harper (Colts) in the coming days. He would be a nice fit opposite CB Andre Dyson.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                                Jets | Jets to make push for Harper
                                Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:50:42 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are expected to reach out to unrestricted free-agent CB Nick Harper (Colts) in the coming days. He would be a nice fit opposite CB Andre Dyson.
                                He would be a great signing if we can keep his wife away from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information