This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This "Trade Vilma" talk is crap.

Let's say we do trade him, who do we replace him with? If we replace him with Edwards, we're going to need a new LB next year anyways. Essentially, we'd be switching from a RB need to a LB need. Now, anyone who knows anything about the NFL would *much* rather have a need at RB than MLB, because RB's are so much easier to find. There are more good RB's in the NFL than there are starting spots... you can't say that for linebackers.

I love Peterson, and he has been my favorite college player for the past couple years, but I don't want to sacrifice my franchise to get him.

Comment

• Harper would be nice. Hell, any startying caliber CB would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
        This "Trade Vilma" talk is crap.

Let's say we do trade him, who do we replace him with? If we replace him with Edwards, we're going to need a new LB next year anyways. Essentially, we'd be switching from a RB need to a LB need. Now, anyone who knows anything about the NFL would *much* rather have a need at RB than MLB, because RB's are so much easier to find. There are more good RB's in the NFL than there are starting spots... you can't say that for linebackers.

I love Peterson, and he has been my favorite college player for the past couple years, but I don't want to sacrifice my franchise to get him.
        What about Calvin Johnson? Would you rather have him than AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
          You should know by now that this is not how it works. You rarely see players getting first round value.
          i know thats not how it works but im just saying like there valuing vilma too low in the trades
          JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            I would say this be a reasonable trade:

Lions recieve:

Jonathan Vilma
            Pick #37 (530)
            Pick #57 (330)
            Future 4th round pick (20)

Jets recieve

Pick #2 (2600)
            6th round pick (15)

Lions give up 2615
            Jets give up 880

The difference is 1735.

The #5 pick is worth 1700. This Makes John Vilma worth the #5 overall pick, which I think is fair considering he is a top 3 LB in their defense and he's only 25 years old. This leaves 35 points. Because this is Matt Millen, please spare me 35 points! It's a fair trade IMO. I know they may want our first, but I think it is too much. Vilma is just such a stud in a 4-3.

Sign Joey Porter, Donnie Edwards, and Travis Henry

Trade Justin Mcareins to the Redskins for a 4th round pick

Draft:

1a. Calvin Johnson
            1b. Patrick Willis
            3. Aikika Alma-Francis
            4. Josh Wilson (Scott has him as a mid-rounder)
            5. Steve Smith
            6. Leron McClain
            i dont think we would get CJ and steve smith, also i think we will address OL sometime this offseason, also i dont think josh wilson will fall to round 4, he will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder
            JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
              I'm pretty surprised there is a lot of discussion over trading up between everyone here. All I heard was a rumor. I really don't see us trading up for a top 5 pick. I could be wrong though, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

What FA RB would you like to see the Jets go after?
              i would like herny or corey dillon probably, and someone who i would probably like the most that nobody is talking about is ahman green
              JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                Jets | Jets to make push for Harper
                Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:50:42 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are expected to reach out to unrestricted free-agent CB Nick Harper (Colts) in the coming days. He would be a nice fit opposite CB Andre Dyson.
                Harper would be a great, altough hes 32 and a little lacking in the height department, i think he would be a great corner for us opposite dyson, giving us a decent pair of starters with a lot of depth with miller, poteat, and drew coleman, but does anybody know if we're keeping david barret? i heard rumors a while ago we were going to cut him but they haven't yet
                JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                  What about Calvin Johnson? Would you rather have him than AD?
                  Honestly? No. If there was a *beast* DT that would fit the 3-4, then maybe I would trade up. But really, for the next 3 years we don't need a WR. The only way I would want to draft Calvin is if Coles was involved in the trade up.

I don't see why a team with as many needs as ours would package up our best player (Vilma) and two starters (first and second pick) for a person who plays a position that is arguably our strongest place.

It makes zero sense.

Comment

• I was looking at the traded draft picks and came across something odd involving your team. It says that you have given away 2 seventh round picks, one to Green Bay and one to Dallas, but you also got a pick from the Lions, you also have either a 6th or 7th from the Bucs and you have an undisclosed late round selection from the Vikings, I was wondering if you guys know which picks you have and which ones you don't and what rounds the ones from the Bucs and Vikings are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost View Post
                      I was looking at the traded draft picks and came across something odd involving your team. It says that you have given away 2 seventh round picks, one to Green Bay and one to Dallas, but you also got a pick from the Lions, you also have either a 6th or 7th from the Bucs and you have an undisclosed late round selection from the Vikings, I was wondering if you guys know which picks you have and which ones you don't and what rounds the ones from the Bucs and Vikings are.
                      our pick and the pick that we got from the lions cancel out with the picks we owe green bay and dallas....so other than that we get two picks, the tampa bay pick i believe is a 6th rounder but i don't know about the minnesota pick
                      JETS

Comment

• Looks like the Vilma trade isn't happening. Like I said in the thread in the NFL forum, I think people assumed we felt Vilma was not a good fit for the 3-4. If we did, the trade would have been fine, but since I'd assume we still do I believe that keeping him and letting him try and improve in the defense is the right move. Now that we can put that behind us, anybody think David Harris would be a nice fit next to Vilma, maybe at 2a?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Looks like the Vilma trade isn't happening. Like I said in the thread in the NFL forum, I think people assumed we felt Vilma was not a good fit for the 3-4. If we did, the trade would have been fine, but since I'd assume we still do I believe that keeping him and letting him try and improve in the defense is the right move. Now that we can put that behind us, anybody think David Harris would be a nice fit next to Vilma, maybe at 2a?
                          Source: http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/

Vilma trade? John Clayton says he never mentioned it
                          There is all kinds of talk, blogs and posts out there about ESPN's John Clayton supposedly mentioning a possible trade between the Lions and Jets that would involve Detroit's second overall pick for linebacker Jonathan Vilma and assorted draft picks.

"What? I never said a word about it. I've never mentioned Jonathan Vilma,'' Clayton said moments ago.

Ah, Internet rumors. At least this one got shot down before it grew into a monster.
                          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

• good to hear the end of this vilma rumor
                            on another note, we can scratch ahman green off our wishlist, as it was reported the jets had contacted his agent, cuz he has signed with houston
                            JETS

Comment

• Hells yes!

I can be a happy Jets fan again! :D

Comment

• it looks like were meeting with two low key players soon, as reported on profootballtalk.com
                                Dolphins FB Darian Barnes is visiting the Jets, who lost B.J. Askew to the Bucs.

DE Kenyon Coleman is visiting the Jets on Sunday.
                                JETS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information