Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we signed Harper,Brown and a decent DE,I'd be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny4 View Post
      If we signed Harper,Brown and a decent DE,I'd be happy.
      I think Chris Brown is a good player but i dont know if he is a good compliment to to Leon. I wouldnt mind signing him if theres no other RB's that compliment Leon well.
      JETS

Comment

• well it looks like thomas jones is gonna have to consider that paint change to his orange ferrari he has! definately a huge fan of this deal becuase not only do we have a starting caliber RB to compliment leon but i have a feeling were gonna get two top-notch players with our 59th and 63rd picks.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• well, i guess my lamont jordan brainstorm didnt pan out, but we got a very productive back out of this...maybe we can package the 59 and our 1st rounder to move up and grab a better quality DT...i still think robertson has to go, he is good trade bait.
          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• i LOVE this thomas jones trade but a couple questions arise from this great trade...does this mean that instead of getting leonard in late round 2 we will get a true FB? if we do get a FB it is in FA or the draft with Leron McLain? what CB will be looking for if we don't sign one? does this further show that we will go blalock in round 1 because now we have no shot at him in round 2? do you think we will go skill position on day 1? will we end up taking woodley as a DE/OLB if we dont sign one now taht we will almost deinfitley be missing out on spencer unless we take him in round 1?
            JETS

Comment

• yaa i was just about to ask a bunch of those questions...this definately changes up things, not to mention drastically reduces the amount of rumors we can talk about what with our RB situation being settled for a few years hah but seriously how do we draft with our 25th do we go blaylock or do we try to get someone like mccauley or revis or some type of cornberback, possibly greg olsen or maybe jarvis moss if he falls...i still feel we'll be able to get some solid players that drop out of the bottom of the first and top of the 2nd to the bottom of the 2nd...either way whats everyones opinion on our current situation..which i think has definately improved

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                yaa i was just about to ask a bunch of those questions...this definately changes up things, not to mention drastically reduces the amount of rumors we can talk about what with our RB situation being settled for a few years hah but seriously how do we draft with our 25th do we go blaylock or do we try to get someone like mccauley or revis or some type of cornberback, possibly greg olsen or maybe jarvis moss if he falls...i still feel we'll be able to get some solid players that drop out of the bottom of the first and top of the 2nd to the bottom of the 2nd...either way whats everyones opinion on our current situation..which i think has definately improved

if we sign Marc Colombo, which we are rumored to do, I think we are fine on the O-line at least in the first day. Since RB is no longer a need, this means we go defense. In this case, I would want to take the best defensive player available that isn't a safety or a MLB. Jarvis Moss, Revis, Chris Houston, Tank are all possibilities.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• speaking of colombo..does anyone know if we have any FA meetings set up with any offensive lineman??

Comment

• I Love Tangini!

^^Sig From Nvot9
                    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Post-Trade New Mock:

1. Justin Blaylock
                      2a. Anthony Spencer
                      2b. Justin Harrell
                      3. Aikika Alma-Francis
                      5. Steve Smith
                      6. Leron McClain

That is a perfect draft IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                        Post-Trade New Mock:

1. Justin Blaylock
                        2a. Anthony Spencer
                        2b. Justin Harrell
                        3. Aikika Alma-Francis
                        5. Steve Smith
                        6. Leron McClain

That is a perfect draft IMO.
                        thatd be amazing, but i highly doubt spencer will fall that far because i think the ravens will take him 1st round at pick 29, due to their loss of adalius thomas, but if he somehow does fall to us, this would be an AMAZING draft if we could sign a CB like nick harper in free agency, also would we draft Harrell and Alama-Francis because they both project to DE in the 3-4? i was think maybe a NT at one of those 2 picks
                        JETS

Comment

• The Jets could announce their first free-agent signing of the offseason Tuesday after spending Monday meeting with David Bowens (Dolphins). Bowens' agent, Harold Lewis, said a deal could be in place by Tuesday. Bowens had five sacks for Miami in 2006, playing mostly defensive end. He'll likely be converted into a pass-rushing outside linebacker if he signs with the Jets . . . The Jets also met with defensive end Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys) Monday. Jordan Woy, Coleman's agent, said in an e-mail Monday night that the meeting has been "great so far"

Bowens: OLB 6-3 265 28 yrs old
                          Coleman: DE 6-5 295 27 yrds old

If these deals get done and the Jones trade goes through without a hitch the draft is going to get pretty interesting.

New Question: Revis, Houston, Ross or McCauley with #25? (or maybe greg olsen?)
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• How come I always see our 25th pick being a corner? Last time I checked our pass D was in the top half of the league while our run defense was terrible. I think if Tank Williams is there at 25 its a no brainer. If D-Rob doesnt fit at NT we can't keep trying him there. If were going to have a 3-4 we need a big NT now and I dont think theres anyone like that in FA. Besides, the corner class this year is pretty deep and we might have someone fall to us like Miller did a couple years ago.

Comment

• what do you guys think of going after mcmichael? he was just released...i think he is def a step up from what we have now in baker.
                              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
                                what do you guys think of going after mcmichael? he was just released...i think he is def a step up from what we have now in baker.
                                I believe he has had character issues in the past, so I am not sure if he is a "mangini guy" but he would be an upgrade
                                J. MESS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information