This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    well it looks like thomas jones is gonna have to consider that paint change to his orange ferrari he has! definately a huge fan of this deal becuase not only do we have a starting caliber RB to compliment leon but i have a feeling were gonna get two top-notch players with our 59th and 63rd picks.
    I think it was great that we got a guy of that caliber and did not "lose" a pick. Granted we traded pretty far down, but we still have the two # 2s.
    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
      How come I always see our 25th pick being a corner? Last time I checked our pass D was in the top half of the league while our run defense was terrible. I think if Tank Williams is there at 25 its a no brainer. If D-Rob doesnt fit at NT we can't keep trying him there. If were going to have a 3-4 we need a big NT now and I dont think theres anyone like that in FA. Besides, the corner class this year is pretty deep and we might have someone fall to us like Miller did a couple years ago.

Dewayne Robertson came on strong later in the season at NT and it seems they will keep him there if he can put on 5-10 lbs. Drafting a CB is the top priority in the draft now that we have traded for Thomas Jones... Andre Dyson is a good corner but look at our number 2 options, miller, poteat, and coleman (don't even include barrett:cut) We need a young and good corner to come in and start I think we'll address it with the 1st round pick. Now if we take Greg Olsen or Justin Harrell at 25 I wouldn't be dissapointed we woud probably then take tanard jackson from syracuse in the second or perhaps fred bennett or Josh wilson with our 3rd rounder, but I doubt we wait that long.

New Jets Needs...
      CB, OT, DE, WR, DT

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
        what do you guys think of going after mcmichael? he was just released...i think he is def a step up from what we have now in baker.
        ive been saying all along since the rumors of him being shopped around that we should add him, it gives us a great recieving TE and a red-zone trheeat
        JETS

Comment

• I do hope we sign McMichael. Banta Cain and Porter were signed, so no more talk about getting them.

Here's an optimist mock, and it's amazing for us:

Sign McMichael and Bowens

Trade our 2 late 2nds to the top 2nd/late first round

Draft:

1. Darrell Revis
          2. Justin Blaylock
          3. Aikika Alma-Francis
          5. Steve Smith
          6. Leron McClain

With this, we solidy the CB position with Revis, who will be a true, #1 excellent corner.

Justin Blaylock solves the problem on the right side, for we can play him at RT or RG.

Aikika Alma-Francis is the player to take over for Kimo, he is a good young player on the rise who has an incredibly amount of upside.

Steve Smith may not be there, but if he is, we take him without a question. A possession reciever with some potential to be a very reliable #3 WR.

Leron McClain is the next Lorenzo Neal. If we have to, I wouldn't mind taking him in the 5th round. We lost Askew in Free Agency (Not a big deal) so we need a replacement. McClain is the perfect lead blocker and will help excel our run game.
          Last edited by jetsfan3; 03-06-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            I do hope we sign McMichael. Banta Cain and Porter were signed, so no more talk about getting them.

Here's an optimist mock, and it's amazing for us:

Sign McMichael and Bowens

Trade our 2 late 2nds to the top 2nd/late first round

Draft:

1. Darrell Revis
            2. Justin Blaylock
            3. Aikika Alma-Francis
            5. Steve Smith
            6. Leron McClain

With this, we solidy the CB position with Revis, who will be a true, #1 excellent corner.

Justin Blaylock solves the problem on the right side, for we can play him at RT or RG.

Aikika Alma-Francis is the player to take over for Kimo, he is a good young player on the rise who has an incredibly amount of upside.

Steve Smith may not be there, but if he is, we take him without a question. A possession reciever with some potential to be a very reliable #3 WR.

Leron McClain is the next Lorenzo Neal. If we have to, I wouldn't mind taking him in the 5th round. We lost Askew in Free Agency (Not a big deal) so we need a replacement. McClain is the perfect lead blocker and will help excel our run game.
            i love both the free agent signings and the draft, all else we would need would be a NT
            JETS

Comment

• we just signed coleman from dal and resigned hamilton...does this mean that we let kemo go, or was he resigned already?
              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
                we just signed coleman from dal and resigned hamilton...does this mean that we let kemo go, or was he resigned already?
                we didnt resign him, last season we signed him to a 3-year deal, we were supposed to cut him if he didnt restructure his contract but we didnt, idk what were plannign on doing with him but he was defintley not resigned
                JETS

Comment

• 25)Plan A-Olsen/Plan B-Revis, Houston, McCauley or Ross (Best available in that order)
                  59)Arron Sears (RT/RG)
                  63) Brian Robinson (DE/OLB)

This is my first one, tell me what you guys think.

And of course if we sign McMichael we would go CB and if we sign Harper we'll go Olsen.

Comment

• just a random sidenote, without the late picks in the two main trades in last years draft (to trade down in round 2 with redskins to get clemens at better value, and then to trade back up with cowboys to take clemens), and putting in the names for the picks they got taken, we essentially traded rocky macintosh for kellen clemons, thomas jones, and the 63rd pick in the 2007 draft.....now how about that for a good trade?
                    JETS

Comment

• just saw that we signed coleman today, but does anyone know how close we are in signing bowens?? and whats the deal on Colombo, because ive heard so many different things...from dallas not wanting him back to them being close to resigning him to us offering him a contract???

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                        just saw that we signed coleman today, but does anyone know how close we are in signing bowens?? and whats the deal on Colombo, because ive heard so many different things...from dallas not wanting him back to them being close to resigning him to us offering him a contract???
                        i saw many reports that we are very close to signing bowens, and im confused also abuot all these colombo rumors, i think colombo would be a great signing though
                        JETS

Comment

• darian barnes was signed today...i dont know much about him, but at least its another hole that was filled up. askew was replaceable anyway.
                          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                            i saw many reports that we are very close to signing bowens, and im confused also abuot all these colombo rumors, i think colombo would be a great signing though

Bowens left NY without a contract, reportedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                              Bowens left NY without a contract, reportedly.
                              yeah but were still in high contact with him
                              JETS

Comment

• hey im a giant fan, and im wondering what you think of leon washington. i caught about 6 or 7 jet games last year and leon looks like a brian westbrook type player. i was really impressed with him i hope he gets a chance to play for you guys, hes got some talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information