Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'll unlock it now. I was pretty much just experimenting to see if I knew what the hell I was doing... (I do... but barely)

Oh, and knowing myself, I'll probably lose my position for making fun of someone after a little while anyways, so my reign of terror will probably be pretty short...

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
      Yeah, I'll unlock it now. I was pretty much just experimenting to see if I knew what the hell I was doing... (I do... but barely)

Oh, and knowing myself, I'll probably lose my position for making fun of someone after a little while anyways, so my reign of terror will probably be pretty short...
      No don't unlock it. I f u keep it, and any other subsequent topics regarding certain unnamed FBs locked, I will start a petition if and when you lose your position.

Comment

• Wassup guys. I've been coming to this site a lot for the past couple of drafts and I finally decided to register. I post all the time on footballsfuture and finally decided to come here too, since I really appreciate the knowledgable people on this site.

Thought I'd add how I'd like to see the Jets draft on the 1st day. Let me know what you think.

Ideal mock
        1. Darrelle Revis
        2a. Quentin Moses/Lamarr Woodley
        2b. Ikaika Alama-Francis
        3. Manual Ramirez

More realistic (since I think Revis will be gone I just tweaked it a little)
        1. Anthony Spencer
        2a. Eric Wright
        2b. Ikaika Alama-Francis
        3. Manuel Ramirez

Look forward to posting in the future!

EDIT: You could also add Brian Robison to the "Ideal Mock" next to Moses and Woodley. As you can see, I'm not really high on any of the "tweeners" after Spencer lol.
        Last edited by gang_green03; 03-21-2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Something I have said before but not in a while. If the Jets wait until the end of the third round to take Ramirez, they might find he's not there anymore. Also, how do you guys feel about Jacob Ford day 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by gang_green03 View Post
            Wassup guys. I've been coming to this site a lot for the past couple of drafts and I finally decided to register. I post all the time on footballsfuture and finally decided to come here too, since I really appreciate the knowledgable people on this site.

Thought I'd add how I'd like to see the Jets draft on the 1st day. Let me know what you think.

Ideal mock
            1. Darrelle Revis
            2a. Quentin Moses/Lamarr Woodley
            2b. Ikaika Alama-Francis
            3. Manual Ramirez

More realistic (since I think Revis will be gone I just tweaked it a little)
            1. Anthony Spencer
            2a. Eric Wright
            2b. Ikaika Alama-Francis
            3. Manuel Ramirez

Look forward to posting in the future!

EDIT: You could also add Brian Robison to the "Ideal Mock" next to Moses and Woodley. As you can see, I'm not really high on any of the "tweeners" after Spencer lol.
            Welcome aboard, always good to see a Jets fan, and especially one who I can already tell knows what he's talking about. Love the ideal mock, however Eric Wright at 2a. is more ideal than realistic. And Moses/Woodley is more realistic than ideal. IMO, I think you should switch both 2a. picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Something I have said before but not in a while. If the Jets wait until the end of the third round to take Ramirez, they might find he's not there anymore. Also, how do you guys feel about Jacob Ford day 2?

Is Ford going to be there in the 5th? Similar player? I don't know much about him. And if it's alright, may I switch the question a bit and ask how you'd feel if we took Ramirez with the Bears' second rounder to ensure getting him?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                Is Ford going to be there in the 5th? Similar player? I don't know much about him. And if it's alright, may I switch the question a bit and ask how you'd feel if we took Ramirez with the Bears' second rounder to ensure getting him?
                "Better safe than sorry". :)

Comment

yaa well said...id love to have him with our 3rd rounder but chances are as was said he just may not be there...its kind of a toss up for me cuase i want both him and alama-francis, but ramirez is both a want and a need so its prolly the better choice

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Im kind of surprised no one really talking about Kenyon Coleman much.

Comment

I'm with you 100%.

Comment

• Ideally if no one really good is there at 2b, I wouldn't mind trading down with 2b and 5 and picking up a 3rd next year and a mid 3rd and then take Ramirez there.

Comment

• Yo why did my topic get locked up? You argue that any other forum on the Jets Forum can be discussed in the main hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by El$anDollah View Post
                            Yo why did my topic get locked up? You argue that any other forum on the Jets Forum can be discussed in the main hub.
                            Generally, if there is news in it of any kind, it won't get locked. Something like the Madden thread I left open because then there will be three pages of numbers in the middle of the thread, and that throws a kink into any real conversation.

Your thread had no news, and no real reason for not being in here. Why the hell would we have a team discussion thread, but then make a new thread for every insignificant thought we have?

"Who is the most handsome Jet?!"

Comment

• id have to go with mangold...the flowing hair, hes a stud hah...but anyways instead of makin a new thread ill ask on here, im trying to get the consensus if we are to take a cornerback in round 1 who would everyone want...dont say no i dont want a cornerback with the first pick, but hypothetical which cornerback does everyone want the most, and what is the best thing u think he brings to the table...

ill start it off and say Darrell Revis..i saw in a few important spots our corners (not andre dyson) miss open field tackles when 1 on 1 which turned a 4 yard gain into a 30+ yard gain...from what ive seen of Revis he's a good tackler and great open field tackler

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I'll take Revis or Houston. I love Eric Wright but I think with his past off the field issues we won't touch him. Houston is a strong, fast corner who did very well against good receivers in college and has a shutdown corner attitude. I'd love to have him on our team. Revis is just a great all-around athlete and I think he'll be a very good corner in the league. Hall would be nice but he won't be there and he just doesn't offer the upside of the other two. So overall, I'd be content with any corner at our pick but I'd like Revis or Houston the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information