Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problem with Revis and I wouldn't mind Ross he reminds me a lot of Cedric Griffin. I think our best pick would be Revis and our best draft would be...

1) Revis CB

2a) Alama-Francis DE

2b) Trade down into the 3rd and gain another 2nd rounder for next year and a 3rd this year thus we would have 2 3rd rounders this year and 2 2nd rounders next year (maybe more). Reason being that you can draft a OG and OT tandem as seen below in the 3rd that would be better than reaching...and you gain additional picks. Perhaps even use 2a to do this and gain even more if on draft day the pulse is that Alama-Francis will slip to 2b. (if you want a pick: Quentin Moses and take away Doug Free or maybe get him in the early 4th if we can somehow with our other picks get a mid to high 4th rounder)

3a) Manuel Ramirez OG

3b) Doug Free OT

5) Dallas Baker WR

6) LeRon McClain FB
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
      I have no problem with Revis and I wouldn't mind Ross he reminds me a lot of Cedric Griffin. I think our best pick would be Revis and our best draft would be...

1) Revis CB

2a) Alama-Francis DE

2b) Trade down into the 3rd and gain another 2nd rounder for next year and a 3rd this year thus we would have 2 3rd rounders this year and 2 2nd rounders next year (maybe more). Reason being that you can draft a OG and OT tandem as seen below in the 3rd that would be better than reaching...and you gain additional picks. Perhaps even use 2a to do this and gain even more if on draft day the pulse is that Alama-Francis will slip to 2b. (if you want a pick: Quentin Moses and take away Doug Free or maybe get him in the early 4th if we can somehow with our other picks get a mid to high 4th rounder)

3a) Manuel Ramirez OG

3b) Doug Free OT

5) Dallas Baker WR

6) LeRon McClain FB
      NO ME GUSTA!!!

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
        NO ME GUSTA!!!
        Care to elaborate that at all? Just a little bit? Saying you don't like the draft in a different language really means absolutely nothing, so why don't you explain why and what you would change?

Comment

NO ME GUSTA!!!
          Please explain, that's a great draft IMO.

Revis will be our future #1 CB, and a damn good one too.

Alma Francis is a player with extreme upside and could develop into an All-Pro 3-4 DE.

Manny Ramirez and Doug Free solidify our Oline problems. I expect one of the two to start right away, and the other sit for 2 years until Kendall retires and Moore moves to LG.

And Leron McClain is the next Lorenzo Neal.

Very good draft overall IMO.

Comment

I have no problem with Revis and I wouldn't mind Ross he reminds me a lot of Cedric Griffin. I think our best pick would be Revis and our best draft would be...

1) Revis CB

2a) Alama-Francis DE

3a) Manuel Ramirez OG

3b) Doug Free OT

5) Dallas Baker WR

6) LeRon McClain FB
            sorry about that I forgot to click submit reply....

anyway, Im not a big fan of Revis. He's a great corner I just like Aaron Ross a little bit more becuase he is a playmaker IMO. Manny and Doug Free are both good picks because im a huge fan of O-line. Don't think we should draft a Fullback becuase we just got Darian Barnes, but it's the 6th round so it doesn't really bother me that much. I like I-AF but I don't want him at that pick. I'd rather address the OLB needs. I'm starting to like the possibility of drafting Woodley or Moses at that pick. I really would like a guy who would sack the **** out of the QB. Woodley had a great pro-day and really impressed guys. Even though at first I wasn't a big fan of drafting him I watched a little film on him from YouTube and what not. I saw that he is a leader on the field and he is a worker. Both things are Tangini qualities. Thats why I lean to Woodley. If I had to pick a guy ahed of both of them its Anthony Spencer in the first round becuase I think he is going to be a great OLB. He is a freak and he is quick. That is the guy I would draft in the first round if he is available. So as he said above I would probably change the I-AF pick to Moses or Woodley. I would change Revis to Ross just based on the idea that I believe Ross is a better player and he is a really hard hitter which I would love to see on the Jets defense. Revis may be a better corner but im biased because im an Aaron Ross fan so thats my stand on this.
            Last edited by Young Nasty Man; 03-22-2007, 04:42 PM.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'll just chime in with why didn't the Jets go after Justin Griffith? I really wanted the Jets to sign him. :(

Comment

• "Jets signed DE Michael Haynes. The former Bears first-round pick has the size to play end in a 3-4, but bounced around the league last season. He'll battle to make the team."

clearly brought in to add some competition not a huge signing but still nice to see some depth added to the line..does the signing of koleman, resigning of hamilton and now the signing of haynes mean were not gonna address the Dline as much in the draft?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Thats another DE. Wonder what the starting D-Line will look like?

Comment

• I like the signing, depth never hurts.

Comment

• speaking of depth at the dline, anyone have any idea whats up with andre wadsworth??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by El$anDollah View Post
                        Thats another DE. Wonder what the starting D-Line will look like?
                        Right now, I'd imagine:

Ellis-DRob-Coleman

Comment

• 3-4 Ellis, Roberston, Coleman/Haynes
                          4-3 Ellis, Robertson, Kimo, Coleman/Haynes

I like the Haynes signing he's young still has potential and I think Mangini can get the most out of him...He's not going to be the savior of he Jets but I think he provides competition, depth and youth at an aging position and b/c of this we;re not likely to draft DE on the 1st day (maybe carriker, doubt it though)

Also for those of us assigning Coleman the starting job already ESPN has Haynes rated higher than Coleman and so do other scouts from SI and sportsline.
                          Last edited by hcbrad08; 03-23-2007, 12:17 PM.
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

sorry about that I forgot to click submit reply....

anyway, Im not a big fan of Revis. He's a great corner I just like Aaron Ross a little bit more becuase he is a playmaker IMO. Manny and Doug Free are both good picks because im a huge fan of O-line. Don't think we should draft a Fullback becuase we just got Darian Barnes, but it's the 6th round so it doesn't really bother me that much. I like I-AF but I don't want him at that pick. I'd rather address the OLB needs. I'm starting to like the possibility of drafting Woodley or Moses at that pick. I really would like a guy who would sack the **** out of the QB. Woodley had a great pro-day and really impressed guys. Even though at first I wasn't a big fan of drafting him I watched a little film on him from YouTube and what not. I saw that he is a leader on the field and he is a worker. Both things are Tangini qualities. Thats why I lean to Woodley. If I had to pick a guy ahed of both of them its Anthony Spencer in the first round becuase I think he is going to be a great OLB. He is a freak and he is quick. That is the guy I would draft in the first round if he is available. So as he said above I would probably change the I-AF pick to Moses or Woodley. I would change Revis to Ross just based on the idea that I believe Ross is a better player and he is a really hard hitter which I would love to see on the Jets defense. Revis may be a better corner but im biased because im an Aaron Ross fan so thats my stand on this.

Revis vs. Ross: Ross may be a playmaker, but we really do not know what Revis is capable of doing when the ball is thrown to him. Ross got balls thrown at him because he was in a star-studded Texas secondary, it would have been nearly impossible to completely avoid any one player. Revis was by far the best player in a poor overall Pitt secondary and was completely avoided by opponents. Plus, Ross will be like 25 when draft day comes along.

I agree about the linemen. Offensive linemen are very important and I'd like for our line to be set for the future, and IAF is decent for depth and a nice player but I don't think we go in that direction that early. That said, based on value and potential the pick is not really that bad. Same with the fullback, I love McClain but we have a bunch of guys so the pick doesn't make a ton of sense. He's a great player though, so same as IAF the pick isn't that bad.

Linebackers are where everybody has confused me. I could be wrong, but the OLB's in a 3-4 play completely different roles, and one should have more coverage responsibilities as well as the ability to rush the passer. Having two converted DE's across from each other does not make much sense to me. I could be wrong, but I'd rather go with a guy that has linebacker experience who has proven to be a good pass rusher, like a Tim Shaw.

Comment

Also for those of us assigning Coleman the starting job already ESPN has Haynes rated higher than Coleman and so do other scouts from SI and sportsline.
                              Unless Haynes plays lights out during camp and pre-season, and/or Coleman struggles mightily, Coleman will be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Comment

• I have 2 topics of discussion I want to bring up.

First, if the Jets do draft a cornerback, who is the odd man out? It's certainly not going to be Justin Miller. He young, speedy and a pro bowl returner. That leaves.

Andre Dyson
                                David Barrett
                                Hank Poteat
                                Drew Coleman
                                The Jets for whatever reason hold on to all six cornerbacks.

Second, can Sione Pouha (it seems like everyone has forgotten he is on the roster) bounce back from injured reserve and be the nose tackle the Jets drafted him to be? We keep looking at the draft for a "true" 3-4 NT, but could the answer already be on the roster?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information