Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That could be a real possibility depending on the injury. Before he got hurt Mangini said he liked his size (bc he had lost excess weight and was gaining stamina but was still huge) I think he can provide great relief for Dewayne which may make him more effective or he simply be good enough to play more than that which would be great. I liek Pouha but theres a lot of things he needs to work on. He's never started or played for a full season and his stamina is a question. Also this injury could have been bad but we'll see I hope he works out.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I think if we draft a corner Mangini will obviously let them decide it on the field preseason, I think Barrett would probably be out in that case. Pouha could be the answer at NT he just really did not play well when I saw him and would really have to step up quite a bit. He has potential to start, and at the very least could be a rotation guy, but right now I really don't want to expect too much of him because he's unproven to this point.

Comment

• we're playing Dallas on thanksgiving, thats so exciting! I hope we don't embarass ourselves in probably the most watched regular season game of the year.

^^Sig From Nvot9
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• As long as we don't let Romo throw for 10 TDs, we should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
            As long as we don't let Romo throw for 10 TDs, we should be fine.
            yaa bro no worriess all we gotta do is have someone get carrie underwood or whoever the new hot country singer will be to come visit him before the game... totally mindf*** him

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Aww man I can't wait to see TO and **** getting laid out by a Jet

Comment

• "Currently ranked No. 43 overall in this year's draft by Scout.com NFL Expert Tom Marino, Hawaii DE Ikaika Alama-Francis already has three visits set and an important dinner engagement with the Jets this week. And find out who wants to check him out as a tight end. Ed Thompson has the details inside....

If you don't count his single year of Pop Warner football, Ikaika Alama-Francis has played just three years of organized football, beginning in his sophomore year at the University of Hawaii. But after two sensational years as a starter at defensive end, he's a hot prospect that is drawing interest at defensive end, outside linebacker, and even tight end.
                A source close to the Alama-Francis told me that he's drawing so much interest that at his Pro Day on Thursday, he'll even work out as a tight end after the Giants and the Chiefs both expressed interest in him at the position.

The 6-foot-5, 280 pound athlete wasn't able to workout at the NFL Combine due to a torn pectoral muscle he sustained while playing in the Hula Bowl. But he's anxious to show that he's fully recovered and ready to play.

My source confirmed that Alama-Francis will start his first of three visits on April 1st with the Colts, will then head directly to Pittsburgh on the 2nd, and will then visit with the Cleveland Browns on the 3rd. But one team is planning to get a jump on getting to know the personable young man even better. I've been told that Alama-Francis is scheduled to have dinner this Wednesday with Jets head coach Eric Mangini in California.

Alama-Francis' star has risen quickly at the University of Hawaii under a pair of former NFL head coaches -- June Jones and Jerry Glanville, who are the head coach and defensive coordinator, respectively, at the school. Jones has been quoted as saying that he and Glanville have talked about how they never coached a defensive end as good as Alama-Francis while they were in the NFL.

To learn more about him, click here to visit his Scout.com Player Profile page. Check back at Scout.com throughout the week for my interview with Ikaika Alama-Francis and other exciting players who could be on your favorite team's draft board.

A member of the Professional Football Writers of America, Ed Thompson's NFL and college football player interviews and features have been published across the Scout.com network and syndicated through FoxSports.com's NFL team pages"

sorry for the long ass post, but i wanted to get it all in there...from the amount of attention hes getting it seems that he might be off the board before the end of the 2nd round..ive loved this guy for a while and sure would like to see him on the team, plus with addition of koleman, haynes and wadsworth IAF could learn a lot..which he needs considering itd be his 4th year of football, not counting pee wee

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• i have no problem with alama-francis in the 2nd round, but i dont think we should pick 2 DE's in the 2nd, which is what most draft boards have us slated to do..even though many think its a boring pick, we really need a guard to secure the O line. we just signed wadsworth too..how many D linemen do you really need before you start asking if its TOO many? besides, what are we doing with Pouha, did we cut him yet? it seems like every time we draft a D lineman outside of the 1 and 2 round, they get lost in the mix and never play. 1st round, absolutely draft a CB. but i would still like them to draft offense in the second round, at least one of those picks. but you are right, francis is making some noise and he is drawing alot of attention from the jets.
                  "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
                    i have no problem with alama-francis in the 2nd round, but i dont think we should pick 2 DE's in the 2nd, which is what most draft boards have us slated to do..even though many think its a boring pick, we really need a guard to secure the O line. we just signed wadsworth too..how many D linemen do you really need before you start asking if its TOO many? besides, what are we doing with Pouha, did we cut him yet? it seems like every time we draft a D lineman outside of the 1 and 2 round, they get lost in the mix and never play. 1st round, absolutely draft a CB. but i would still like them to draft offense in the second round, at least one of those picks. but you are right, francis is making some noise and he is drawing alot of attention from the jets.
                    yaa we did sign a bunch of extra DEs, but bowens is more than likely gonna play OLB and someones gonna cut before the season starts ie. wadsworth, haynes, hamilton who knows tho, but i agree with ya on the CB with the first pick, i just feel that if theres someone we want that we feel we can get maybe 6 or so picks later trading down wouldnt hurt to stockpile another pick (it all depends on whos on the board tho)...im still hoping we land manny ramirez as well. I am also interested to see if theres gonna be a trade soon or draft day for barton and mccareins.
                    Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 03-28-2007, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• I'd love to see Francis on the Jets as well. I'm glad to see we're taking a serious interest in him. I also agree that two DEs in the 2nd round is overkill. Even though a lot of our signings seems to have been for depth, Coleman is getting starters money and we still have Ellis. Alama-Francis would be a great pick that could pay off huge dividends in a year or two.

Comment

• The only DEs I want on day one is Carriker if he falls to #25 (I doubt it happens) and MAYBE Alma-Francis at 2b depending on who else is there. I would definitely take Francis at 3.

Comment

• i think everything you said is pretty much on the money except for the barton trade-bait thing...although he was out most of 05, he had a solid year last year and in my opinion was the "behind the scenes" mvp of 04...he brings attitude and experience and i dont think he is expendable, especially where it seems the defense is finally starting to gel since the second half of 06.
                          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Mangini skipped USC's pro day to have dinner with 4 Hawaii players.... S Leonard Peters, OL Tala Esera, Samson Satele and Dan Uperesa.

Comment

• I'm a fan of Satele, whoever drafts him is getting a heck of a player imo.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Mangini skipped USC's pro day to have dinner with 4 Hawaii players.... S Leonard Peters, OL Tala Esera, Samson Satele and Dan Uperesa.
                                From what little I saw of Peters he looks very talented, but also very injury prone and very raw. He gives all out effort though and I think, at worst, he's a great special teams player. Potentially a diamond in the ruff though. I would give him a hard look in the 6 or 7 round.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information