• Show
Clear All

• did Drew Coleman even play?

former #1 in post count on this site
    first to 500 posts

Comment

• A few notes from today's solid win over the Texans:

Positives:
      -Chad bounced back nicely but I wouldn't get carried away because it was the Texans, it's a start though
      -Cotch and Coles continue to impress
      -Kerry Rhodes is definately the DMVP of this team
      -D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today
      -the pass rush was great today, but again it's against the Texans
      -Mike Nugent!!
      -The Giants lost!!!!!! hahahahaha

Negatives:
      -Kevan Barlow has struggled lately and Ced Houston should take most of his carries from here on in

Overall, a really really impressive win that showed that the Jets are a good team- now let's see them consistently play this well so we can get into the playoffs

And just think, whenever Chad is playing badly, just look at the other NY team and think things could be worse, at least we don't have Eli.

^^Sig From Nvot9
      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCU
        did Drew Coleman even play?
        yea he played a little but he didnt start

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
          A few notes from today's solid win over the Texans:

Positives:
          -Chad bounced back nicely but I wouldn't get carried away because it was the Texans, it's a start though
          -Cotch and Coles continue to impress
          -Kerry Rhodes is definately the DMVP of this team
          -D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today-the pass rush was great today, but again it's against the Texans
          -Mike Nugent!!
          -The Giants lost!!!!!! hahahahaha

Negatives:
          -Kevan Barlow has struggled lately and Ced Houston should take most of his carries from here on in

Overall, a really really impressive win that showed that the Jets are a good team- now let's see them consistently play this well so we can get into the playoffs

And just think, whenever Chad is playing badly, just look at the other NY team and think things could be worse, at least we don't have Eli.
          except the play mario got that hit on chad, on that play mario owned da brick, that hit could of ended chads season, and probably his career

Comment

• Best part of the game. I am not sure who was annoucning today, was it Ian Eagle? Anyway, Kerry Rhodes picks it off and the Whitest Man in the Universe states, "And what did I tell you? Kerry Rhodes is a baller!" I started cracking up.

There is no reason that we should not win the rest of our games.

Green Bay
            Buffalo
            Vikings
            Dolphins
            Raiders

This is good because the Chiefs still have to play Baltimore, San Diego, and Jacksonville.

The Broncos have to play the Seahawks, Bengals, Chargers, and 49ers.

If we continue to win, we will get in.

Comment

• i know a lot of these commetators are like using slang terminology, its mad funny, i frogot what game i was watching but the coimmentator was like"he is always ballin on game day"
              we have a good schedule from now on, but the teams that we are fighting for a playoff spot are really good, like jacksonville,cincinati, kc, denver.
              but those teams have tougher schedule than us, hope fully we can take advantage

Comment

• Who is going to the draft this year? I went last year and it was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gang Green
                  Who is going to the draft this year? I went last year and it was awesome.
                  its too early to say i most likely wont make it, i want to go to the nba draft so i can be one of those loud noisy knick fans that get interviewed and feel disapointed at the knicks pick

Comment

• I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
                      He is a straight up beast.

Comment

I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
                        He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.
                          what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without a doubt the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039
                            Originally posted by derza222
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.
                            Just trying to be diplomatic. I'm not as blunt as you are Josh.

And I'm pretty sure he slipped to the 4th because of concerns he wasn't physical enough. If I'm right he was a ballhawk in college but started off as a QB so there were questions about tackling and whatnot. He's certainly answered those this year, he gets a ton of tackles and is one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

By the way, that play where he faked the blitz and dropped into coverage and picked the deep out to Johnson was sick.

Comment

• Cool, I was just wondering because he's top in a lot of the saftey stats and there is very little mention of him by the media... Considering I haven't seen him play I didn't know if he was like our backup saftey Kaeshviharn who leads in INT's among safties and 3rd in sacks but he really isn't that good.

P.S. I hope you all don't interfere with my Bengals playoff hopes 8)

Comment

Cool, I was just wondering because he's top in a lot of the saftey stats and there is very little mention of him by the media... Considering I haven't seen him play I didn't know if he was like our backup saftey Kaeshviharn who leads in INT's among safties and 3rd in sacks but he really isn't that good.

P.S. I hope you all don't interfere with my Bengals playoff hopes 8)
                                He's really not a Kaeshviharn, he's really versatile. Seems like a lot of Kaesviharn's picks are to ice games or during garbage time. Kerry's big plays come at good times and really change momentum for us. Plus, since we're in more close games than Cincy the turnovers or big plays on defense really mean a lot. He's good in coverage and can hit pretty well. Solid up in the box and a really good blitzer. Seems to be all over the place to me, whenever there's a fumble or something he's right there forcing it or diving on it. Also he's a really good ballhawk in coverage and gets some nice picks. Seems like he's getting more comfortable in the defense too. Before his pick yesterday he faked a blitz and dropped into coverage, Carr couldn't see him because he was faking a handoff, and when he turned and threw it Rhodes was right there, it was a really awesome play. Great athlete, really gets up on some high balls, one of his interceptions this year (who it was against slipped my mind) was really impressive, great display of athletic ability. Can't say enough about him, he's really the star of our defense and my favorite player on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information