Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know of the players whom we've already had visits with, or those who are expected to visit?? besides that dinner mangini had with alama-francis i have no idea who they're meeting with.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I know we've met with David Harris, LaMarr Woodley, Michael Griffin, Justin Blalock, and Tim Crowder. I'm sure there's tons more.

Comment

• Also, we've met with Victor Abiamiri, Darnell Stapleton, Ryan Keenan, Roderick Rogers, Derrick Jones, Usama Young, Corey Davis, Ben Patrick, Adam Carriker, Tanard Jackson, and Brian Robison.

I think they also met with Chris Houston, Darelle Revis, and Leon Hall. I think I remember reading something about it but I'm not sure. Pretty sure we've met with at least one, if not all of them.

EDIT: We will be meeting with Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston, and Aaron Ross later this month.
        Last edited by gang_green03; 04-13-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone find it curious that we don't at least have our hats in the ring as it applies to Kris Jenkins. He is a beast when healthy and his injuries are from lack of a backup and playing too much with no relief. He has immense size at 6'3'' 335 (some say 350.) I think he'd be perfect for the NT position although I really believe that although he's not an elite NT that another year under the 3-4 system will show Robertson as better than many people think. He came on strong towards the end of last year and is still very young with a chance to flurrish under mangini. He's said to be a "Mangni guy" really hardworking and passionate about football (When Edwards was the coach and Henderson was our D-Coordinator Robertson and Ellis were said to be the leaders of the D and the only two who would "speak up to Donnie" I'll also reference you to when the Jets beat the Pats in NE this year and Mangini was walking off the field and he celebrated with D-Rob) they are obviously close not only because of that instance which even at face value is very telling but because he praised Robertson throughout the season in his press conferences for working through the adjustment to the 3-4 being willing to help in any way by playing DE and DT and practicing hard (he received practice player of the week 7 times during the season).

I think the position needs to be looked at but I really think it will be next year as there isn't much talent at the position in the draft, but also because I think Mangini wants D-Rob to turn into his Vince Wilfork. I like D-rob and hopefully he can work out.
          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Sorry for the 2 posts in a row but I think Picking up Stacy Andrews would be a good move by the Jets...As we have 2 2nd rounders I think he is better than any 2nd round right tackle prospect and he has some NFL experience and can play either guard or tackle (Tangni characteristic). He is a HUGE guy who's supposedly REALLY athletic for his size and would compliment Dbricks slighter frame very well. He's also young and could help add to the young line we have, making the transition for clemens easier and and having bookend tackles and a roadblock in Mangold for a long long time. If we did pick him up I think the draft might go something like this...

1)Aaron Ross CB: Looking back at his size and style of play I actually like him better for the Jets than Revis, McCauley or Houston (those expected to be there at 25).

2A)Lamar Woodley OLB: He's said to be a liability in coverage, however I don't think that's what a team will be drafting him for. We could use help with the pass rush and although he's a little short he gets after the QB.

2B)Trade for Stacy Andrews

3)Manuel Ramirez OG: He's a freak and although they list him at 325 or 330 he may be like 360. He's huge and a would be great to put next to DBrick who is now reportedly 295. The OL would be insane and young: DF (pass blocker), MR (run blocker/killer), NM( general beast and Wilfork killer), BM (weak point but improving), SA (LARGE; great for the strong side tackle and would help Moore and Dbrick being under 300: so would MR).

5)Jay Alford: DE A DT who is undersized for the position in the NFL but has good size with room to get bigger for fthe DE position in the 3-4 (6'3'' 285). He would bring in youth to a group that is very old and soon will be all over 30: Coleman:28, Von-O: 36, Ellis: 30, Wadsworth: 32, Hamilton: 36.

6)Nate Ilaoa: RB I know this seems like a random pick, however he could be to the Jets what Brandon Jacobs was/ is to the Giants with Tiki. He is a powerful runner who isn't going to run away from anyone, but he would give us a power option that we just don't have. He could also play fullback and is said to be a good blocker and reciever out of the backfield (ESPN compares him to Michael Turner. I find it hard to project 6th rounders but I think this is a possibility (along with Paul Soilai: DT, Jacoby Jones: WR, Brandon Mitchell:S, Darren Stone: S/CB, Antonio Johnson: DE)
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              Sorry for the 2 posts in a row but I think Picking up Stacy Andrews would be a good move by the Jets...

Someone on the Bengals board said the Jets are trying to swing him in trade for less, but the Bengals are saying no, and it's been speculated that the Bengals might even match our contract offer for him if it's low enough, rather than a 2nd rounder.

I personally think it'd be a good move. At least answer the question at RT going into the draft, so we can concentrate on other positions like CB, DE, OLB, and TE. If we snap up Andrews, I'd like to see a corner (Houston, Revis, or Ross) in the first, and the best 3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE still on the board in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                Sorry for the 2 posts in a row but I think Picking up Stacy Andrews would be a good move by the Jets...As we have 2 2nd rounders I think he is better than any 2nd round right tackle prospect and he has some NFL experience and can play either guard or tackle (Tangni characteristic). He is a HUGE guy who's supposedly REALLY athletic for his size and would compliment Dbricks slighter frame very well. He's also young and could help add to the young line we have, making the transition for clemens easier and and having bookend tackles and a roadblock in Mangold for a long long time. If we did pick him up I think the draft might go something like this...

1)Aaron Ross CB: Looking back at his size and style of play I actually like him better for the Jets than Revis, McCauley or Houston (those expected to be there at 25).

2A)Lamar Woodley OLB: He's said to be a liability in coverage, however I don't think that's what a team will be drafting him for. We could use help with the pass rush and although he's a little short he gets after the QB.

2B)Trade for Stacy Andrews

3)Manuel Ramirez OG: He's a freak and although they list him at 325 or 330 he may be like 360. He's huge and a would be great to put next to DBrick who is now reportedly 295. The OL would be insane and young: DF (pass blocker), MR (run blocker/killer), NM( general beast and Wilfork killer), BM (weak point but improving), SA (LARGE; great for the strong side tackle and would help Moore and Dbrick being under 300: so would MR).

5)Jay Alford: DE A DT who is undersized for the position in the NFL but has good size with room to get bigger for fthe DE position in the 3-4 (6'3'' 285). He would bring in youth to a group that is very old and soon will be all over 30: Coleman:28, Von-O: 36, Ellis: 30, Wadsworth: 32, Hamilton: 36.

6)Nate Ilaoa: RB I know this seems like a random pick, however he could be to the Jets what Brandon Jacobs was/ is to the Giants with Tiki. He is a powerful runner who isn't going to run away from anyone, but he would give us a power option that we just don't have. He could also play fullback and is said to be a good blocker and reciever out of the backfield (ESPN compares him to Michael Turner. I find it hard to project 6th rounders but I think this is a possibility (along with Paul Soilai: DT, Jacoby Jones: WR, Brandon Mitchell:S, Darren Stone: S/CB, Antonio Johnson: DE)
                That draft looks good to me with the exception of Ross and Ilaoa.

I don't see the point in taking another RB right now when we have Jones and Washington. Especially, simply a bruiser cause we already have that in Houston who should be a solid #3 back.

As for Ross, I disagree with your opinion. I'd take Revis over Ross without hesitation. He's much more fluid and is the better cover corner. Ross is best suited for a cover 2 scheme that can utilize his strengths.

Comment

• have we met with Greg Olsen?

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• I believe we have some interest in Josh Wilson as well FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                      Any of you New Yorkers going to the draft?
                      Yeah, I went last year and plan on going again this year.

Comment

• Anybody have players in particular they'd like to target in this year's draft? Off the top of my head guys like James Marten, Manny Ramirez, Chris Houston, Darrelle Revis, Eric Wright, Justin Harrell, Anthony Spencer, Bryan Robison, and Zak DeOssie come to mind. Anyone come to mind for you guys?

Comment

• For the most part, offensive linemen day one. I'd like to see the Jets draft a run blocking guard and a future starting RT. So I'd say Manny Ramirez, Ben Grubbs or Josh Beekman. And Doug Free or James Martin.

But unlike last year, I don't think the Jets need to draft a half dozen offensive linemen(Btw, I still think they should have), merely one or two to upgrade the run blocking and replace aging starters. With the remaining day 1 picks, I can't say that I care. There are a lot of directions the Jets can go.

I'd also like to see the Jets take day 2 fliers on Jacob Ford, Michael Bush or Tony Hunt.

Comment

• yaa im gonna say it and i know its not pertinent to new news or anything but, does anyone else get annoyed when they see threads dedicated to people begging scott not to give them a a reciever or a qb in round one or somethin. i realize its always nice to see the players you want on his draft board, but its not 100% whats gonna happen. i mean i saw one guy who seemed ready to give up his months pay check and first born so that scott wouldnt give him a DE on opening day ok im done my apologies for the rant

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• We've had Reggie Nelson, S and Greg Olsen, TE in for visits over the past 2 days just so everyone is aware.

Comment

• Who do you want the Jets to use their first round pick on? What position and what player realistically?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information