Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Spencer to be our rush OLB would be a very good pick IMO.

Also, Houston is a slight possiblity to fall to us and if he's there I think he's the pick since we need a legit #1 CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      Who do you want the Jets to use their first round pick on? What position and what player realistically?
      1. Leon Hall
      2. Chris Houston
      3. Darrelle Revis
      4. Aaron Ross
      5. Tony Ugoh
      6. Ben Grubbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
        1. Leon Hall
        2. Chris Houston
        3. Darrelle Revis
        4. Aaron Ross
        5. Tony Ugoh
        6. Ben Grubbs

i'd be a bit surprised if Leon fell to the Jets. As for Ugoh, where would he fit? i'd be concerned if he was the future RT.

Comment

• I just took a look at Robinson's seven round mock draft and it left me wondering one thing about the Jets. Why do people think the Jets have absolutely no need along the offensive line? I look at the Jets roster and the two oldest starters I see are Anthony Clement and Pete Kendall. There is some debate as to what the Jets top need is. I think it is nose tackle, followed closely by run blocking help at OG and RT. Now whether you agree with me or not, I don't think there can be any question that offensive guard and right tackle are a heck of a lot closer to the top of the list of Jets needs than the bottom. I have a lot of difficulty seeing the Jets go through the entire draft without drafting either one or the other of those.

Comment

• I completely agree in that I dont think they can go through draft day without addressing OG or OT (maybe both considering the players available) The draft as Tannenbaum said in his press conference the other day has become a need based draft (as opposed to simply BPA). What I think he was implying is that they tried to address all the needs of the team in FA in order to move away from that style of drafting (with the noticebale and glaring exception of CB). I think as the draft board falls we'll see OTs, OGs AND WRs are going to fall to us and while they're not our top priority Tannenbaum has filled a lot of needs via FA will try and fill those minor or future needs which may not be glaring now but will become huge in the near future.
            1- CB
            2a- OLB
            2B- WR
            3- OT
            5- OG
            6- BPA/ PR / Other Special Teamer
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              i'd be a bit surprised if Leon fell to the Jets. As for Ugoh, where would he fit? i'd be concerned if he was the future RT.
              Why, he's a tough tackle with run blocking skills, what we need on our right side.

I'd be surprised if Leon fell to us as well, but crazier things have happened, especially with some people saying both Houston and Revis are higher on some boards than Hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                Who do you want the Jets to use their first round pick on? What position and what player realistically?
                Cb Revis
                or ross

Comment

• I haven't heard much from anybody about Chris Houston. I know who he is and I have my own opinion about him, but I see a lot of people (myself included sometimes) mentioning Revis or Ross. What are everyone's thoughts. Personally I like him and since the big knock on him is size (which I don't see since he's 5'11'' 190 which is bigger than Ross not in height but body mass) he has a really strong upper body couple with the fact that he SHUT DOWN every 1st round corner he faced (Calvin Johnson, Robert Meachem, someone I'm forgetting but look it up it was allover espn). You can tell I like him give me your pros and cons on him.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• I haven't many opinions about Chris Houston. I know who he is and I have my own opinion about him, but I see a lot of people (myself included sometimes) mentioning Revis or Ross. What are everyone's thoughts. Personally I like him and since the big knock on him is size (which I don't see since he's 5'11'' 190 which is bigger than Ross not in height but body mass) he has a really strong upper body couple with the fact that he SHUT DOWN every 1st round WR he faced (Calvin Johnson, Robert Meachem, someone I'm forgetting but look it up it was allover espn). You can tell I like him... give me your pros and cons.

Comment

• I like Houston as well. I think some of the concern with him is (I could be wrong) but Ahmad Carroll went to the Packers in the late first a few years back, went to the same school and was a similar player, speedster with good upper body strength, and has done nothing. That said, I think comparing the two is like comparing Big Mike Williams and DJ, two different guys. Houston produced more, and seems like he has a real shutdown corner attitude. I like him. He isn't as big as you said though, I believe at the combine he was measured at just under 5'10 and around 185.

Comment

• Just checked on the NFLDC front page. He's 5'9 and 7/8, 185. Again I like his upper body strength, speed, and attitude. He's a little short but I'm not sure how much he'll be affected by it and I don't really mind, I still like him a lot as a player and I'd be very, very happy if he was our first rounder. Oh, and the other guy you were thinking about is Dwayne Bowe. Scott still has us passing on him in the first which would surprise and disappoint me, especially if we took Olsen over him. Mock hasn't changed at all, I wish it had a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Just checked on the NFLDC front page. He's 5'9 and 7/8, 185. Again I like his upper body strength, speed, and attitude. He's a little short but I'm not sure how much he'll be affected by it and I don't really mind, I still like him a lot as a player and I'd be very, very happy if he was our first rounder. Oh, and the other guy you were thinking about is Dwayne Bowe. Scott still has us passing on him in the first which would surprise and disappoint me, especially if we took Olsen over him. Mock hasn't changed at all, I wish it had a bit.
                          Houston's more of a need, but I definately think Olsen is the better prospect. He reminds me a lot of Shockey in his pass catching and route running skills, and I really think he would help our passing/goal line game a ton, so it would make it worth it for me to take Olsen over Houston even though hes not as big of a need.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal View Post
                            Houston's more of a need, but I definately think Olsen is the better prospect. He reminds me a lot of Shockey in his pass catching and route running skills, and I really think he would help our passing/goal line game a ton, so it would make it worth it for me to take Olsen over Houston even though hes not as big of a need.

Shockey was the man in college, Olsen was an underachiever who has never lived up to his abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                              Shockey was the man in college, Olsen was an underachiever who has never lived up to his abilities.

Exactly, at least at a very basic level Houston and Olsen both have fantastic physical ability for their position but Olsen didn't have great college production, whereas Houston shut down some of the top WR's in this draft. One can argue that the QB's at Miami were not that great, but I still think that Olsen is a bit of a riskier pick and Houston would be a very solid pick for us. I just see less bust factor with him than I do Olsen, not saying I think Olsen will bust and Houston won't but Olsen seems a bit riskier to me and I just have a lot of questions about him. It comes down to personal preference between players, but I just like Houston more.

Comment

• He isn't as big as you said though, I believe at the combine he was measured at just under 5'10 and around 185.
                                The NLFDC frontpage is wrong...The official combine website from the NFL and NFL Draft Tracker on NFL.com has him listed at 5'11'' and I've seen weights from 185-192 but whatever hes a blazing fast CB. I like Ross and I doubt Revis will be there but I think the Jets will go after the speed Houston has and base the pick on production which he has (ie shutting down good WRs). I also think drafting Houston is smarter because Ross is 24 and will be 25 (5 years before 30?) I think because of a mixup in highschool and he stayed back whereas Houston is coming out as a Junior and is 22 and will be 23 it just leaves room for long term production.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information