Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want Houston as the pick, he reminds me a lot of Fabian Washington who is turrning into a real good young corner. You can't teach speed and not only is Houston fast but he is a good corner and shut down some of the best recivers in the draft. I just hope that he's there when we pick.
    myspace.com/infantreemusic

Comment

• Originally posted by getwellchad View Post
      I really want Houston as the pick, he reminds me a lot of Fabian Washington who is turrning into a real good young corner. You can't teach speed and not only is Houston fast but he is a good corner and shut down some of the best recivers in the draft. I just hope that he's there when we pick.

He is the slowest of the top 7 CB prospects. He's still quick, but you can't teach speed to the top 7, cause they already have it.

Comment

• BTW, just so everyone here knows, Kiper said on 1st and 15 that he couldn't get a straight answer out of Tannenbaum, but that he got the impression the Jets would like to trade out of the 1st round.

Comment

• 1st of all Houston is the FASTEST CB out of the top 7 CBs. MOREOVER, he's the fastest of any DB in the draft

Here are the best times for the top 10 CBs (IMO) inthe draft
          1. Chris Houston 4.32
          2. Jonathan Wade 4.36
          2. Eric Wright 4.36
          4. Leon Hall 4.39
          4. Marcus McCauley 4.39
          5. Darrelle Revis 4.40
          6. Aaron Ross 4.44
          7. Fred Bennett 4.46
          8. Tanard Jackson 4.52
          9. Daymeion Hughes 4.65
          (IF YOU WANT Josh "The Truth" Wilson ran a 4.39)

In regards to Tannenbaum and the Jets trading out of the 1st round: maybe they will maybe they wont' but if Mel Kiper knew anything about our front office he would know that we say nothing to the public especailly not on 1st and 15 about our draft picks or injuries or much else for that matter. go to newyorkjets.com and watch the 42 minute press conference on the draft and the plethora of other pressers on other topics and you'll see we don;t give away anything to the press. So I think if that's Kiper's only reasoning for us trading down and out of the 1st it's unfounded and frankly dumb (the guy is a great draft analyst and football translator from the college to pro level, but that's a dumb reason to think we're trading out of the 1st) I wouldn't mind doing it if we can get a top CB with one of the couple of extra 2nd rounders we'd get (early and mid) and get a Bunch of other young talent (and who knows maybe we can grab Houston with an early 2nd rounder: I doubt it but that has been a possibility that has appeared in a bunch of prominent mocks including Kiper, mcshay,and others). We'll see, I think if the board falls perfectly and we can trade our 1st rounder with the BUCS for their 2 2nds and both aaron ross and chris houston are there at 25 we could slide into the 2nd and perhaps get lucky and take one with the 35th pick the BUCS have in the 2nd as only one team NO between 25 and 25 has a REAL need of a corner.
          PHI: they're going S
          NO: Maybe but that still leaves one of the 2
          NE: LB/S
          BAL:OL
          SD:BA@WR
          CHI:OFFENSE
          IND: DL
          OAK: GREAT D OL HELP NEEDED
          DET: JUST LIKE WR THEY HAVE TOO MUCH INVESTED IN YOUNG PLAYERS AT THE POSITION.

Scotts Mock saying the Ravens will draft a CB with kalil ugoh and sears on the board is insane. I think if there is any validity to a Jets trade rumor out the 1st they would go this route in order to try and getmore picks and still get their guy. Like I said we'll see
          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
            1st of all Houston is the FASTEST CB out of the top 7 CBs. MOREOVER, he's the fastest of any DB in the draft

Here are the best times for the top 10 CBs (IMO) inthe draft
            1. Chris Houston 4.32
            2. Jonathan Wade 4.36
            2. Eric Wright 4.36
            4. Leon Hall 4.39
            4. Marcus McCauley 4.39
            5. Darrelle Revis 4.40
            6. Aaron Ross 4.44
            7. Fred Bennett 4.46
            8. Tanard Jackson 4.52
            9. Daymeion Hughes 4.65
            You're right, my bad, I misread Aaron Ross's time as Houston's on the page.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              In regards to Tannenbaum and the Jets trading out of the 1st round: maybe they will maybe they wont' but if Mel Kiper knew anything about our front office he would know that we say nothing to the public especailly not on 1st and 15 about our draft picks or injuries or much else for that matter. go to newyorkjets.com and watch the 42 minute press conference on the draft and the plethora of other pressers on other topics and you'll see we don;t give away anything to the press. So I think if that's Kiper's only reasoning for us trading down and out of the 1st it's unfounded and frankly dumb (the guy is a great draft analyst and football translator from the college to pro level, but that's a dumb reason to think we're trading out of the 1st) I wouldn't mind doing it if we can get a top CB with one of the couple of extra 2nd rounders we'd get (early and mid) and get a Bunch of other young talent (and who knows maybe we can grab Houston with an early 2nd rounder: I doubt it but that has been a possibility that has appeared in a bunch of prominent mocks including Kiper, mcshay,and others). We'll see, I think if the board falls perfectly and we can trade our 1st rounder with the BUCS for their 2 2nds and both aaron ross and chris houston are there at 25 we could slide into the 2nd and perhaps get lucky and take one with the 35th pick the BUCS have in the 2nd as only one team NO between 25 and 25 has a REAL need of a corner.
              PHI: they're going S
              NO: Maybe but that still leaves one of the 2
              NE: LB/S
              BAL:OL
              SD:BA@WR
              CHI:OFFENSE
              IND: DL
              OAK: GREAT D OL HELP NEEDED
              DET: JUST LIKE WR THEY HAVE TOO MUCH INVESTED IN YOUNG PLAYERS AT THE POSITION.

Scotts Mock saying the Ravens will draft a CB with kalil ugoh and sears on the board is insane. I think if there is any validity to a Jets trade rumor out the 1st they would go this route in order to try and getmore picks and still get their guy. Like I said we'll see

It's not a "trade rumor," it's what Kiper's impression was from talking with Tannenbaum. That's it.

And Marcus McCauley would be a fine pick in the 2nd. We don't need Christ Houston especially.

Comment

• I get the impression we have no problems with going BPA in the first, which I'm completely cool with. Otherwise I think we trade out of the first. Best case scenario is a guy at a need position who fits our scheme is the best player available or one of the best available, but I think Tangini would have no problem with just going for the best guy on the board. And I'm almost positive I saw on NFL Network at the combine that Houston checked in slightly under 5'10, not saying it matters but I doubt he's 5'11. Plus that measurement doesn't sound very specific to me, sounds like it was an estimate because odds that he's 5'11 on the dot aren't so good. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just taken from his college bio, which says he's 5'11 188.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                  I get the impression we have no problems with going BPA in the first, which I'm completely cool with. Otherwise I think we trade out of the first. Best case scenario is a guy at a need position who fits our scheme is the best player available or one of the best available, but I think Tangini would have no problem with just going for the best guy on the board. And I'm almost positive I saw on NFL Network at the combine that Houston checked in slightly under 5'10, not saying it matters but I doubt he's 5'11. Plus that measurement doesn't sound very specific to me, sounds like it was an estimate because odds that he's 5'11 on the dot aren't so good. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just taken from his college bio, which says he's 5'11 188.
                  BPA, but if we're not sold on any of the remaining prospects of being of value, trade down?

Oh, and Houston's combine stats. (I love being able to look these things up)

Height: 5097
                  Weight: 185
                  40 Yrd Dash: 4.32
                  20 Yrd Dash: 2.52
                  10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
                  Wonderlic:
                  225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
                  Vertical Jump: 36
                  Broad Jump: 10'2"
                  20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.12
                  3-Cone Drill: 6.94

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                    BPA, but if we're not sold on any of the remaining prospects of being of value, trade down?

Oh, and Houston's combine stats. (I love being able to look these things up)

Height: 5097
                    Weight: 185
                    40 Yrd Dash: 4.32
                    20 Yrd Dash: 2.52
                    10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
                    Wonderlic:
                    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
                    Vertical Jump: 36
                    Broad Jump: 10'2"
                    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.12
                    3-Cone Drill: 6.94
                    Thanks for posting the combine stats, I knew the NFL.com numbers were off and he was just under 5'10. And I think we go BPA unless we're not sold on anyone on the board, in which case we trade down. But unless there's a great prospect that's a great fit for us at 25, if the right deal comes along I don't see why we wouldn't trade the pick. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a guy we liked at a position that isn't an immediate need at 25 and snapped him up. For example (not saying I want this to happen I just wouldn't be shocked) if there is no better corner, rush LB, OL or DL on the board and we like Bowe's toughness and attitude and believe he or Cotchery can become a #1 later on (a few ifs I know) I wouldn't be shocked if we take him at 25. Just a random pick like that out of the blue, where we think the value is too good to pass a guy up or we love him as a player, even if the position isn't a huge need. But yeah, if we're not sold on anyone or even if we don't love anyone and the right deal comes along trading down is definitely a possibility. There aren't many positions I'd be surpised if we used our first rounder on- those that would surprise me are C, LT, RB and QB (and based on value obviously K, P, RS, FB, and positions like NT where no fits for the scheme is a good value, or S where the only guy who could slip to us (Nelson) isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and we go for smarter players). Guard is a possibility as is RT, TE if Olsen falls to 25, RT, WR if we can get Meachem or Bowe, DE I could see guys like Harrell, rush LB somebody like Spencer, ILB a guy like Pos maybe although I doubt it, and CB there's obviously a bunch of guys.

Comment

• How would you guys feel about Victor Abiamiri in the 2nd (either pick) as an OLB?

Comment

There aren't many positions I'd be surpised if we used our first rounder on- those that would surprise me are C, LT, RB and QB (and based on value obviously K, P, RS, FB, and positions like NT where no fits for the scheme is a good value, or S where the only guy who could slip to us (Nelson) isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and we go for smarter players). Guard is a possibility as is RT, TE if Olsen falls to 25, RT, WR if we can get Meachem or Bowe, DE I could see guys like Harrell, rush LB somebody like Spencer, ILB a guy like Pos maybe although I doubt it, and CB there's obviously a bunch of guys.
                        Brandon Meriweather is the only player to have visited us twice that I know of, and he's a safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                          Brandon Meriweather is the only player to have visited us twice that I know of, and he's a safety.
                          Ah I forgot about Meriweather. Not sure where he'll go as talent dictates one area in the draft but character could drop him.

I really haven't seen Abiamiri in LB drills but I guess its a possiblity.

Comment

• I think they will go BPA. They don't want to reach for needs so Im guessing if the value is right a CB other wise give us OL or another weapon on Offense.

Comment

Ah I forgot about Meriweather. Not sure where he'll go as talent dictates one area in the draft but character could drop him.

I really haven't seen Abiamiri in LB drills but I guess its a possiblity.

What character concerns? One on field fight. That's all I know about.

Comment

• "Was caught on tape stomping and kicking a player who was on the ground during the infamous Miami / Florida International brawl...He returned fire at an assailant who shot his roommate in the offseason" I'd say he has some character concerns and while you might not think thats bad...Tangini probably would.
                                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information