Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
    What character concerns? One on field fight. That's all I know about.
    There's the whole gun thing from this summer which is a concern and with the new league policy everthing will be overanalyzed this year.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
      "Was caught on tape stomping and kicking a player who was on the ground during the infamous Miami / Florida International brawl...He returned fire at an assailant who shot his roommate in the offseason" I'd say he has some character concerns and while you might not think thats bad...Tangini probably would.

      He was cleared of any wrong doing as he had a permit for the gun and the shots were fired in self defense. Was he supposed to let him and his friend get shot at and do nothing. If I'm out with a friend and we get shot at, and I have the means to do so, you bet I'm preventing my friend from being shot.


      Comment


      • You're right it's not a big deal and everything is getting blown out of proportion, but I really think that this year especially with the new conduct policy everything is going over the microscope and getting overanalyzed, and that could hurt Merriweather. Plus we more or less took squeaky clean guys last year, so unless that style of drafting changes for us although the pick is by no means impossible or unlikely I don't think it's the most likely scenario for us.

        Comment


        • Hey guys...

          I was just told by a pretty reliable source that a trade between the Jets and Giants is very possible that will include Eric Barton.

          Any thoughts?
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • I love these trade rumors a few days before the draft...the possibility of this one is a little better bc it(wasn't just made up and...) was actually substantiated by the sporting news when they said if Darelle Revis falls to # 20 in the draft the Jets would trade Justin McCareins and Eric Barton to the Giants in an exchange of picks.
            Jets=20
            Giants=25
            I don't know if I'm too keen on giving up that much (two guys who played pretty well last season) for a guy who's never proven anything. I like Revis, but still.
            If we were to make this deal I would hope we could get a third or fourth rounder out of the Jints in addition to trading up, but I dunno if they would do it.
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

            Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

            http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


            http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              I love these trade rumors a few days before the draft...the possibility of this one is a little better bc it(wasn't just made up and...) was actually substantiated by the sporting news when they said if Darelle Revis falls to # 20 in the draft the Jets would trade Justin McCareins and Eric Barton to the Giants in an exchange of picks.
              Jets=20
              Giants=25
              I don't know if I'm too keen on giving up that much (two guys who played pretty well last season) for a guy who's never proven anything. I like Revis, but still.
              If we were to make this deal I would hope we could get a third or fourth rounder out of the Jints in addition to trading up, but I dunno if they would do it.
              I would actually love that, I (like many others here) do not like McCareins and think we could find a replacement for Barton. Trading him would allow us to move Hobson inside, where many feel he is better suited. And then we could draft a pass rusher for the outside maybe in the second or a late round situational outside pass rusher, ala Mark Anderson. And we'd have a potential shutdown corner and great talent (who I have always been high on) in Revis. I think it would be a very good trade for us.

              DChess...youre the man!

              Comment


              • I highly doubt Revis is there at 20 anyway, but I think this deal would make a little more sense if we went for an OLB, maybe a guy like Anthony Spencer. As said above, a huge upside to this deal is the ability to move Hobson inside where he is a better fit, and then get an OLB who can rush the passer, take some pressure off the secondary, and even out the protection of teams in case they slide it over to Thomas' side. That is unless we expect Bowens to fit in the OLB spot, in which case the corner does make sense, especially if we want Barton off the time (I know we want JMac gone).

                Comment


                • I was thinking about this scenario. Lets say we trade for a second round pick or a 3rd or some pick between the first and the 5th. A team like Kansas City, St. Louis, Giants, etc. We would trade Justin McCaerins, Eric Barton, and Dewayne. Now I may get a lot of question marks but it makes sense. Dewayne doesn't fit the system and even though there isn't a NT in the draft we can get decent value for him. Barton is a solid LB that teams could use to help their defense. And well, i have nothing to say about McCaerins becuase he is really just terrible hated him form day one. But anyway I would like to have a draft possibly like this:

                  1. Aaron Ross- We get our Punt Returner and nothing against Leon but it saves his energy and give him durability. Also, I would consider Revis if he is there consdering he fits the system better and would definately take Olsen to create major match up problems. But, Im an Aaron Ross fan and he is the guy I would liek at CB.

                  2a. Ben Patrick- I know. A little odd. I hear that we have been looking at him and can be the Alge Crumpler for us. A Tangini guy who has great attitude and is smart. Went to Duke for 3 years. Transfered becasuse he wanted to be closer to home, but still he went to Duke must have some brains. Wouldn't mind him becuase he would open the game.

                  2b. LeMarr Woodley- Like Scott said, Tangini is going to try and mold him into his McGinest. He is the OLB that I want and will get the job done. I think he is a stud and its a worker.

                  2c. Ikaka Alama-Francis- A guy who can be the DE for us and can get the job done. An athletic beast considering he played basketball. Honestly, I think he would fit the system really welll.

                  3. Zak DeOssie- A bit of a reach but him and Vilma can do a lot of damage. He is a real solid 3-4 ILB. I think he is the guy we are goign to look at and possibly draft. Look at Manuel Ramirez here also.


                  Via BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                    I was thinking about this scenario. Lets say we trade for a second round pick or a 3rd or some pick between the first and the 5th. A team like Kansas City, St. Louis, Giants, etc. We would trade Justin McCaerins, Eric Barton, and Dewayne. Now I may get a lot of question marks but it makes sense. Dewayne doesn't fit the system and even though there isn't a NT in the draft we can get decent value for him. Barton is a solid LB that teams could use to help their defense. And well, i have nothing to say about McCaerins becuase he is really just terrible hated him form day one. But anyway I would like to have a draft possibly like this:

                    1. Aaron Ross- We get our Punt Returner and nothing against Leon but it saves his energy and give him durability. Also, I would consider Revis if he is there consdering he fits the system better and would definately take Olsen to create major match up problems. But, Im an Aaron Ross fan and he is the guy I would liek at CB.

                    2a. Ben Patrick- I know. A little odd. I hear that we have been looking at him and can be the Alge Crumpler for us. A Tangini guy who has great attitude and is smart. Went to Duke for 3 years. Transfered becasuse he wanted to be closer to home, but still he went to Duke must have some brains. Wouldn't mind him becuase he would open the game.

                    2b. LeMarr Woodley- Like Scott said, Tangini is going to try and mold him into his McGinest. He is the OLB that I want and will get the job done. I think he is a stud and its a worker.

                    2c. Ikaka Alama-Francis- A guy who can be the DE for us and can get the job done. An athletic beast considering he played basketball. Honestly, I think he would fit the system really welll.

                    3. Zak DeOssie- A bit of a reach but him and Vilma can do a lot of damage. He is a real solid 3-4 ILB. I think he is the guy we are goign to look at and possibly draft. Look at Manuel Ramirez here also.


                    a solid draft, but isn't the point of trading barton to be able to play hobson inside with vilma? cause if not then i think we just have far too many linebackers, in which case i think your second point of manny ramirez a great idea...but who knows bro, i guess we'll all find out in 2 days. tommorrow is even better than christmas eve

                    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                    Comment


                    • The problem with trading Barton McCareins and Dewayne is that then we have no one at all to play DT. I wanna give Dewayne one more year a NT (he might not be ELITE but I'll almost guarantee he'll be much improved) and at most in this draft perhaps with our 6th or 7th rounder take the 6'4'' 370 pound DT who runs a 5.2. If we trade 3 player they probably should be Barret ABarton and McCareins. I hope if we unload both Barton and McCareins to the Giants and get up to 20 we're there for Revis, Hall, Beason, Puz, Carriker, or perhaps if we go BPA approach and GB passes on Marshawn we could take Lynch (Ive always been a fan) and still address: OLB with Lamar Woodley / Quincy Black / Zak Deossie a CB with John Wilson / Jonathan Wade / Fred Bennet OG with Manny Ramirez OT Doug Free / Chase Johnson / Julius Wilson.

                      There are a lot of possibilities but in the RARE RARE RARE RARE RARE case that this happens I'd like...
                      1) Lynch-RB
                      2a) Woodley-LB
                      2b) Ramirez - OG
                      3) Wilson -CB
                      5) Wilson -OT
                      6) Figurs -WR / Thomas-DT
                      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                      Comment


                      • I agree that we need to give Robertson one more year at NT. If for no other reason that we aren't going to find anyone better than him in the draft or FA right now. He improved at the end of last year, and he's young and talented. He might be able to finish the tranisition in style. And if not, like I said, we aren't going to find anyone better for this upcoming season.


                        Comment


                        • I'M SO PSYCHED FOR THE DRAFT!!!!! And what makes it more awesome, is the fact that noone knows what we're doing, I doubt Tangini even knows yet!!!!
                          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                          Jets will not take McFadden...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                            The problem with trading Barton McCareins and Dewayne is that then we have no one at all to play DT. I wanna give Dewayne one more year a NT (he might not be ELITE but I'll almost guarantee he'll be much improved) and at most in this draft perhaps with our 6th or 7th rounder take the 6'4'' 370 pound DT who runs a 5.2. If we trade 3 player they probably should be Barret ABarton and McCareins. I hope if we unload both Barton and McCareins to the Giants and get up to 20 we're there for Revis, Hall, Beason, Puz, Carriker, or perhaps if we go BPA approach and GB passes on Marshawn we could take Lynch (Ive always been a fan) and still address: OLB with Lamar Woodley / Quincy Black / Zak Deossie a CB with John Wilson / Jonathan Wade / Fred Bennet OG with Manny Ramirez OT Doug Free / Chase Johnson / Julius Wilson.

                            There are a lot of possibilities but in the RARE RARE RARE RARE RARE case that this happens I'd like...
                            1) Lynch-RB
                            2a) Woodley-LB
                            2b) Ramirez - OG
                            3) Wilson -CB
                            5) Wilson -OT
                            6) Figurs -WR / Thomas-DT

                            Lynch is a horrible pick. We already have a great starter in Jones, and a great change of pace back in Washington... why the hell would we go RB? We'd be trying to get 3 running backs touches. Plus, we have so many holes, why would we address a strength? Horrible.

                            *I never even brought up Houston, who was looking good last year other than injuries. If we go RB in round 1, 2 or 3, I will be pissed the hell off.

                            Comment


                            • I've heard rumors that the team was seriously interested in Posluzny(sp?) and trading down to get him. Obviously not a confirmed theory, but worth mentioning.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post
                                I've heard rumors that the team was seriously interested in Posluzny(sp?) and trading down to get him. Obviously not a confirmed theory, but worth mentioning.
                                I think he's a great player and would like that a lot. But what did you mean by trading down? I don't think we could trade down much further and still get him, especially cuz if the Pats don't take him at 24 I think they'd be big contenders to take him at 28. 25 seems like a good value for Poz (if he's even still there) so I don't think trading down would be safe if he was the BPA, even if we got some more picks in the process.

                                DChess...youre the man!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information