This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal View Post
    Nice post, I've always loved Spencer but you made some very good points that I did not realize. And for the record, I would take Woodley over Abiamiri as our 3-4 OLB, what about you?
    I don't like Michigan guys, since my brother is a Michigan fan, but he's alright. He's not as quick as Abiamiri, nor is he as tall (6'2" isn't short, but the extra 2 inches help). But he's a lot more compact with a more muscular body. He probably has more ability to develope into the stronger OLB, but I think Abiamiri could play sooner. But maybe I'm just too bias agains Michigan guys, lol.

Comment

• my final prediction....it's gonna be Chris Houston i think!

^^Sig From Nvot9
      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
        My issue with Spencer is his style. I think he'll be a great 4-3 DE. But as an OLB he has to rush to the line, lock on, put on some moves, then get into the backfield. It takes too long. Guys like Merriman have the power to get that running start and blow through OT's, guys like Abraham have the speed to make a footwork move and go around.

Honestly the idea I'm in love with is a 2nd round pick on Abiamiri as our OLB. He's quicker and has a stronger lower body than Spencer. He may not have the upper body strength, but he's got those thick legs that can drive him in between the OT and OG and through.
        Thanks, thats more along the lines of what I was looking for. I really just love the guy's motor and attitude, and think he'll be solid wherever he ends up. Abiamiri I definitely prefer to Woodley, and if we target him in the second we could go a bunch of different ways in the first, I'd be completely fine with that. Can't wait to see what happens today.

Comment

• Yea, I'd love to sweep up Spencer, he'd be great. As for the trade with Detroit...stupid. Why trade Vilma? He led the league in tackles two years ago and dominated as a rookie. No **** he didn't do great last year, his first year EVER playing in the 3-4 as an ILB below 240 lbs, obviously he won't succeed right away, but comeon, he's a smart dude, extremely athletic, and it's not like he sucked, just not up to his par. Vilma will be a stud again, give him time to get used to the system again before judging his future and throwing out trade rumors. And who would we want at 2, Gaines Adams?
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Also, I used to hate the idea of getting Olsen, but all I've been hearing his how big of a playmaker he can be and how much potential he has, and I just saw him as Mel Kippers 11th best prospect this year...wow, should I be focusing my attention to wishing we get him now or?

Comment

• Who thinks we should try to go after Quinn at this point? I know QB isnt exactly a need but what value?

Comment

• Yea, I was just going to bring up the same topic. I wouldn't trade up for him at all, but if Brady Quinn, a so called "perfect prospect" who we've had our eye on since last year, falls to us at 25, do we pick him? I dnno, really tough call. It's obvious that Chad doesn't have a lot more left, but have we invested too much in Kellen Clemens by taking him 2nd round last year and what is to be expected of him? If there's not plans for him as our future, I say grab Quinn, but if we think Clemens can be our guy at QB, lets take a CB or Anthony Spencer etc.

Comment

• If Quinn falls to 25, depending on who else is there, you have to consider it. It all depends on how the Jets feel Kellen developed over the past year. If they were at all disappointed, and they like Quinn a lot, then take him. Clemens was only a late 2nd rounder, so we didn't invest a ton in him. However, if the CS still feels Clemens is going to be very good, then go Olsen/Revis/Houston/Ross/Blalock/Spencer.

Comment

• I would trade up into the 18-20 range but not much higher unless the package is right.

Comment

• Sorry bout the double post

Comment

• Na, no way would I trade up to get someone whose not our main need, even if it was Calvin Johnson who slipped I wouldn't trade up for him, but if Quinn slipped to 25, I'd be pretty hard pressed not to take him if I'm Tangini. Again though, it all depends on how much we've invested on Kellen Clemens.

Comment

• If Quinn falls to 20, we have to get him. At the beginning of last year when we thought we would do horrible, we were willing to trade up to 1 for him. Penny is good, but he has no arm. Clemens is so overrated, and I just don't see him developing into a top 15 QB.

PLUS Brady would have the whole vendetta against the Dolphins, making him want to perform that much better.

Comment

• We just traded up to 14, we go cb or quinn?

Comment

• 1/2/5 for 1/6....

Comment

• Not really that bad of a trade honestly. Lets see who we take.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information