This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal View Post
    Crap...the Pats got Randy Moss. What do you think about this, if he's motivated with Brady as his QB then thats a pretty big deal.

Also, Robison got taken which stinks. But I pray that we trade Barton or McCareins for a 4th because even though I like our draft so far, I still think we need more picks and could find some very good values in the 4th (such as Beekman and others stated above.)
    Moss ran a 4.29 40 for them. I'm afraid...

As for McCareins...
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/1260

GET BEEKMAN DAMNIT!

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
      Moss ran a 4.29 40 for them. I'm afraid...

As for McCareins...
      http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/1260

GET BEEKMAN DAMNIT!
      Thanks for the link, that would make me very happy!

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• That would be sick, you've seen what we can do in the fourth round...

As for the Moss trade, well I'll post what I posted in the NFL forum, in here...

Everyone's looking at this on the surface, yea Moss WAS a great player, but he's a 30 year old, show-offy, cry baby who has had the 3 worst years of his life in the last three years, last year being his worst in which he racked up just 3 TD's in 13 games. Belichek runs a straight laced, no-nonsense, my way or the high way team, and with Brady and up and comer Maroney stealing the spot light, where does Moss's ego fit in? Granted, they gave nothing up to get him, but you have to figure, he's obviously not the same Moss as he used to be if all it takes is a fricken 4th rounder to get him. I'm saying this right now, Moss is at the downfall of his career and will be nothing with the Pats. He'll get nor more than 600-700 receiving yards and maybe 5 TD's. Trust me when I say you're not getting the 23 year old future hall of famer, you are getting the 30 year old whose on the brink of getting suspended and fined more times than he has career TD's.

That's how I feel...
        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• I guarantee that as long as Moss plays 12 games, he will double the stats you posted.

Last year, Moss wasn't even trying, and even if he had tried, that offense was going nowhere. The previous two years HE WAS LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RECEIVING until he got injured. That's right... in Oakland he was leading the league in receiving until he went down.

The only part of his game that I could question was his speed after his injuries, and well, he answered that question. Everyone is going to be shocked when they see Moss come to play, and as a Jets fan... that makes me very sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
            I guarantee that as long as Moss plays 12 games, he will double the stats you posted.

Last year, Moss wasn't even trying, and even if he had tried, that offense was going nowhere. The previous two years HE WAS LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RECEIVING until he got injured. That's right... in Oakland he was leading the league in receiving until he went down.

The only part of his game that I could question was his speed after his injuries, and well, he answered that question. Everyone is going to be shocked when they see Moss come to play, and as a Jets fan... that makes me very sad.
            Unfortunately, I agree with you Frogstomp. I think if Randy is motivated (which he will be on the Patriots considering he was willing to restructure for them) then we may be in for some trouble. Randy is still an athletic freak and can be an amazing pickup. I hope NVot is right though, I'd wanna be wrong on this one.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Crap...the Pats got Randy Moss. What do you think about this, if he's motivated with Brady as his QB then thats a pretty big deal.
              The Patriots remind me of my franchise team in madden where i can virtually trade or sign for any player so I can have a beastly team.

Comment

• I've got to agree with frogstomp here, getting Moss is definitely a huge deal. Rumor is he just ran a sub 4.3, and if BB can get any motivation out of him he'll be nasty. Look at what Brady did with the receivers he had last year, and imagine what he could do with even a half motivated Moss...

I want to get that fourth rounder, don't know what we're doing here. Both Barton and McCareins are completely expendable, we need to get rid of them and draft somebody. We missed out on Beekman which pissed me off, but there are still linemen and LBs available that can help us, now or in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                  I've got to agree with frogstomp here, getting Moss is definitely a huge deal. Rumor is he just ran a sub 4.3, and if BB can get any motivation out of him he'll be nasty. Look at what Brady did with the receivers he had last year, and imagine what he could do with even a half motivated Moss...

I want to get that fourth rounder, don't know what we're doing here. Both Barton and McCareins are completely expendable, we need to get rid of them and draft somebody. We missed out on Beekman which pissed me off, but there are still linemen and LBs available that can help us, now or in the future.
                  I'm on the ESPN live draft tracker. The expert said "The Jets are shopping McCareins in order to get back up into the draft. But it is obvious no team is interested in him at this point." So that explains it, and is VERY aggravating. I'm very pissed we missed out on Robison (a while ago) and even moreso Beekman who lasted a WHILE. I think if we got up Ben Patrick would be a great value at this point, and there are still a lot more guys who could help us available.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    I don't possibly see how you couldn't have liked the draft we had, but it's your opinion so I'll respect that.
                    Good to hear. :)

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    Regardless of who you think is the better CB, Hall or Revis, they were both the two best of this years class at a close 1 and 2 and both will be difference makers. I think Revis is a much better CB because he rarely gets beat, where has Hall would have a really tough time guarding the deep ball. All we did, was gave up an EXTRA second rounder to make up the difference between Darrelle Revis, and then someone like Chris Houston or anyone else we might have taken had we stayed at 25. Great job in round 1 in my opinion.

Round two I loved as well. We got the guy that we and the Patriots were strongly considered taking in the first round, I saw a few mock drafts, and I think Kiper's being one of them, where Harris went top 15, so from a value standpoint it was a tremendous pick. As for as our needs I think it was as well. Our run defense was horrible last year, we had the 25th best team in run defense, and to bring in a guy like Harris, who's a run thumper and familiar with a lot of coaches and players and the system the Jets run, is already an advantage. Barton I BELIEVE is in the last year of his contract, and 30. He's slowing up and can be traded. Schlegal, despite barely playing, has been dubbed a dissapointment. Brad Kassel was brought in as a back-up, not expected to start. Victor Hobson plays OLB. So to use any of those guys as an excuse as to why we should not have drafted Harris, is kinda stupid in my opinion. And as I mentioned above, some good old competition never hurt anyone.
                    As far as the cornerback, as I said, I'll put my faith that the Jets know what they're doing there. Kinda sad that the Jets missed Alan Branch, who I saw as the only elite 3-4 NT prospect in this draft. The Jets had the 25th best team in run defense (as you said), and having a true nose tackle seemed to me the only way to drastically improve that. After all, the Jets already have Jonathan Vilma, (the still not traded) Eric Barton, Victor Hobson, Brad Kassell and Anthony Schliegal. I pretty good group IMO. Barton may be slowing down, but he's still a pretty good linebacker, Hobson plays outside, but he can be moved inside and might be better suited inside and Brad Kassell is a backup, but looking around the NFL, one of the better backup linebackers in the league. Certainly good enough to contribute on more than just special teams although clearly not good enough to be a full time starter.

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    As for not addressing the OL, I find that to be an incredibly bad argument. We just spent two first round picks last year on drafting the two best OL's in the draft and in the last 5 years. How can you possibly still think it to be a first or even second round need? I just find it ridiculous that you're upset we didn't and now can't address the OL situation.
                    How can I possibly still think it to be a first or even second round need? Very simple.

1. The Jets added the two best OL's in last year's draft. Saying in the past five years is going a bit far, but I digress. There are five people on an offensive line and the Jets drafted two. What about the other three?
                    2. The two oldest starters on the Jets starters are offensive linemen. Pete Kendall and Anthony Clement. Granted Clement is only 2 months older than Chad Pennington, but the Jets already drafted Pennington's replacement.
                    3. The Jets run blocking was horrible last year. Yeah, Leon Washington wasn't all world and to some extent confirmed my concern when he was drafted that he wasn't going to be more than a quality backup. But watching the Jets, it was clear to me it wasn't all on him. This is why I wanted the Jets to draft Manny Ramirez so badly. He's a mauler and could help in the run blocking department.

Comment

I'm on the ESPN live draft tracker. The expert said "The Jets are shopping McCareins in order to get back up into the draft. But it is obvious no team is interested in him at this point." So that explains it, and is VERY aggravating. I'm very pissed we missed out on Robison (a while ago) and even moreso Beekman who lasted a WHILE. I think if we got up Ben Patrick would be a great value at this point, and there are still a lot more guys who could help us available.
                      I was hoping we might have been able to pull off a deal with the Titans there, unfortunately no dice. I'd love to see Patrick or Shaw at some point soon. I also think we must be shopping Barton, because after the Harris pick he's expendable. Maybe we deal Barton to the Giants who need a LB, who knows. But we really should get back into the draft at some point. If you think about it though, with Moss and Jackson going for fourths, the idea of dealing McCareins for a fourth was pretty hopeful.

Comment

• My god McCareins is useless. Well, we honestly might as well keep him now, and try to get rid of him next year.

Comment

• anyone know about the olineman we just got? he a project or could he compete to start?

Comment

• Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
                            anyone know about the olineman we just got? he a project or could he compete to start?
                            Not much myself, so I looked around a little. Most of the seven round mocks Ive seen have him going around where the Jets took him. Kind of worried though. His prospect profile compared him to Jordan Black.... which is not a good thing.

Comment

• well they say he played pretty well at LT against adam carricker so thats pretty good news...i was surprised that we took him over ben patrick, however i have complete faith in our FO so we'll see. Here's to hoping Darelle revis shuts down moss

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Scott's report makes him seem like a long term project but one where the gamble could pay off. Says he has LT potential but obviously we wouldn't need him there. It could work out really nicely if he sits out this year and steps in next year for Clement. Who knows. I really wish we had a pick earlier than that, but we did about as well as we could have at the time. Anybody know what selection we have in the seventh?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information