Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    Scott's report makes him seem like a long term project but one where the gamble could pay off. Says he has LT potential but obviously we wouldn't need him there. It could work out really nicely if he sits out this year and steps in next year for Clement. Who knows. I really wish we had a pick earlier than that, but we did about as well as we could have at the time. Anybody know what selection we have in the seventh?
    The thing is, it was a 6th. If he works, bonus, if he doesn't... it was a 6th.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
      The thing is, it was a 6th. If he works, bonus, if he doesn't... it was a 6th.
      Exactly, thats how I look at it. As much as we had other needs, as long as the two guys we took prove that they're worth what we gave up for them and turn out to be really good players for us, the draft was more or less a success. If Bender or our seventh ends up being a success and making a significant contribution or starting for us, its gravy. Hopefully we take another guy like him in the seventh, a guy with potential to make an impact on our team. We've got plenty of solid guys on our team, a guy with potential to start would be nice. Although I would have absolutely no problem with a standout special teams guy, a gunner or something like that.

      Comment


      • I know bit about him. He was fairly dominant at the small collegiate level, but take that with a grain of salt because it was just that, the small collegiate level. He's a good player though, solid choice by the Jets. Probably the best option they had (other than a trade with McCareins). He's somewhat of a project but could definitely compete for a starting job early in the season. But he's very big, very strong, athletic, an overachiever, and is a very hard worker with a lot of potential. I really like the pick, at worst I see him being a solid back-up, which is more than you should expect from a 6th rounder, but expect good things from him.

        I am loving our draft thus far. Any player trades that could possibly go down with Barton and McCareins for another player rather than picks?
        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

        Jets will not take McFadden...

        Comment


        • Chansi Stuckey in the seventh. Not wild about the pick, but he can contribute in multiple ways which is nice. I still trust our front office completely, so I can't complain about it. Hopefully he improves, maybe he ends up being a solid slot guy for us.

          Comment


          • I like the Stuckey pick. I would've preferred a guard but he should turn into a nice slot receiver for us. He's got nice tools and from what I've read has a great work ethic.

            Comment


            • What UDFA's should we go after? I say Duckworth, the guard from Auburn, would be a good fit.

              Comment


              • Does anyone have any nice pics of Darrelle Revis. Preferably if possible, something of him holding the Jets uni or wearing it or something like that.
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                Jets will not take McFadden...

                Comment


                • I think that the O-lineman we got is going to be a 2 year guy. He isn't going to start this year I don't believe becuase we still have Clement who is solid. I like Chansi Stuckey because he is one of those guys that creates problems for trick plays and is a guy who as Scott said is a "jack of all trades". Overall, I think our first two picks were great. Darrelle Revis is going to be great for the team. He is going to be our Punt-Returner which basically gives us a discustingly good special teams. He does great man-to-man and I am very pleased we adressed our CB need with Darrelle. I think that David Harris is a first-round talent that we got for a great deal. I think he is an athlete and a worker. He is a great compliment to Vilma and allows us to possibly trade Barton. I think we did a good job of adressing 2 of our biggest needs.

                  The only thing im afraid about is Randy Moss. Yea I know that he has been bad altley, yea I knwo he is getting old, but you know what he chooses when to play. If you saw what Belichick did to Corey Dillon, I'd be afraid. He turned him into a guy that barely spoke and wasn't trouble for the pats. You look at the Patriots this yera nd they are the easy favorite to win the superbowl. Tom Brady has 4-guys to throw to, and their defense, well I think its enough said. Look I am not saying we are goign to put up a fight, but you can almost say that this team can go undefeated.

                  But its football, and well, anything happens.......


                  Via BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                    I think that the O-lineman we got is going to be a 2 year guy. He isn't going to start this year I don't believe becuase we still have Clement who is solid. I like Chansi Stuckey because he is one of those guys that creates problems for trick plays and is a guy who as Scott said is a "jack of all trades". Overall, I think our first two picks were great. Darrelle Revis is going to be great for the team. He is going to be our Punt-Returner which basically gives us a discustingly good special teams. He does great man-to-man and I am very pleased we adressed our CB need with Darrelle. I think that David Harris is a first-round talent that we got for a great deal. I think he is an athlete and a worker. He is a great compliment to Vilma and allows us to possibly trade Barton. I think we did a good job of adressing 2 of our biggest needs.

                    Clement is below average. But he's the best we are going to do.

                    The problem with being a jack of all trades is that you are the king of none. Plus I think we are set at backup WR's. I'd have liked us to have picked up a project guard to go with our project tackle.

                    Revis is the man. I love the pick and the trade up. Even though Mangini dodged the question as to Revis returning for us, he dodged in a way that said he's going to get a shot at returning, which is good. He'll probably start from day one, which is not ideal, but it'll work.

                    Harris.... well, I'd have rather had a starting quality O-linemen, but after that I love the LB position to be filled. He'll be a great starter next to Vilma, I agree, they match up well since they are both different but good in their own ways. It's a good pick, I just wanted to see the O-line addressed earlier and this pick prevented that.

                    Overall an A- is their grade when you include Thomas Jones, a B- without him.


                    Comment


                    • Hey just wanted to congratulate you guys on a fantastic draft. The Jets didn't have many picks, but I love what they did with them.

                      Darrelle Revis- He was my favorite first rounder, he was my #1 for the Texans slightly in front of Amobi Okoye. You got a dependable CB, and while Dyson is solid and may need to be upgraded, that secondary is looking pretty good now IMO.

                      David Harris- Excellent value pick, and he's a good fit as an ILB in a 3-4 defense. Barton, Harris, Vilma, Hobson. A great solution to fill a position of need, and makes the LB core a strength.

                      Jacob Bender- Dominated lesser competition but in a few years could push to start, good project to work with on the offensive line.

                      Chansi Stuckey- I'm a big Clemson fan, and think you may have gotten something special here. He's fast and extremely explosive. Despite being 185 pounds he's not afraid to go over the middle. He's got great hands. The only knock on him is his size and consistency, but I really think he will be a good WR in the NFL, and he was fantastic value in the 7th round, I couldn't believe he made it that long.

                      I've been a casual Jets fan over the years, but I plan on watching more Jets games this season to watch some of the players I really like play.

                      Comment


                      • Anyone remember how they said Tangini wouldnt trade up but they would trade down lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          Jacob Bender- Dominated lesser competition but in a few years could push to start, good project to work with on the offensive line.
                          Just so long as people don't tell me next year that we don't need to draft an offensive linemen next year because we addressed the position in the sixth round.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Just so long as people don't tell me next year that we don't need to draft an offensive linemen next year because we addressed the position in the sixth round.
                            Haha trust me as an Eagles fan I know a lot about offensive line "projects." Depth is nice, but you've got to get top end talent too. I would not be surprised at all to see the Jets take an offensive lineman in the first two rounds next year.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                              Hey just wanted to congratulate you guys on a fantastic draft. The Jets didn't have many picks, but I love what they did with them.

                              Darrelle Revis- He was my favorite first rounder, he was my #1 for the Texans slightly in front of Amobi Okoye. You got a dependable CB, and while Dyson is solid and may need to be upgraded, that secondary is looking pretty good now IMO.

                              David Harris- Excellent value pick, and he's a good fit as an ILB in a 3-4 defense. Barton, Harris, Vilma, Hobson. A great solution to fill a position of need, and makes the LB core a strength.

                              Jacob Bender- Dominated lesser competition but in a few years could push to start, good project to work with on the offensive line.

                              Chansi Stuckey- I'm a big Clemson fan, and think you may have gotten something special here. He's fast and extremely explosive. Despite being 185 pounds he's not afraid to go over the middle. He's got great hands. The only knock on him is his size and consistency, but I really think he will be a good WR in the NFL, and he was fantastic value in the 7th round, I couldn't believe he made it that long.

                              I've been a casual Jets fan over the years, but I plan on watching more Jets games this season to watch some of the players I really like play.
                              thanks for posting. always nice to have outside opinions to mitigate all the Jet bias

                              I'm really happy with the Revis signing. i was worried when we traded up incase they took Hall, which would have been fine, but i've liked Revis alot more. Solid pick, especially with all the anti the Pats have (even pre-Moss). hopefully he turns out the way i think he can.

                              Harris is a nice pick, really happy with it and i think we know the value and what is expected of him.

                              I'm not to familiar with the lower picks, but from others descriptions, and considering some of the solid picks the last 2 years, i'll have faith.

                              I saw someone else say, and i also thought about it, that i was hoping that the Jets could have made a play for Alan Branch just because he dropped so far and would be a nice NT. but i'll happily stay with what we got, and i'm always worried about dropping Tackles with apparent bad work ethic


                              Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                              Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tishdog View Post
                                Anyone remember how they said Tangini wouldnt trade up but they would trade down lol.

                                Yes. And I bought that spoonfed bull ish worse than anyone.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information