Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yaa the only problems i had, besides not seeing chad throw a ball or coles and cotchery get in the game was i didn't see too much of a pass rush. I tell ya what tho, bender dominated jamaal anderson a couple times that i saw. The passes i saw that we let up, we had guys on them, however it was just a pretty good thrown ball and nice catch. Other than that, I would just like to see some increased pass rush. Although, i know for a fact mangini said that there are a lot of schemes that he won't run in preseason games becuae he plans on utilizing them in the first few games of the season. I would have to imagine that the defensive schemes we ran were just shells of the schemes we'd be running against the pats in week 1.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Is Pellot-Rosa still on board?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Yeah he's still around, haven't heard a thing about him so I'm not sure if he'll make the team, but if not I'd assume they'll invite him to be a part of the practice squad. But most if not all of us really want him to make the team and are excited about his potential.

Comment

• What will our WRs be this year? Coles, Crotchery, and Smith are obviously going to make it... That leaves anywhere from 2 to 4 spots open... and these are the guys who i think have a legit chance at making it:
          Tim Dwight (solid special teamer, was on the team last year, injury problems)
          Chansi Stuckey (good preseason game, has been impressing coaches in camp)
          Justin McCareins (has been with the team a bunch of seasons so far, has the raw ability, always disappoints)
          Wallace Wright (one of the last cuts before the season last year, was brought up last year a few games on special teams, coaches say he's a hard worker)
          Frisman Jackson (had a brilliant one handed grab, was on the browns for a few years, great size)

If i had to take a guess i'd say Dwight, Stuckey, McCareins, Wright... I wouldn't be surprised to see us carrying 7 WRs because Smith is also a backup QB...
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• word is mccareins is out of manginis doghouse and is actually looking impressive. i take this as both bad news and good news seeing as i have grown to hate him. however, if his play were different i wouldnt hate him so...see how that goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              Yeah he's still around, haven't heard a thing about him so I'm not sure if he'll make the team, but if not I'd assume they'll invite him to be a part of the practice squad. But most if not all of us really want him to make the team and are excited about his potential.
              I believe Pellot-Rosa got cut today along with offensive lineman Andrew Wicker. I'm not sure about this potential though. I mean he seems decent but he doesn't have unreal size or speed, it's just cool that he's a converted basketball player.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                I believe Pellot-Rosa got cut today along with offensive lineman Andrew Wicker. I'm not sure about this potential though. I mean he seems decent but he doesn't have unreal size or speed, it's just cool that he's a converted basketball player.
                Yeah, I think I posted right before it happened. He does have very good height for a WR at 6'4, and good leaping ability as well. If he developed he could have been a good red zone threat that we've really been lacking, don't know what he would have done on the rest of the field though. As for the WR's we keep, Dwight is on the PUP so for now I'd say J-Mac, Stuckey, and either Wright or Jackson.

Comment

Yeah, I think I posted right before it happened. He does have very good height for a WR at 6'4, and good leaping ability as well. If he developed he could have been a good red zone threat that we've really been lacking, don't know what he would have done on the rest of the field though. As for the WR's we keep, Dwight is on the PUP so for now I'd say J-Mac, Stuckey, and either Wright or Jackson.
                  jackson is 6'3''-6'4'' right?
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Does anyone else really like Wallace Wright, or am I the only one? He is great on special teams, always gives his all, pretty decent WR, and seems like a pretty good guy.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Jackson is listed at 6'3 I believe. And I definitely like Wright, if Dwight doesn't play this season and we cut Tui I think there's a shot we keep both Wright and Jackson, but if not it is going to be tough to decide between the two for the 5th receiver spot.

Comment

• So, we finally had some news; TJ got hurt, but appears not to serious and apparantly we started talking to revis' agents again, which is always a plus. Besides all that serious stuff, id like to go onto something of almost as equal importance... Madden '08 comes out tommorrow. For all those who want to see the ratings of the Jets follow here.. http://sports.ign.com/madden08/jets.html

now does anyone else wonder how the hell kimo merited an 80??? A few scores i was surprised by besides that was Mangold not being a 90, granted they gave him 89, but i still beleive he deserved to be a 90. TJ being an 88, not bad but still after last year and the playoffs i thought he could have been a 90. Willie parker got an 89, but not a big deal. Kerry got a 94, well deserved.

All i know, is that when i get the game i refuse to play revis until his ass is actually a member of the damn team. childish?? most likely. Justifiable?? most definately

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Okay because i'm bored i'm making a list of different things i noticed

should be 90 - Thomas Jones rb, Nick Mangold c
                          should be 88 - Andre Dyson cb, Jerricho Cothery wr
                          should be 85 - Bryan Thomas olb, Victor Hobson olb
                          should be 80 - Justin Miller cb, Chris Baker te
                          should at least be 75 - Sean Ryan te, Brad Smith wr/qb, Sione Pouha nt, Brad Kassell ilb, Eric Smith s, Kenyon Coleman de

individual stats that should be raised - Chad Pennington's awareness (84), Leon Washington's speed (91) and acceleration (94)

why is he not on the roster - Stacey Tutt rb, James Dearth te or Jason Pociask te

and finally why is he still on the roster - Cedric Houston rb, Ed Blanton rt

any guesses on overall rankings? offense 87 defense 88 special teams 88 overall 88
                          Last edited by TimD; 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• haha and guys i'm creating if they are not free agents (i make them have reasonable stats haha)

Leonard Peters (SS out of Hawii... slow but is a truck... i'd love making him fly down on the kickoff and jack up wes welker or roscoe parrish)
                            Stacey Tutt (he's had a great camp... i think he'd be perfect for those short outs that chad loves)
                            Andre Wadsworth (haha c'mon who doesn't want this guy to make the team)
                            Wallace Wright (a jet fan's underdog favorite)
                            Jesse Pellot-Rosa (redzone threat)

i guess i'll have to drop some guys for them cough cough kimo, mccareins, that random ass rt blanton, & barrett haha

Comment

• I'm very excited for Madden to come out. One question I had was Brandon Moore's 88 overall rating, am I severely underrating the guy or is he a little too high?

Comment

I'm very excited for Madden to come out. One question I had was Brandon Moore's 88 overall rating, am I severely underrating the guy or is he a little too high?
                                haha i noticed that too... the only thing i could think of was that they just didn't know who he was or maybe got him mixed up with someone else and gave him an 88, becuase besides brandon moore paying off the madden guys to raise his stats, that is the only legitimate excuse i can think of.

on other news..roworld.com

The agent for Thomas Jones told the Associated Press Monday that an MRI revealed his client has a strained right calf.

If so, he should only miss a few weeks. It was speculated earlier Monday that Jones might have a high ankle sprain, which would've sidelined him indefinitely. Leon Washington will see the bulk of the first-string action until late in the preseason. The Jets may have to sign yet another running back.

so thats not bad at all, granted i dont enjoy him missing time, but oppose to what it could have been its not too bad. The thing im more interested to know, is what mangini thinks of his agent letting this information loose. Not that he doesnt have the right to do so, I just think its funny how mangini spends all this time to keep everythine tight lipped (even tho when u see him smiling or smirking after an answer you know its not gonna be to severe) his agent lets the info out pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information