Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Jones info. Good he won't be out for too long. I think the big thing is that as much as he could use some work, we cannot rush him back. He is far too important to the success of the team IMO. If we rush him back and this injury nags we will be kicking ourselves for the rest of the season. As much as I'd like to see him back, I don't want to see him doing anything serious until he's at 110% health.

At the moment it appears we may have to sign another runner or not, but if not this could be a nice opportunity for Ware and Banks to make their cases against 2nd/3rd string guys if we don't. Both are interesting guys, and I'm actually curious to see who everyone thinks we should keep as the third guy. A lot of it is going to come down to versatility and the ability to play ST, core "Jets values", but if push comes to shove I think I'd like Ware. He's got very nice size but some good speed as well, I think he's a nice fit as a pounder. Thoughts?

Comment

• what rbs do we have? i mean other than fbs

thomas jones, leon washington, ????? then who?
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Danny Ware (UDFA out of Georgia), Alvin Banks (UDFA out of James Madison), and Tony Hollings (2nd round Supplimental pick by the Texans a few years back, in his 4th year out of Georgia Tech). Ware has the best size at 6' even 234 lbs, Banks has pretty good size at 5'10 225, and Hollings is 5'10 218 and more of a speed guy. He has had some durability issues in the past I believe. If I had to guess I'd say one of the rookies is going to be the guy to make the team, and the other will be kept on the practice squad. At the moment I believe Ware is working as the 3rd RB and worked with the 2nd team after the Jones injury.

Comment

• i've heard of hollings before... other 2 not really...
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Ware apparently looked good in the preseason game. Good cuts and whatnot.

Comment

• Ware had one very nice run, 20+ yarder, and looked solid the rest of the time but didn't really do that well yardage wise. On his other 11 carries he gained about low-mid 20's in yardage, around 2 YPC. Still, for the game he had 12 carries for 48 yds, an average of 4 per carry. We'll see. The reason you probably haven't heard about Banks or Ware is that both were undrafted rookies, so they haven't had much hype yet. One or the other should be a solid third back for us right now, as I said Ware is our third back behind Jones and Washington at the moment.

Comment

• 'Substantial Progress' in Revis Talks

08/14 New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said some of the words that Green & White fans wanted to hear late this afternoon, telling ESPN-AM Radio in New York that "very substantial progress has been made" in the negotiations between the Jets and the representatives for first-round draft pick Darrelle Revis.

"We think we've found a solution," Tannenbaum told ESPN. Agent Neil Schwartz, who was reported to be at the Jets' training complex, told The Associated Press, "I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but we're working. We're making progress."

Tannenbaum and Schwartz are expected to meet into and through this evening in an effort to reach an agreement.
                LINK

Keep your fingers crossed :)

Comment

• He's Signed!!thank The Lord!!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Does Danny Ware still have the edge on the other RB's ? I thought he looked better then Banks did last week. How much playing time should he get tonight ?

Comment

• what time is the game on tonight? and is it going to be on cbs, fox, espn, abc???

Comment

• Ware is the third RB for us now, it looks like he does have the edge and I think (especially if Jones doesn't play) he should receive significant PT. I'm rooting for him to make the team as the third RB.

And as far as I know the game's at 7 or 8 on Fox.

Comment

• 8 ET, on Fox

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• any of you jets fan watching laveranues coles on oprah?
                            pretty powerful stuff

Go Ravens!

Comment

• I remember seeing that interview a few years back. That guy is a class act.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                                any of you jets fan watching laveranues coles on oprah?
                                pretty powerful stuff
                                didn't see it today, but it was a re-run because i saw it about 2 years ago. Ya, i'd agree, pretty powerful stuff indeed. Very good individual

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information