Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Moore and Mangold will have solid seasons this year, but I think D'Brickashaw might sturggle without Kendall, and whoever replaces Kendall (be it Jacob, Smith, Jones, or Clarke) will also have a tough time. Clement at RT will have an okay season, so I think we will try to run right over the other teams left side.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• You guys should all go the Fantasy Section and sign up for the National Fantasy League Signups 2nd season. It's basically a simulation league and if you're unfamiliar with what that is. You create a player, make yourself or make someone up and you get to make up everything about him. Position, size, strengths, weaknesses, college. You will then be entered into the draft. It doesn't ask for a huge commitment. You can just sign up and check whenever you want. But if you're like me, you'll get attached and get really into it. Just go to that thread and signup, it explains everything in further detail. It'll be a lot of fun. If you have any further question about it just ask me
      Last edited by 'cuse-213; 08-26-2007, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
        I think Moore and Mangold will have solid seasons this year, but I think D'Brickashaw might sturggle without Kendall, and whoever replaces Kendall (be it Jacob, Smith, Jones, or Clarke) will also have a tough time. Clement at RT will have an okay season, so I think we will try to run right over the other teams left side.
        Here's what's worrying me.

1. THe Jets OL got run over on BOTH sides last night. Mauled, manhandled, overpowered, dominated, whatever you want to call it.

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson vs. Osi Umenyiora. Yeah, I know its just the preseason and Osi's a pro bowl DE, but D'Brick looked terrible out there in pass protection, which was supposed to be his specialty.

3. The Jets are going to have to run to the left side because every time they put someone else in at LG in the first half, the Giants' defensive line sent the message "this guy can't cut it either".

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
          Lol why do you guys care so much...it's the pre-season, there's injuries, confusion, half-assing...it means nothing, teams go 0-4 in the pre season and still make the playoffs.
          And amazingly, the Jets actually won last night. But the first team offense and defense looked terrible. Thats all I care about from the game because that to me is an indicator that the Jets could be heading for trouble when the season actually does start.

Comment

• Although our entire first team O sucked, our D wasn't that bad. They only let up 10 points. Plus Revis and Harris also kicked some serious ass

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
              Although our entire first team O sucked, our D wasn't that bad. They only let up 10 points. Plus Revis and Harris also kicked some serious ass

Revis and Harris kicked some serious ass which I was glad to see but, I think a big reason they only let up 10 was

A. The Giants couldn't move the ball in the red zone until almost halftime.
              B. Lawrence Tynes.

The D got no pressure on Eli. Maybe they weren't trying to. After all, it is just the preseason. But he had all the time in the world every time he dropped back to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Revis and Harris kicked some serious ass which I was glad to see but, I think a big reason they only let up 10 was

A. The Giants couldn't move the ball in the red zone until almost halftime.
                B. Lawrence Tynes.

The D got no pressure on Eli. Maybe they weren't trying to. After all, it is just the preseason. But he had all the time in the world every time he dropped back to pass.
                I think part of the reason they couldn't move in the red zone was us. we were bending and not breaking, although i agree with B

Sig by Me

Comment

• i think a major reason our O line was weak is because that left guard spot is throwing off chemistry... not including Pete Kendall over the course of camp and pre-season Jones, Jacobs, Clarke, and Smith have practiced with the first team. having to learn have to play next to a new guy like every week has to be real tough on 2 rookies... once a starter is named and practices a bit i think the line will vastly improve which will in turn make the rest of the offense improve
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...ay-for-clemens

Clemens is going to be a good starter

Comment

• http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...owback-day-set

New York Titans Throwback Day

The New York Jets will celebrate their storied history with a special “Titans Throwback Day” presented by Jets TicketExchange by Ticketmaster on Sunday, Oct. 14, when the Jets take on the Philadelphia Eagles in the Meadowlands.

Jets players and coaches will sport the Titans' original navy and gold uniforms and a halftime ceremony will honor four members of the original team — Don Maynard, Bill Mathis, Larry Grantham and Curley Johnson.
                      i cant wait to go to this game...

a lot like old rams jerseys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

we cut 10 year vetren Tim Dwight

L Coles, J Cotchery, J McCareins, C Stuckey, F Jackson, W Wright are all competing for the 5 spots (i didnt list Brad Smith because i think he'll take up a roster spot at QB not WR)
                      Last edited by TimD; 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                        http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...owback-day-set

New York Titans Throwback Day

i cant wait to go to this game...

a lot like old rams jerseys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

we cut 10 year vetren Tim Dwight

L Coles, J Cotchery, J McCareins, C Stuckey, F Jackson, W Wright are all competing for the 5 spots (i didnt list Brad Smith because i think he'll take up a roster spot at QB not WR)
                        Sweet, is philly gunna wear their oldies?

Sig by Me

Comment

• doesnt say but thatd be really cool

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                            Sweet, is philly gunna wear their oldies?
                            Don't think so, Philly's wearin old school jerseys Sept 23 against the Lions. I'm at school in Philly right now and I'm going to that particular game, which is the only reason I know that. I was wondering why nobody responded when I posted this a page ago, guess nobody noticed it. The jerseys should be pretty sweet though. I wonder if any jerseys go on sale, or if we'll continue to do this more than just this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              Don't think so, Philly's wearin old school jerseys Sept 23 against the Lions. I'm at school in Philly right now and I'm going to that particular game, which is the only reason I know that. I was wondering why nobody responded when I posted this a page ago, guess nobody noticed it. The jerseys should be pretty sweet though. I wonder if any jerseys go on sale, or if we'll continue to do this more than just this year?
                              Where do you go to school in Philly?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                                Where do you go to school in Philly?
                                I go to Nova.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information