X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
    i like your team minus the fact that kerry rhodes isnt on it
    He was taken about 5 spots before I intended on taking him.

Comment

im posting this here because i feel better getting biased advice from jets fans...

would leon washington be a good start week 1 as a third RB? i have mo jones-drew, edge, marion barber, caddillac, nd leon... i plan to start jones-drew nd edge now should i start leon because of the increased amount of carries he'll get plus harrison and seymour are out of should i let the o line settle a bit before playing him?
      I actually would start MJD, Caddy, and Barber but that's just me. Jones-Drew is easy. Not sure who Edge is playing and Barber may be a tough play because he can be hit or miss but he's a touchdown machine and I think it's tough to leave him on the bench knowing he could easily have 2 TD's that game. And Caddy because as said he's starting, will get more carries, and is playing a worse run D. But he's up and down at times. The loss of Seymour I don't think will be that big as their backup Green is very good as well, and overall Leon is the backup RB. I don't really think he'll see increased carries just because we have 2 RB's, we're running the same system we would be otherwise. He's an awesome big-play guy, but whether he gets into the endzone (very important) is up in the air. So if you're deadset on those two, I'd go Barber easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        I actually would start MJD, Caddy, and Barber but that's just me. Jones-Drew is easy. Not sure who Edge is playing and Barber may be a tough play because he can be hit or miss but he's a touchdown machine and I think it's tough to leave him on the bench knowing he could easily have 2 TD's that game. And Caddy because as said he's starting, will get more carries, and is playing a worse run D. But he's up and down at times. The loss of Seymour I don't think will be that big as their backup Green is very good as well, and overall Leon is the backup RB. I don't really think he'll see increased carries just because we have 2 RB's, we're running the same system we would be otherwise. He's an awesome big-play guy, but whether he gets into the endzone (very important) is up in the air. So if you're deadset on those two, I'd go Barber easy.
        Barber is playing the Giants... And since they really do not have a good runstopping interior line i have a feeling Barber has a short goalline TD run up the gut. With Kearny and Lofa on Seattle's D i don't think Caddy has a good game but then again he has a lot to prove. I think ill start Barber...
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Barber is playing the Giants... And since they really do not have a good runstopping interior line i have a feeling Barber has a short goalline TD run up the gut. With Kearny and Lofa on Seattle's D i don't think Caddy has a good game but then again he has a lot to prove. I think ill start Barber...
          Sounds like a good call to me. Where did you get Barber? If the Cowboys staff finally realizes that he's a better back than Jones (you can look at the stats, and ESPN had a really good fantasy-related article on it) then he could be a massive steal.

Comment

Sounds like a good call to me. Where did you get Barber? If the Cowboys staff finally realizes that he's a better back than Jones (you can look at the stats, and ESPN had a really good fantasy-related article on it) then he could be a massive steal.
            this is my team

1. (6) Peyton Manning
            2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew
            3. (26) Edgerrin James
            4. (35) Andre Johnson
            5. (46) Laveranues Coles
            6. (55) Carnell Williams
            7. (66) Denver
            8. (75) Marion Barber III
            9. (86) Joey Galloway
            10. (95) Chris Cooley
            11. (106) Leon Washington
            12. (115) Randy McMichael
            13. (126) Steve McNair
            14. (135) Mike Nugent
            15. (146) Brandon Jones
            16. (155) New York
            17. (166) Anthony Thomas
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

this is my team

1. (6) Peyton Manning
              2. (15) Maurice Jones-Drew
              3. (26) Edgerrin James
              4. (35) Andre Johnson
              5. (46) Laveranues Coles
              6. (55) Carnell Williams
              7. (66) Denver
              8. (75) Marion Barber III
              9. (86) Joey Galloway
              10. (95) Chris Cooley
              11. (106) Leon Washington
              12. (115) Randy McMichael
              13. (126) Steve McNair
              14. (135) Mike Nugent
              15. (146) Brandon Jones
              16. (155) New York
              17. (166) Anthony Thomas
              I think Barber could really end up being a steal for you. Low risk/high reward factor. I like that team. Cooley could be absolutely huge, you're a little thin at WR but I think that makes up for it.

Comment

I think Barber could really end up being a steal for you. Low risk/high reward factor. I like that team. Cooley could be absolutely huge, you're a little thin at WR but I think that makes up for it.
                it is a 10 team league in case you were wondering... im torn between my sleeper McMichael and my big name Cooley...

Comment

• I read in the Star Ledger that there are rumors of the Jets being interested in Denver RB Mike Bell. That could be a nice future combo Leon and Bell... Also it said that TE Sean Ryan #88 might be on the trading block. And I think this was posted but I heard that Dyson may be on the block as well. I'm not sure if Bell and the two guys rumored to be on the block are related in any way, because Den is set at TE and CB, but I just wanted to let ya'll know what I've heard...

Comment

I read in the Star Ledger that there are rumors of the Jets being interested in Denver RB Mike Bell. That could be a nice future combo Leon and Bell... Also it said that TE Sean Ryan #88 might be on the trading block. And I think this was posted but I heard that Dyson may be on the block as well. I'm not sure if Bell and the two guys rumored to be on the block are related in any way, because Den is set at TE and CB, but I just wanted to let ya'll know what I've heard...
                    I'd be happy to see Ryan go, Dyson and Bell are all about the value we can get in return. I think Dyson is too underrated to get equal return value and i think the broncos might like Bell too much for us to get equal value. Although i wouldn't mind either move

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                      I'd be happy to see Ryan go, Dyson and Bell are all about the value we can get in return. I think Dyson is too underrated to get equal return value and i think the broncos might like Bell too much for us to get equal value. Although i wouldn't mind either move
                      Ya know with the players we have now I don't want Bell, and to tell you the truth I like Ryan and Dyson.

If I was the Jets mangement (which would be bad haha :D) this is what I'd do...

-Try and trade David Barrett
                      -Once he's gone move Manny Collins up to the 6th corner spot
                      -Try and trade Tui
                      -Move Danny Ware up the the 3rd RB spot
                      -Acquire an Olineman in either a trade or FA
                      -Move either Pociask or Kowalewski to PS to make room for olineman

Comment

Ya know with the players we have now I don't want Bell, and to tell you the truth I like Ryan and Dyson.

If I was the Jets mangement (which would be bad haha :D) this is what I'd do...

-Try and trade Tui
                        -Move either Pociask or Kowalewski to PS to make room for olineman
                        Tui was cut and i really don't think Collins is any good

I think an O-lineman is in need of being acquired as well
                        Last edited by JETS5128; 09-03-2007, 10:29 PM.

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                          Tui was cut
                          no he wasnt
                          http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...evito-tes-stay

Comment

Sounds good. Quite frankly, I always thought Andre Dyson was solid and for the life of me, I can't figure out why everyone is so ready to get rid of him. He doesn't exactly have a 50 million dollar contract you know.

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                            Do the Jets really need six corners?

-Try and trade Tui
                            I can't imagine any team would want to trade for Tui. Nobody wants to give this guy a chance. Its been that way since the moment he was drafted. I mean come on, he's had two starts in seven years. Him even coming to the Jets says even more since, there was absolutely no chance he'd be anything more than a third stringer on the Jets roster. Plus Byron Leftwich is out there in free agency.

Who?

Agreed, agreed and agreed some more.

Comment

• we have 6 now... plus i like Collins (he's from jersey and went to rutgers :D)

i think the Pats would pick up Tui in a heartbeat if we dropped him

Danny Ware, the guy competing for the 3rd string RB spot... 180 yds in the pre season

Comment

we have 6 now... plus i like Collins (he's from jersey and went to rutgers :D)

The Jets have six corners now, but IMO, at least four of them can start (Dyson, Barrett, Miller and Revis) and the other two are good enough to at least contribute as nickle/dime (Poteat and Coleman) corners. If the Jets traded one, I don't see a reason why he should be replaced.

i think the Pats would pick up Tui in a heartbeat if we dropped him
                                I don't agree, but thats JMO.

Danny Ware, the guy competing for the 3rd string RB spot... 180 yds in the pre season
                                Oh...... right. That Danny Ware.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information