Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say we won this one and it looks like the Pats will lose to the Lions :D If we could beat the *********** Browns we'd be itied for the division lead in a few minutes!
    I don't think we would have beat the Pats if we won that game. Just a gut feeling.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AlexDown
      Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
      i'm gonna go out on a limb and say we won this one and it looks like the Pats will lose to the Lions :D If we could beat the *********** Browns we'd be itied for the division lead in a few minutes!
      I don't think we would have beat the Pats if we won that game. Just a gut feeling.
      well it don't matter now, Pats pulled it out their ass

      Sig thanks to VLS

      My BC Iggles. (13-4)

      Comment


      • AMAZING game today!!!!

        We gotta win out though, and goddam stop Willis Mcgahee next week (something we don't do very well)


        ^^Sig From Nvot9
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by throwback54milkman
          AMAZING game today!!!!

          We gotta win out though, and goddam stop Willis Mcgahee next week (something we don't do very well)
          lol yea what does he average like 110 yards against us or something ridiculous like that.

          Comment


          • Does everyone see my point as to why the Jets don't need a runningback?

            We have three legit runners. Barlow in goal line and bad weather situations, Houston as the power runner, and Washington as the pass catcher.

            The Jets made the mistake of drafting Blair Thomas years ago when they had a bunch of runningbacks they wanted to run with a comittee under Coslet. Don't make the same mistake again.

            We need another 3-4 end/nose tackle. We need to add another guard as Kendall's replacement. And we could use a right tackle. I think with Bryan Thomas' recent emergence, and signing, Justin Blalock and Levi Brown are looking more and more believeable in the first round if we can't get a Frank Okam, Alan Branch or Adam Carikker (who will be a second rounder anyway) type of player early on.

            We need to keep building through the trenches. Right now, we're winning games without much help from the defensive line. If we can add another solid player or two we'll be very good on the defensive line.

            Designs by Thule

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
              Does everyone see my point as to why the Jets don't need a runningback?

              We have three legit runners. Barlow in goal line and bad weather situations, Houston as the power runner, and Washington as the pass catcher.

              The Jets made the mistake of drafting Blair Thomas years ago when they had a bunch of runningbacks they wanted to run with a comittee under Coslet. Don't make the same mistake again.

              We need another 3-4 end/nose tackle. We need to add another guard as Kendall's replacement. And we could use a right tackle. I think with Bryan Thomas' recent emergence, and signing, Justin Blalock and Levi Brown are looking more and more believeable in the first round if we can't get a Frank Okam, Alan Branch or Adam Carikker (who will be a second rounder anyway) type of player early on.

              We need to keep building through the trenches. Right now, we're winning games without much help from the defensive line. If we can add another solid player or two we'll be very good on the defensive line.
              I concur



              Sig by Me

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JETS5128
                Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                Does everyone see my point as to why the Jets don't need a runningback?

                We have three legit runners. Barlow in goal line and bad weather situations, Houston as the power runner, and Washington as the pass catcher.

                The Jets made the mistake of drafting Blair Thomas years ago when they had a bunch of runningbacks they wanted to run with a comittee under Coslet. Don't make the same mistake again.

                We need another 3-4 end/nose tackle. We need to add another guard as Kendall's replacement. And we could use a right tackle. I think with Bryan Thomas' recent emergence, and signing, Justin Blalock and Levi Brown are looking more and more believeable in the first round if we can't get a Frank Okam, Alan Branch or Adam Carikker (who will be a second rounder anyway) type of player early on.

                We need to keep building through the trenches. Right now, we're winning games without much help from the defensive line. If we can add another solid player or two we'll be very good on the defensive line.
                I concur
                I agree that we don't need a 1st day runningback if we get Brian Leonard to handle blocking and some carries a game.

                Comment


                • for next year:

                  What do you guys think about moving Dewayne to DE and drafting a big 3-4 NT that will demand double teams. Nothing against Dewayne, I think he's actually playing pretty well, but the LBs are too good not to be making more plays (especially Vilma). If we could for example have Alan Branch in the middle, Vilma will have more space to roam around and do his thing. I love the offense, I would be thrilled to have the same starters next year (even the right side of the o-line is playing well now, and Green Bay has a good Dline).


                  Just 1 question- Why didn't Mangini bring in Clemens or Ramsey in the 4th quarter?? I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but just imagine the criticism he would have taken if Pennington got hurt.


                  ^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                    for next year:

                    What do you guys think about moving Dewayne to DE and drafting a big 3-4 NT that will demand double teams. Nothing against Dewayne, I think he's actually playing pretty well, but the LBs are too good not to be making more plays (especially Vilma). If we could for example have Alan Branch in the middle, Vilma will have more space to roam around and do his thing. I love the offense, I would be thrilled to have the same starters next year (even the right side of the o-line is playing well now, and Green Bay has a good Dline).


                    Just 1 question- Why didn't Mangini bring in Clemens or Ramsey in the 4th quarter?? I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but just imagine the criticism he would have taken if Pennington got hurt.
                    Not sure if you turned off the game after the 3rd, but there was a big momentum swing in the 4th. They forced an INT and and onsides kick. While they did not capitalize on these, I was still worried there for a second.

                    Also, I don't really understand your logic about taking out your starters in the 4th. Do most 6-5 teams going for the playoffs do that? Or is it just about how big of a lead we had, because I still woulden't have made a switch at a position especially important as QB.

                    Comment


                    • for the draft if no elite prospects slip down to us I wouldnt be opposed to trade out of rd. 1 for a 2nd this yr and a 1st next yr.
                      As far as players we would draft with our 3 2nd rd picks:

                      Dre Moore DE Maryland...if he declares he would prob be avilable here. Very raw but big(6-5, 320) and fast (4.8). He would be a great fit at DE in our system.

                      Brian Leonard FB Rutgers...This is like adding a RB to go along with thunder and lightening (houston and leon). Would be a great fit in any offense because he is so versitile and can do so many things.

                      with the 3rd 2nd rd pick I would be looking at avilable corners (Cason, Hughes) or pass rushers (spencer) who might be avilable. Maybe a good TE prospect falls down here. If not im content to trade the pick for a #3 this yr and a #2 next yr.

                      Adding talent and stockpiling picks.

                      Comment


                      • Haha..you beat the monkey **** out of the Packers. 8)


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Haha..you beat the monkey *********** out of the Packers. 8)
                          :D :D


                          ^^Sig From Nvot9
                          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AlexDown
                            Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                            for next year:

                            What do you guys think about moving Dewayne to DE and drafting a big 3-4 NT that will demand double teams. Nothing against Dewayne, I think he's actually playing pretty well, but the LBs are too good not to be making more plays (especially Vilma). If we could for example have Alan Branch in the middle, Vilma will have more space to roam around and do his thing. I love the offense, I would be thrilled to have the same starters next year (even the right side of the o-line is playing well now, and Green Bay has a good Dline).


                            Just 1 question- Why didn't Mangini bring in Clemens or Ramsey in the 4th quarter?? I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but just imagine the criticism he would have taken if Pennington got hurt.
                            Not sure if you turned off the game after the 3rd, but there was a big momentum swing in the 4th. They forced an INT and and onsides kick. While they did not capitalize on these, I was still worried there for a second.

                            Also, I don't really understand your logic about taking out your starters in the 4th. Do most 6-5 teams going for the playoffs do that? Or is it just about how big of a lead we had, because I still woulden't have made a switch at a position especially important as QB.
                            That was completely to be expected. They were at home, and had the crap beat out of them. We had a huge lead, and not really too much to play for. I'm surprised they only got one touchdown the whole second half.

                            Comment


                            • Just wanted to say how good of a #2 WR Jerricho Cotchery has developed into. As an NC State fan, it is great seeing him put up some great numbers for you guys this year. He's gotten absolutely no publicly but I'm sure that is the way he likes it. Still though, he's one of the biggest rising stars in the league.

                              Comment


                              • Jets have suprised me this season, I thought they werer gonna be worse this season. They proved me wrong big time.


                                Thanks to jackalope

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information