This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
    I am a Cowboys fan on the Cowboys Board and some dopes are trying to tell me Roy Williams is a better SS than Kerry Rhodes in pass coverage.
    lol Williams is better at tackling, but Rhodes has him at rushing the passer, coverage, and awareness
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      I am a Cowboys fan on the Cowboys Board and some dopes are trying to tell me Roy Williams is a better SS than Kerry Rhodes in pass coverage.
      u did the right thing by coming to us. i will happily tell u that they are wrong and that Kerry Rhodes is the better of the two as far as pass coverage.

i personally would say better in other things as well, but that is not part of the discussion

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• so who's ready for today?

^^Sig From Nvot9
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
          so who's ready for today?
          i would be there but i have a hockey game the same time... my brother and my parents will be there... i think im going to record the game and then just try not to hear any scores all day so i can watch it tonight...
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• We need to improve in the trenches. Badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              We need to improve in the trenches. Badly.
              So true, although the run D has gotten better through the course of this game.

Sig by Me

Comment

• I'm honestly embarrassed, David Barrett is AWFUL.
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• At least it looks like Pennington is back.

Comment

• thank god i had hockey and couldnt go to the game... i would have been so depressed

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      We need to improve in the trenches. Badly.
                      Nahhhh, we need an outside linebacker, a safety and a wide receiver. I'd say draft a seventh rounder or sign some guy out of free agency like Marko Cavka and they'll be fine at OL.

*Deactivate sarcast-omatic*

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        Nahhhh, we need an outside linebacker, a safety and a wide receiver. I'd say draft a seventh rounder or sign some guy out of free agency like Marko Cavka and they'll be fine at OL.

*Deactivate sarcast-omatic*
                        i think we're good with reciever...

biggest needs:

NT
                        OL
                        ILB
                        CUT DAVID BARRETT

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post

biggest needs:

NT
                          OL
                          ILB
                          CUT DAVID BARRETT
                          Crickett was bein sarcastic :) .

I don't necessarily agree with NT as our biggest need, Robertson really impressed me today to be honest, I think it's our DE's that struggled. I'd say SOME FORM of run-blocking is a first round need, because we have none. DE's our next biggest need I'd say (I'm not opposed to taking an NT and moving Robertson outside, I just think that we should keep him because he did well against the run.) Honestly, other than the OL and the pass rushing, and David Barett, I didn't see too many other glaring needs. Thomas Jones did his job in the running game, he had absolutely nothing to work with, and still got like 50+ yards. Our passing game looked very smooth until Chad got hurt and Clemens came in at the end. Revis I thought, did very well, he did very good in support, he defended against the run better than any other Jet, stood his ground, and stayed with his receiver. Again, if we could just rush the QB more, getting a more solid line, we'd be OK on defense.
                          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post

biggest needs:

All D-line
                            OL
                            OLB
                            CUT DAVID BARRETT
                            my opinion

Sig by Me

Comment

• yaa barrett really dissapointed me today, epsecially the one where he completely overpersued wes welker. Other than that, when you give an nfl qb as good as brady is (it really hurts me to say that) that much damn time of course he is going to find someone open and shred the defense. THe guy literally had time to stop check his qb wrist band for the play again look up and scan the field; it really was all about our lack of pass rush, the pats did a great job of picking up the blitzers. We need to either figure out a more creative way of blitzing them, or draft a stud OlB thats 6'4 275 or so that can just disrupt a qb's timing. Ie. merriman i will say i saw vilma make a few nice plays behind the line of scrimage that encouraged me. But either way, somethin is gong to have to change because we have some tough games coming up, especially next week in baltimore.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• few things about today's game:
                                1) D'brick had a horrible game, really really bad
                                2) So did David Barrett obviously
                                3) It was not Thomas Jones' fault that he did nothing, there were guys in the backfield all day
                                4) DEs and OLBs were horrendous today with pass rush and rush defense

there were a few positives:
                                1) Chad was really good even after the injury and we gotta hope he is ok
                                2) I thought Revis played really well for his first game

all in all, nobody should be shocked from today's result, and the season is not over, but the AFC east certainly is

^^Sig From Nvot9
                                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information