This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    I think your right Nvot, they are very beatable.

However I really hope Pennington plays. That will help our chances a lot. We can't turn the ball over at all if we want to win. I really don't see this as a high scoring game so we need to limit all mistakes.
    Well said. As much as I would love to see Clemens play, and see what the kid is made of, from a winning perspective, we need Pennington against the Ravens. The Ravens have such a dynamic defense that they can kill you at any angle, so we're gunna need a guy like Pennington who's smart, and who can literally put the ball wherever he wants (as you could see with his second TD pass to Coles last week) and the small ball game he plays is really the only way I see us beating them.
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Revis and D'Brick have looked real good this game. It's unfortunate the rest of their offense hasn't...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
        Revis and D'Brick have looked real good this game. It's unfortunate the rest of their offense hasn't...
        Jones is doing pretty well.. and D'Brick got torched on that one play by Suggs... anyways i think Kellen is looking okay... i mean going against the top defense is tough, but if chad was in there we'd have at least 10
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• What I've seen so far, Barton needs to be replaced with David Harris, David Barret is one of the worst players I've ever seen, we need to switch back a 4-3, Robertson is not a 3-4 NT at all, Rhodes is not the same player he was last year, and D'Brick has been a complete disappointment since we drafted him and hasn't really showed me any bright spots.

Unless some major things happen, prepare to be back to where we were a couple seasons ago. Glenn Dorsey ftw!

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• This is a pretty hard game to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
              What I've seen so far, Barton needs to be replaced with David Harris, David Barret is one of the worst players I've ever seen, we need to switch back a 4-3, Robertson is not a 3-4 NT at all, Rhodes is not the same player he was last year, and D'Brick has been a complete disappointment since we drafted him and hasn't really showed me any bright spots.

Unless some major things happen, prepare to be back to where we were a couple seasons ago. Glenn Dorsey ftw!
              Calm down, we've played arguably two of the top 3/4 teams in the league in the AFC. And why would we draft dorsey???

Sig by Me

Comment

• They rushed 4 and they still managed to practically sack him!

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                  Calm down, we've played arguably two of the top 3/4 teams in the league in the AFC. And why would we draft dorsey???
                  Because he is arguably the best defensive player available this year and we need all the help we can get on defense.

I am just a bit angry from what I've seen this year. It's true that the Pats and Ravens are two of the best teams, but this Raven offense is not elite in any way. The Bengals defense was able to stop them, and they can't even stop the Browns. I am just not feeling the defense right now. No effort, no heart, just laziness all around.

Comment

Because he is arguably the best defensive player available this year and we need all the help we can get on defense.

I am just a bit angry from what I've seen this year. It's true that the Pats and Ravens are two of the best teams, but this Raven offense is not elite in any way. The Bengals defense was able to stop them, and they can't even stop the Browns. I am just not feeling the defense right now. No effort, no heart, just laziness all around.

I agree he is a great player, but he has no business in a 3-4.

Sig by Me

Comment

• I'll agree that i havn't be overly impresed with barton and would like to see david harris come in, but im sure that will happen once harris proves he can outplay barton during the week. I will also agree that we need another CB to play opposite Revis, who has looked very good, becuase we simply are letting up chunks of yards in the air (not to revis's side however). I hink Drob has played extremely aggresive all game and has been eating up double teams on many of the downs.
                      Rhodes has been real good at points and bad at points; like letting heap be wide open to catch that td, granted i dont know in the scheme if that was his fault or not, and then when he was covering heap in the end zone he looked very good. I'll have to disagree about D'brick, granted he hasn't been absolutely dominant, but he has been facing some of the best defences out there. A few of the sacks were blocked very well, but they just simply rushed too many people therefore no one was there to pick them up. Kellen needed to either get rid of the ball quicker or somethin else.
                      Our run defense has looked pretty good tho, we havn't let mcgahee run over us like he did with the bills; the only bad thing is we are still letting up way to many yards in the air. WE'll see at the end of the game

i'll tell ya one thing ive been seeing more of that i really like; is vilma has been getting tackles behind the line or right at it.
                      Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

What I've seen so far, Barton needs to be replaced with David Harris, David Barret is one of the worst players I've ever seen, we need to switch back a 4-3, Robertson is not a 3-4 NT at all, Rhodes is not the same player he was last year, and D'Brick has been a complete disappointment since we drafted him and hasn't really showed me any bright spots.

Are we watching the same game? Robertson has been excellent in the 3-4 this year. He's getting behind the line, eating up blockers, and stuffing the run. Vilma's awareness is better than I've ever seen it, and he's able to go around blockers now and also stuff the run, those two are the main reason why our run defense has been so solid thus far. Rhodes has looked good as well, he's been all over the field this game and has looked very good in coverage and rushing the QB (he's rushed the QB a lot this game, 2 or 3 times). D'Brick has been phenomenal this game as well. He looked very solid last year, not great, but solid. First game this year was bad, admittedly, but this game against the Ravens he's looked outstanding, I've specifically been watching him this game and I'm impressed. I saw one bad play, and that was against Terrell Suggs earlier in the game when he tackled Jones for a loss, but Suggs came in off the side, and so quickly, he had a perfect jump, I don't know too many people who could have stopped him to be honest. Otherwise though, D'Brick has looked great, none of the people he's blocked have so much as rushed the QB and he's looked decent in run blocking as well. He's held off speedy guys like Ray Lewis, and managed bigger guys like Ngata as well. I mean the O-Line in general didn't block the run well at all, but Brick can only do so much, I mean with less than adequate RB/TE/FB blocking protection, the Ravens just sent the blitzes every time and packed the D with quick rushers who would pressure Clemens. The Jets, and D'Brick specifically had nothing in their favor this game, they had a new, inexperienced QB who was slower to react and knew nothing about being rushed like this, D'Brick had an awful LG lined up next to him who often made him look bad (although he played very well), and the Ravens brought to many blitzers.

I think what we are lacking is a good OLB. Noone's there to rush the QB. It's not necessarily the CB's fault, if you give a professional QB the amount of time the Jets have been giving, at this level, anyone of them can pick apart any group of DB's. This is an offensive game, and CB's are automatically at a disadvantage. We need someone on the side rushing the QB, forcing him to make the interception or mistake, or even getting a sack, but since that's not coming, and Boller and Brady were never rushed to make a bad play, they've been picking us apart, and making our DB's look...well, bad. I would really like to see C.J. Mosley get some looks at DE instead of Coleman, he'd be much better at rushing the QB and eating up blockers, which would then enable Bryan Thomas to get free, but aside from that, we need someone else coming from the other side with speed, if we could pick up Suggs as a free agent, I think that would do absolute wonders for our team because our defense would honestly be that much better and the pieces would fall together, and we could focus our draft and the offensive line and getting some more play makers (something we desperately need, I'm sick of all these 3, 4, and 5 yard gains, they're doing nothing for us...
                        Last edited by nvot9; 09-16-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• man they are making it a game now..kellen's got some moxie

JUSTIN JUST DROPPED THE TYING TD...twice
                          Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-16-2007, 06:29 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• i'm leading a riot to McCareins house tonight...
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Lets see, two dropped touchdown passes, and then a bobbled TD pass the turns into an int.

I think the receivers were trying to make Clemens look bad...

Comment

• I take back what I said. The defense can step up when necessary, Clemens looked great in the second half, Cotch is back to his form of last year, Justin McCareins should just be cut immediately. I love how he gets the nickname Spiderman yet he dropped two passes. The second one wasn't exactly his fault, but that first one!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information