Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm telling you, if we can move Dewayne to DE and draft an NT our line will be very good. I think we should consider trading Sean Ellis to a team in the 4-3.
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• I completely agree about the play action Broadway, those last couple of clock milking drives were we only got FG's, i was expecting to see at least one PA call, but they were content to keep on running. Although it was satisfying to finally see some success in the run game, Penny is tied with Peyton for the best play fake in the league, and it can be a tremendous weapon with him. Hopefully this is improved upon next week.

And Nvot, i definetly agree that if we got a true NT and moved D-rob to DE our D-line would be tremendously improved, but i think Ellis is definetly a keeper. He is great in a 3-4 and a 4-3 so i think a line with D-rob and Ellis at end, and maybe Raji or Okam in the middle would be fantastic

Sig by Me

Comment

• First off the chick in the schick quatro commercial where she falls off the treadmill has an absolutely slammin body. Secondly, i know our run defense has been more than suspect, but i still think getting pressure on the QB is slightly more urgent. Trent Green had all day to throw, as did brady and boller. If they had to rush their throw or check down to the slant routes we would be able to put more in the box and then stop the run. Obviously there is a lot of things we need to do, but i feel someone who could pressure the QB, a lot like demarcus ware is doing to grossman at this very moment would cause quite the disruption, especially when u can get pressure with one player. Or draw a double team which would free up our players. Ideally atleast. Anyways, i think next weekend against the bills should be a good test of a lot of things:

Dbrick vs. Schobell - this will let us know exactly how well he as improved. He played very well this weekend against taylor and the dolphins, however as we all know he has his main problems with bullrusher type DEs.
        Lynch+Oline vs our front 7 - they have a very weak offensive line, and although i think lynch is a beast this will let us know how bad or good our line is. If lynch runs for 100+ than i will agree we may be in trouble. The pats gave up 74 yards. I think if we can keep it around that, and definately work on the screen plays than i will call it a success.
        Their recievers vs our secondary - Lee evans has something like 4 catches this year and from what i have seen there deep game hasn't been respected very much. I would like to see if our cb's can have back to back solidish games.
        I beleive their oline has given up 8 sacks so far this year and we really need to come away with 2 in my opinion for me to be happy.
        Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-23-2007, 09:50 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• who is playing QB for the bills?
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Trent Edwards but don't sleep on him I though the was a better QB coming out than Kolb, Smith, Stanton or Beck. I liked his high completion rating and his ability to play under pressure and while hurt. I think he's better than Losman anyway, but hes a rookie whatever we'll see how our D plays against him and their O
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              Trent Edwards but don't sleep on him I though the was a better QB coming out than Kolb, Smith, Stanton or Beck. I liked his high completion rating and his ability to play under pressure and while hurt. I think he's better than Losman anyway, but hes a rookie whatever we'll see how our D plays against him and their O
              HAha ya, playing under pressure is one thing those Stanford QB's all have in a common these last couple years. The Pac10 is really getting more deep as far as talent goes tho. But yes, i am looking forward to see how our D can play against their oline, it will be quite telling.

Also, i was looking at nugents stats: he kicked off six times with two of his kicks resulting in touchbacks. He has now kicked off 12 times this season with five kickoffs landing in the end zone and three resulting in touchbacks. He had only a handful of touchbacks in his entire nfl career. I like it, i just hope he doesn't get tagged in the DEA's "raw deal" investigation lol.
              Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-24-2007, 09:56 AM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                HAha ya, playing under pressure is one thing those Stanford QB's all have in a common these last couple years. The Pac10 is really getting more deep as far as talent goes tho. But yes, i am looking forward to see how our D can play against their oline, it will be quite telling.

Also, i was looking at nugents stats: he kicked off six times with two of his kicks resulting in touchbacks. He has now kicked off 12 times this season with five kickoffs landing in the end zone and three resulting in touchbacks. He had only a handful of touchbacks in his entire nfl career. I like it, i just hope he doesn't get tagged in the DEA's "raw deal" investigation lol.
                gotta love noog noog noog
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• well its 3am here in boston and i just got done studying for my biochem exam and i got to thinking how glad i am i got my work done so i could watch my jets play on sunday. I'm pretty sure i wrote a huge long thing somewhere on here as well as most people have but even tho the bills aren't a very good team this year they will be able to test us on certain aspects. I think what i will be looking for most will be how brick plays against a bigger more physical bullrusher type DE in Schobel. I also will like to see how our oline and rb's handle a pretty big defensive line. I would like to see constant pressure by our defense and atleast 2 sacks. I feel keeping lynch 80 yards or under will be a success, 80-100 will be adequate, obviously lower 80's being better than higher 90's. And anything above 100 will be unacceptable to me. THis also depends, however on the amount of carries. I don't want to see 4+ yards a carry and huge gaping runs. I would also like to see the 3rd down completion percentage of our oppenents drop. This means screens, and long pass plays; even tho evans doesn't have that many catches this year he is still a talented receiver. So basically i wanna see how our oline does and our defense as a whole. Chad and the receivers are honestly the least of my worries, rightfully so. Anyways i am predicting a 31-17 jets victory. Oh, and in reference to the thread "jets fans are crazy," i wore two green and white rubber bands on my wrist last weekend (i just like wearing things and i would lose something expensive) and i refuse to take it off until they/if they lose. I was in my bio lab and realized later that it wasn't on there i went back in the garbage and fished it out thru a bunch of things i prolly shouldnt have been touching, so ya id say we are crazy, but i think its a good thing. oh and ive listened to riding with the king 3 times today, amazing cd
                  Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-30-2007, 03:29 AM.

Comment

well its 3am here in boston and i just got done studying for my biochem exam and i got to thinking how glad i am i got my work done so i could watch my jets play on sunday. I'm pretty sure i wrote a huge long thing somewhere on here as well as most people have but even tho the bills aren't a very good team this year they will be able to test us on certain aspects. I think what i will be looking for most will be how brick plays against a bigger more physical bullrusher type DE in Schobel. I also will like to see how our oline and rb's handle a pretty big defensive line. I would like to see constant pressure by our defense and atleast 2 sacks. I feel keeping lynch 80 yards or under will be a success, 80-100 will be adequate, obviously lower 80's being better than higher 90's. And anything above 100 will be unacceptable to me. THis also depends, however on the amount of carries. I don't want to see 4+ yards a carry and huge gaping runs. I would also like to see the 3rd down completion percentage of our oppenents drop. This means screens, and long pass plays; even tho evans doesn't have that many catches this year he is still a talented receiver. So basically i wanna see how our oline does and our defense as a whole. Chad and the receivers are honestly the least of my worries, rightfully so. Anyways i am predicting a 31-17 jets victory. Oh, and in reference to the thread "jets fans are crazy," i wore two green and white rubber bands on my wrist last weekend (i just like wearing things and i would lose something expensive) and i refuse to take it off until they/if they lose. I was in my bio lab and realized later that it wasn't on there i went back in the garbage and fished it out thru a bunch of things i prolly shouldnt have been touching, so ya id say we are crazy, but i think its a good thing. oh and ive listened to riding with the king 3 times today, amazing cd
                    Agreed.

Also, the bills have worst Run D in the NFL, so if we can't get TJ going today then it's pretty obvious that the o-line needs some work

Sig by Me

Comment

• The only thing that i have liked about our team so far is our run defense, but that is becuase we constantly are having our dbacks near the line of scrimmage, which is selling out our cb's who are giving the bills recievers huge cushions. We have two sacks, but its only becuase Edwards has held on to the ball too long. We cannot get any pressure on trent edwards, and yes hes making sharp passes, but it really is annoying how we can't force him to make any eratic or very quick throws. Schobel hasn't made Dbrick look silly, which is nice but it seems as tho he doesnt dictate the fight, its more he absorbs it and just redirects him. This isn't bad, but the pocket collapses and is tough for chad to throw. This also isn't all on him, but adrian clarke as well. Our play calling has been pretty bland as well, ive yet to see a play-action called in any of the games ive been watching, which is really starting to bother me. A lot of times we've gotten to 2nd and short and i felt was a perfect opportunity. Anyways, if i havn't mentioned that our lack of pass rush is obnoxious ill say it again.

haha finally some play action. And yes, the big Olineman are manhandeling Drob; he was compeltely pushed of the point of attack on the td to lynch, which opened up the cutback lane.

i have to retract that; dbrick is struggeling against schobel. now two holding penalties

we just lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl...
                      Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 09-30-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• That one hurt.

That missed field goal at half time really came back to bite us.

The last INT hurt, but when your put in a position like that, its going to be hard not to make a mistake. We really shouldn't have put ourselves in this position.

Comment

• That is such a bad loss, how the **** did we screw that one up. Our D was so incredibly bad that whole game. There was actually not one hurry the whole game. I'm dead serious, Edwards wasn't hurried once. The O didn't even played bad, the D was just god awful. And this was against a bottom 3 offense in the league mind you. Mangini has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn this around.

Here's to a top 10 pick boys

Sig by Me

Comment

The only thing that i have liked about our team so far is our run defense, but that is becuase we constantly are having our dbacks near the line of scrimmage, which is selling out our cb's who are giving the bills recievers huge cushions. We have two sacks, but its only becuase Edwards has held on to the ball too long. We cannot get any pressure on trent edwards, and yes hes making sharp passes, but it really is annoying how we can't force him to make any eratic or very quick throws. Schobel hasn't made Dbrick look silly, which is nice but it seems as tho he doesnt dictate the fight, its more he absorbs it and just redirects him. This isn't bad, but the pocket collapses and is tough for chad to throw. This also isn't all on him, but adrian clarke as well. Our play calling has been pretty bland as well, ive yet to see a play-action called in any of the games ive been watching, which is really starting to bother me. A lot of times we've gotten to 2nd and short and i felt was a perfect opportunity. Anyways, if i havn't mentioned that our lack of pass rush is obnoxious ill say it again.

haha finally some play action. And yes, the big Olineman are manhandeling Drob; he was compeltely pushed of the point of attack on the td to lynch, which opened up the cutback lane.

i have to retract that; dbrick is struggeling against schobel. now two holding penalties

we just lost to one of the worst teams in the nfl...
                            One of the penalties was absolute ********. D'Brick gave up 3 sacks to Schobel in one game last year, today, I didn't see Schobel make one play in the backfield let alone record a sack. I watched D'Brick every play, and saw some him man handle Schobel on a few plays. Granted, some he was pushed back a little as well, he kept his footwork down pat and stayed in front of Schobel. I hope this game ended the criticism towards him, I'm sick of hearing people knock D'Brick. He's now pretty much dominated one of the NFL's fastest pass rushers and one of the strongest pass rushers, who had a combined 27.5 sacks last year, and D'Brick held them BOTH to 0 this year.

Revis had a rough game, but he was picked on a lot, and didn't look awful to be honest, I saw some nice things still. Him and Harris are going to be two very good players for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                              That is such a bad loss, how the **** did we screw that one up. Our D was so incredibly bad that whole game. There was actually not one hurry the whole game. I'm dead serious, Edwards wasn't hurried once. The O didn't even played bad, the D was just god awful. And this was against a bottom 3 offense in the league mind you. Mangini has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn this around.

Here's to a top 10 pick boys
                              7 points through the first 3.5 quarters against the worst statistical defense with half of their starters injured and the offense didn't play bad?

This whole team is just awful. We were disillusioned by last year. There's virtually no talent on this team. It's still a rebuilding process.

I honestly think that Pennington will only be starting for one more week. If (when) we lose to the giants...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post
                                7 points through the first 3.5 quarters against the worst statistical defense with half of their starters injured and the offense didn't play bad?

This whole team is just awful. We were disillusioned by last year. There's virtually no talent on this team. It's still a rebuilding process.

I honestly think that Pennington will only be starting for one more week. If (when) we lose to the giants...
                                Cotchery is fantastic, Vilma is a stud, Coles can make nearly every catch, Leon Washington is an excellent change of pace player who gets extra yardage, Revis and Harris look to be very solid, Rhodes is a pro-bowl caliber S, Coleman is a very good S too..I wouldn't say we don't have any talent. I'd more say that we don't have talent at the mainly important positions...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information