Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that if we could get a first for penny, then we should do the deal, but that isn't very likely at all

Sig by Me

Comment

• Just read Jason Shirley has been suspended indefinitely for violating undisclosed school rules so there goes another NT prospect...Sam Adams at 65 years of age is looking better and better by the day...come one hes 370 pounds!
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• He was suspended indefinitely after being arrested for driving under the influence and crashing into an apartment complex. He still will enter the draft becuase he is a senior, but I guess thats not really the type of person we want on our team?? Anyways, about the chad question. I don't think you keep the locker room together by trading away everybody's best friend; I would make the trade as it would prove to be extremely beneficial if we could land a 1st rounder. Mangini won't bench chad, I doubt he'll trade him. THe only way i see that ever come to fruition would be if carolina is the one who offers the big trade.

Edit: I can't remember if I read it on here or in the paper somewheres. It was rumored that sometime in preseason there was a list rolling around in the jets FO that listed the players from 1 - 56 or whatever, in order of there value i beleive. Apparantly Drob was right near the top. I just have this feeling that we aren't parting ways with drob anytime soon. The more i think about it the more i really liked that tyson jackson pick, or a pick along those lines. I think if one of the DEs can occupy the double team that will allow drob do penetrate and use his quickness and explosiveness. This would only be a stop gap until the following year when the true NTs come out like Rajji or the kid from michigan.

BRad, I kinda took your flow chart idea with the run blocking in order to explain the problems to my buddy. I added a little bit to explain how it could be helped;

-CHad has the inability to throw down field. Hes in the very low percentage of anything throws over 20 yards etc.
        -This causes defenses to be able to play closer to the line of scrimmage.
        -this causes the run to be stuffed
        -that leads to like u said one dimensional play calling from our team, becuase our running is inept. As well as the play calling from the opp. defenses to be pretty focused in on the short passing game of our offense.

I was explaining to him that it could be helped in a number of ways. I only explained two of the ways; both rely on fixing one aspect of the offense and it having a huge trickle down effect.

Replace chad with kellen, or any other QB with a big arm. If you have a qb that takes shots down field; and by that i mean multiple routes in the 20 yard range as well as a few 30+ just to keep them honest. Now, even if you dont complete them the teams will still have to have that idea in the back of their heads. Granted, if you have completed 1 out of 20 it doesn't play that big of a role, but for our sake lets assume kellen complets a decent percentage. The defense is no longer allowed to stack the box, we assume our running game gets off the ground, which leads to play action and more diverse play calling. This however, seems too easy. That's becuase it is. With chad we know we have high completion percentage, smarts and generally good decisions. If we have a qb with a strong arm who doesn't know how to read defenses and extremely innacurate, than we really are just gaining in one area and losing in another. Itd be like sticking grossman in our offense. (he can make all the throws, but he makes terrible decisions) Anyways im getting away from the point. But we can see that having a stronger arm has an affect on other aspects of the game.

#2. If we keep the QB the same, but just beef up the oline. Say we add Jammal Brown, Steve Hutchinson and Logan Mankins; this would definately open up holes and cutback lanes for TJ and leon. This would make chads play action much more affective and thus it makes teams have to honor the pass and the run. It opens up our play calling, while still allowing chad to do his thing. Granted the ideal would be to have a strong armed, game manager with a good oline and running game but not everyone can be the pats. The point is tho, that we can increase our running game passing game in different ways and the outcome is still relatively the same. So like you said it can't all be put on chad. Some of it? Of course, he is the starting qb and team leader. But if he had more help up front would we be having this huge debate? I think its tough to tell.

and wow sorry for how long guys. I figure we have a new post or two every couple days so take your time with it haha.
        Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 10-11-2007, 08:42 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Back in New York for the weekend and my father got some some tickets for the game this weekend. Pretty excited, since it's been the first Jets game I went to since they played the Texans in 04.

Comment

• Even though I'm disgusted with the way we're playing, I am getting a huge positive out of the way Vilma has played. Bloody brilliant. I'm so happy we didn't trade him, and we better not.

Comment

• by far the best game from our defense as a whole (not including that first td where smith took an aweful angle of pursuit) and TJ/Oline. Besides that, chads inability to get us into the endzone and mangini's play calling on 3-1 and 4-1 made me sick.

Another int, and it was just completely underthrown. Yes, there were plays we could have made; coles missed one etc. but the point is, chad just cannot get us into the endzone. We intercepted the ball in the red zone and could only put 3 up.

HOW do we QB sneak on 3-1, when it was a very long 1, instead of pound the ball with TJ. He had been running the ball so well, how can you not trust him to get 2 yards on 2 downs. That right there is absolutely terrible play calling.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Was any1 at the game? I was there and 2 big fights broke out next to my section and in the level below me... It was the bright spot of the game for Jets fans.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  Was any1 at the game? I was there and 2 big fights broke out next to my section and in the level below me... It was the bright spot of the game for Jets fans.
                  I was at the game and saw two fights. It doesn't even seem humanly possible that some of these Jet fans can be this stupid. I am always suprised by some of the moronic behavior / comments on playcalling I hear and see. It really pisses me off when I see parents having to leave the game or move temporarly during a game to sheild their children away from two drunk idiots.

Also, we have the ball on the 4 yard line, 2nd and 1 and we can't convert. TERRIBLE

I mean, really really bad.

Comment

• After todays game i see no reason why Clemens won't be starting next week

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                      After todays game i see no reason why Clemens won't be starting next week
                      Does, 'because Mangini said so' qualify?

:(

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post

i dont wanna hate on mangini, but he is being way to loyal to chad. and that 3-1 and 4-1 call, when it was clearly a long 1 almost 2 yards, i dont understand how u dont trust ut oline and workhouse to pick up those yards, especially after the performance they have been having. I think that right there just shows them that he doesn't even enough faith in them to pick up the yards in the normal smash mouth football type of way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031 View Post

That just doesn't make sense (not you, mangini)

Sig by Me

Comment

• This is what happens when youre losing...mistakes are amplified and things that are already weaknesses become more apparent to the teams you face.
                            The Play calling was the worst Ive ever seen it on offense. Look at the tape and anytime we got any sort of long pass play 9+yards and on bigger running plays we just said okay draw to the left and got stuffed. If fans know the play calling tendancies than what do other coacches know. I'm very surprised we didn'rt score from the 4. I hated the calls and wanted them to pass earlier. I have a feeling Mangini has sacked this season. we'd have to go 9-1 the rest of the way to make the playoffs and if were really lucky 8-2. If he starts Chad he gives Clemens more time to groove himself into a true starter. Im all for playing young QBs but not if it will be a hinderance to their progress as opposed to developing and I think we can win SOME games with Chad.

I can really seet his happening...The Jets keep Chad next season (as a backup...his salary is incentive based so he makes like 1.5 base then bonuses which makes this feasible)...Clemens play well and people say why didn't he start earlier and Mangini attributes it to his sitting and development and makes himself look like a genius again...Im pretty sure Chad is starting next week against a horrible Bengals D and if the season goes completely aft astray sometime soon I can see Clemens come in.

After yesterdays game I realized even for clemens we need a BIG reciever so a high ball doesnt kill him. LC is so athletic and goes up to get balls which put him at risk but if some sailing balls went to a bigger WR then I think it would be beneficial to a one dimensional WR core who can be defensed with one game plan as opposed to teams with diverse players like the Patriots who have Stallworth great at YAC MOss deep threat Welker possesion/YAC and so on (both LC and JC have good hands but aren't burners but they are great at YAC and in the open field, we need a multifaceted attack)

Bright spots: Not many
                            -Defense looked better but not great I noticed all game they just got bullied around at the point of attack...Still LBs played better and Kenyon Coleman is a real 3-4 DE.
                            -Every season there is a team that is so close to winning but loses a lot. The next season it's those types of teams who (if they can make some adjustments) people say well they were in everygame they played last year and since improvements a b and c happened they've gotten over the hump and are a contender. (Hopefully, that pertains to us)
                            Last edited by hcbrad08; 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM.
                            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I don't see how starting Chad over Clemens would equate to more wins. Honestly, I think if Clemens played that game you come away with a W.

And theres no experience like in game experience. Clemens sat a year already, and has shown that he can get into the game and play well. He doesn't get rattled. Heck, he stuck it to the Ravens defense in his first start. He's ready. Now all he needs is some game experience, and this is the perfect season to give it to him.

Starting a qb for the first time for an entire season often leads to growing pains. Its better to give him his growing pains now, during a season thats already lost, then come out swinging next year. Why ruin 2 years? I respect Chad alot, but its time to end the loyalty.

The Clemens era needs to start sooner, not later.

And while the playcalling was bad, Chad definately plays a role in that. You simply can't call some plays because of his arm. The Philly defense said themselves that they challenged him to throw deep all game and he couldn't do it. Chad is holding this team back. Bottomline. I have no doubt in my mind had Clemens started this season you would have at least 3 wins this season.

Comment

• I thought the Redskins waited too long to start Jason Campbell era, but they finally did it last season and it's paying off now (although I would have liked Campbell to have had more experience to benefit him now).

I think Kellen Clemens is a very good quarterback prospect, honestly, it's his time. Especially with two very talented receivers in Coles and Cotchery, it's disappointing that Cotchery can't fully flourish and attack defenses as long as Pennington is his quarterback. If they can draft a tight end this year, with athleticism and speed to help their young quarterback, and address the offensive line, the Jets offense could become very potent.

The Jets are fine at runningback with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information