Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Point on Weis but I think Belichick has shown he can win without Weis but not necc the other way around...I just think the Patriots are the perfect team, they could replace anybody if they went down and still win a lot...yes that includes Tommy Brady.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Good point about Charlie, and although 1-9 is absolutely inexcusable (does that word look off to anyone else?? haha) I feel when he gets his first real recruiting class he will show that he is a great head coach. I say first real, just becuase I really don't think he had the full amount of time to recruit what with the superbowl preperation and all.

Anyways, I found it quite shocking the jets finally admitted what knee it was of vilmas, but I wish they would say the type of surgery. I feel that we should move him, because if rumors are correct (that is a big IF) and he is unhappy with playing in NY than I would like to atleast get something out of him.

Lastly, on the whole brady being a douche. Living in boston has its advantages being a NY fan sometimes. You get to see and hear of all the dick things that boston sports players do first hand. Like one, i get to see Wiley Mo get constantly turned down by ladies at the Bar at PF Changs. (he is also a dick of a tipper and just not a pleasant person) You get to hear from friends who are in the medical profession that brady is a ***** to people; one story among a few that i have "they were running two a days and sleeping on the cots inside the gym and brady called over a young trainer and asked him to go fetch him a blanket because he was cold. In which players looked awry at him and i forget who but someone called him a dick and he just laughed."

I also have heard that rodney harrison, bruschi and seymour are real nice guys and treat all the trainers with a lot of respect. (now im not saying brady doesn't have his good days, but the majority of things ive heard have been hes kind of a pompous ass)

I know first hand that papi is a great tipper, always tips 100% of the bill and is always smiling, laughing and welcoming to everyone.

And for those yankee fans - looks like arod might be coming back. can't say that i am dissapointed!

edit: I have never once heard a bad thing about a boston hockey player. Or really any other hockey player for that matter. Besides the occasional gambling ring, you really don't hear too often of players getting arrested at night clubs for "making it rain," punching strippers, dealing drugs, having posession of drugs, using steroids, domestic abuse etc. Now, it could very well be that I just dont pay attention to hockey, but I never see anything on PTI or sportscenter about hockey player drama. *disregarding bertuzzi.* I wish all the sports could be like that and than we could have a show solely dedicated to sports performances besides off the field actions.
      Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 11-14-2007, 10:47 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
        Good point about Charlie, and although 1-9 is absolutely inexcusable (does that word look off to anyone else?? haha) I feel when he gets his first real recruiting class he will show that he is a great head coach. I say first real, just becuase I really don't think he had the full amount of time to recruit what with the superbowl preperation and all.
        Agreed about Weis. His third recruiting class are the kids who are true freshmen now (Clausen, Allen, Tate, etc). That class had 13, four or five star recruits. Many of which start or see significant playing time already. Charlie's second recruiting class, true sophmores on the team (Young, Aldridge, etc) had 12, four or five star recruits. Charlie's first class, true juniors on the team, had only 2 four star recruits. Mainly because, like you said, he had no time to put it together because was coaching in the Super Bowl. T Willingham's last class also had only 2 four star recruits as well. Very little of anyone in that class plays at all. I expect Charlie to turn around ND. I expect to see a lot of improvement next year. And Weis has the number one overall class coming in next year, a total of 17 four or five star recruits.

Comment

• I loved what they did with Ellis today, playing him as a DE off the line and an OLB on occasion was brilliant, and got him 2 sacks. Ellis should play sort of a Kiwanuka like role...

I think Dewayne needs to be moved to DE, he can eat two blockers and occasionally rush the passer (get like 5-8 sacks a year) like we saw him do today, with a platoon of Bowens, Coleman, Robertson, and Ellis at DE, I think we'd be real solid rushing the passer and eating blocks, I think we can then look for a real run stuffing NT.
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
            I loved what they did with Ellis today, playing him as a DE off the line and an OLB on occasion was brilliant, and got him 2 sacks. Ellis should play sort of a Kiwanuka like role...

I think Dewayne needs to be moved to DE, he can eat two blockers and occasionally rush the passer (get like 5-8 sacks a year) like we saw him do today, with a platoon of Bowens, Coleman, Robertson, and Ellis at DE, I think we'd be real solid rushing the passer and eating blocks, I think we can then look for a real run stuffing NT.
            I agree with everything you said there, i would like to see D-rob make a full time switch to DE

Sig by Me

Comment

• today is one of those days where i am extremely happy to be a Jets fan.

Beating the Patriots is the one thing that would make my life

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Winning is absolutely infectious. I agree with everything said so far on this board. 1) I loved seeing what they did with ellis having him play off the line like that. I would really like to see how they fair for the rest of the season if they continue to run the defense they did today. Is it more of a one gap 3-4 defense as opposed to a two gap? 2) Bowens had a big impact, especially when he absolutely drilled bigben on that one fumble. 3) Our defense did a very good job of preventing him from getting outside the pocket and converting those 3'rd and really long they have been known for doing.

this is the first sunday in a while i am going to be going to bed happy haha. And i second what TGJV said; if we did somehow actually beat the pats it would legit make my year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• That game was awesome. I am so glad I spent the time to watch them today.

Now 2-8 in my pick ' ems with for Jets.....

Comment

• I know it was a good win and the Def played well BUT (and it is a big one) putting Ellis at OLB is not a permanent option at all...That system we saw was a pure run stopping system that could get after the QB bc the Steelers are dependent on the run...Also, we need more of a puree OLB pass rusher and in coverage bc even though we got pressure it was after a good while at times...a few were coverage sacks. Great Secondary play today IMO except for a couple of plays but no team can say that doesn't happen to them... I think for running teams that version of a 5-2 which is what it was the Pats ran is a lot last year will be effective but we need a more stable34 that can conver to a 52 or 43 base (and 43 cover 2) or 46

good win we all knew the Jets were capabale of it it was a matter of playing 60 minute not 45...We legit could be 7-3
                    Last edited by hcbrad08; 11-19-2007, 12:32 AM.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                      I know it was a good win and the Def played well BUT (and it is a big one) putting Ellis at OLB is not a permanent option at all...That system we saw was a pure run stopping system that could get after the QB bc the Steelers are dependent on the run...Also, we need more of a puree OLB pass rusher and in coverage bc even though we got pressure it was after a good while at times...a few were coverage sacks. Great Secondary play today IMO except for a couple of plays but no team can say that doesn't happen to them... I think for running teams that version of a 5-2 which is what it was the Pats ran is a lot last year will be effective but we need a more stable34 that can conver to a 52 or 43 base (and 43 cover 2) or 46

good win we all knew the Jets were capabale of it it was a matter of playing 60 minute not 45...We legit could be 7-3
                      I agree with everything said here. Also somebody mentioned Bowens in a DE rotation and I definitely don't see that. Just a great game to see that we could actually scheme for a team and execute the gameplan. The best thing is that it shows us that we really are capable of being a very good team in the AFC with a few more players. We aren't there quite yet, but if we make some solid personnel moves we could make a big step forwards next year (with the easier schedule) and more importantly continue to play well the next year with a more difficult schedule. Definitely a very good game and I was pleased with our performance.

Comment

• I mentioned bowens becuase when they said his name today it wasn't so much in a negative conotation. The game plan was solid and executed quite well. And i agree that if we come away with anything in this draft it must be an OLB that can rush the QB and drop in coverage. Ideally he'd be great against the run, but no ones perfect.

I really liked seing chris baker have a bigger role in the offense, the guy has very solid hands. However, one thing that is becoming a big need to me is WR. There were a few dropped balls as well as some poor routes that were run. I know brad smith still is learning the position and is a hell of an athlete and cotchery is a great #2 but when coles has been out, it has seemed we lack a definate go to guy. Still a great game tho, definately looking forward to how the rest of the year plays out.

Comment

• I don't think we need another #1 I think we need a different type of attack someone huge 6'6'' type...Marcus Monk Arkansas (he'll be a great value pick) check out my LOOOONG post in the What Positions are we Drafting Thread

Comment

• good game yesterday, im still embarrassed by the way my team played

but congrats and good win regardless

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              I don't think we need another #1 I think we need a different type of attack someone huge 6'6'' type...Marcus Monk Arkansas (he'll be a great value pick) check out my LOOOONG post in the What Positions are we Drafting Thread
                              I saw it, and I've been enfatuated with marcus monk ever since i saw that he was 6'6 last year. I didn't mean that we needed to get a 1st round type of receiver, but just someone that we can rely on to catch the ball in critical situations. It seemed when coles wasn't in the game we didn't have a go to guy who is gonna get 10 looks a game.

And thanks to HWjr. Hopefully this lights a fire under your guys and they beat the pats. I don't think i'll be able to deal with the people in this city if they go 19-0. Which is why last night i was in a great mood when the jets won, celtics lost and the revolution lost hah. Call my petty, but i dont care haha.

Comment

• I'm shocked by the way the defense played. Ellis was a beast and D-Rob was great at getting to the QB. Maybe they've got something in having Ellis line up at OLB on occasion. Also, I've been very impressed with Clemens ability in the 2-minute offense. His poise is impressive and in every one of his starts he's lead the Jets to game tying drives (including the B-More game and most of you probably know why). For such a young player he's already proving to be very clutch.

One thing I have to mention, I saw some posts giving Robertson props for showing that he can be effective in the 3-4 and maybe get moved to DE. I didn't see that at all. What he showed me was that he can be a good UT in a 4-3 defense with the right pieces around him. He still didn't do anything that a 3-4 lineman is supposed to do. I still saw him get pushed back way to much, he didn't really draw any double teams, and he didn't clog the middle. The run defense as a team was great, but I don't think he was a huge part of that. He's good at getting penetration, but I think most of us knew that already. He's terrible at eating up blockers and that's the #1 job of a 3-4 lineman. I'm hoping he has a couple games like this that showcase his 4-3 potential and we can get solid value for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information