Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
    Don't forget Revis' 14 passes defensed, which ties him for the rookie lead with Leon Hall and Tanard Jackson. You guys got two stars in the making in Harris and Revis.
    ahh yes i shouldnt have missed that.

    As much as I love Mangold, how good would it be to have Haloti Ngata as our NT? He is an absolute presence out there.

    Also, it is nice seeing mcgahee torch a team besides us for once. He is running like an absolute animal right now. And does anyone notice when brady gets a little dirt on his uniform he starts to have a hissy fit.

    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
      ahh yes i shouldnt have missed that.

      As much as I love Mangold, how good would it be to have Haloti Ngata as our NT? He is an absolute presence out there.

      Also, it is nice seeing mcgahee torch a team besides us for once. He is running like an absolute animal right now. And does anyone notice when brady gets a little dirt on his uniform he starts to have a hissy fit.
      I dunno how we would've gotten Ngata as opposed to Mangold? If I'm correct Ngata was either just after the top 10 (11?) or barely in the top 10, Mangold was a very late first rounder, 29 maybe?

      And Brady's just a little girl and a cocky...insert whatever you want there I'm not gonna avoid the censors but there were about 5 things that went through my head in the first couple seconds I was trying to decide what to write.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        I dunno how we would've gotten Ngata as opposed to Mangold? If I'm correct Ngata was either just after the top 10 (11?) or barely in the top 10, Mangold was a very late first rounder, 29 maybe?

        And Brady's just a little girl and a cocky...insert whatever you want there I'm not gonna avoid the censors but there were about 5 things that went through my head in the first couple seconds I was trying to decide what to write.
        I wasn't really thinking I guess; i'm assuming i was thinking trading up for ngata like we were talking about doing for either cutler or leinhart? i forget which one..anyways, I was more speculating at how amaizing it would be to have him. And I know the feeling about brady; I know I am gonna have to wake up tommorrow morning and deal with this GD city.


        Edit; I am official depressed. I'm gonna hope that big ben and the steelers can power run the ball and run those crossing routes (i pray santonio holmes will be playing) and their defense smashes them in the mouth. Because i don't trust the jets and certainly dont trust the dolphins to beat them. And i've refused to trust the giants ever again, no matter how well they are or arne't playing.
        Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-04-2007, 02:15 AM.

        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

        Comment


        • Pats game was unbelievably depressing last night.

          On an interesting side note, toonster (who I have a tremendous respect for) has us taking Kentwan Balmer at #4 in his most recent mock. He'd play DE in our scheme at around 6'5 (possibly 6'4) and 295ish. Supposedly he's been a monster this season at times, coming out of UNC. Intriguing pick although he'd have to be the kind of guy that would fly up in pre-draft workouts. Not sure if it happens and I don't really like the pick that high, but it brings him to attention and he's certainly a guy to follow thorugh postseason workouts and All-Star games.

          Comment


          • Anyone see CLE lose this week because a force out wasn't (according to many) called? I was hoping we could repay them in that way after what happened last year.

            Jets can win this game. I think they can also beat TEN and KC....

            Ok I am being EXTREMELY optimistic but I still think its possible! 6 wins is not out of the question! Would love to end this season on a good note.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
              Anyone see CLE lose this week because a force out wasn't (according to many) called? I was hoping we could repay them in that way after what happened last year.

              Jets can win this game. I think they can also beat TEN and KC....

              Ok I am being EXTREMELY optimistic but I still think its possible! 6 wins is not out of the question! Would love to end this season on a good note.
              Honestly, I want them to win, but I'm going to cry if I have to go through this pathetic of a season and not at least get a top 5 pick to go with it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                Honestly, I want them to win, but I'm going to cry if I have to go through this pathetic of a season and not at least get a top 5 pick to go with it.
                That is a pretty hypocritical statement right there. These players are prospects, nothing more.

                I think at one point, hate to admit it, I actually got upset when the Jets won their last game in 06. I never felt worse as a fan when I realized that I would rather want them to lose then win.

                I'll take 6 wins over 3 wins any day year.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                  That is a pretty hypocritical statement right there. These players are prospects, nothing more.

                  I think at one point, hate to admit it, I actually got upset when the Jets won their last game in 06. I never felt worse as a fan when I realized that I would rather want them to lose then win.

                  I'll take 6 wins over 3 wins any day year.
                  I'm with you here. The big thing here is that ending the season winning 5 of 7 bodes really well for going into next season. Obviously it's not a guarantee that we would win those games, but I would easily take take 3 wins out of our next 4 over a top 5 pick any day of the week. Helps build a winning attitude here, gives Clemens and the rest of our young guys some confidence going into next season...If it's starting the season 6-2 and losing out that's one thing, but winning towards the end of the season is very good. And beyond that, outside of Chris Long (who could very well be gone by our pick anyways) there aren't a ton of guys that are great fits for us top 5 anyways. Less important than the fact that it builds momentum heading into next year, but I would definitely take wins in any of our games the rest of this year.

                  Comment


                  • I too saw the pick of Kentwan Balmer and as I havn't seen or heard anything about him besides on draft websites (and my buddy at UNC who runs XC there says hes enormous and has a really long neck) but he seems like a pick a 3-4 team could reach for as a DE due to his supposed speed, but I don't see a 4-3 team reaching for him as a DT just yet, but that is all just speculation as I have never seen him. I just mention that, becuase atleast carricker was getting talked about a lot on espn and by sports pundits, but really i have no opinion haha..One good thing that can come from the rising of players such as Balmer and Langford, it gives us a better chance of getting one of them or possibly Dre Moore if he seems a better fit for our team. Basically, the talent depth of our positions of need are great. I still hope we will acquire a few more first day picks some how.


                    Anyways, regarding our last 4 games; I too admit there was a time in 06 where I was absolutely in love with Mario Williams and was upset when we won, but then I too realized i felt dirty for it. Nothing bad ever comes from winning (i think i made this one post about saying the only time i would ever be upset about losing a game was if it was the difference in the #1 pick and there was a 6'7 240 reciever who runs a legit sub 4.3 forty, has hands of glue and runs perfect routes with 0 injury history was draftable)...ok thats a drastic hyperbole, but i just wanted to make the point that nothing bad comes from winning. Besides possibly long, i dont think theres a dropoff in talent from the 3rdish pick to say the 8th pick.

                    Anyways, I expect cleveland to come out focused and ready to play considering they just lost, are well coached and can make the playoffs. It should be a good game and will be a matter of whether our offense can keep up with their scoring.

                    Ad for the pats, I just want to play them closely, however it would make my year to beat them, but i really just want to play them competitively. We can compete with the titans and beat the chiefs. I feel if we end the season on a win, while playing the last 4 games competitively, we will have some momentum.
                    Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-05-2007, 01:31 AM.

                    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                    Comment


                    • http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._footwork.html

                      good article on what clemens needs to work on (talks about his drops and how he needs to be more precise for the blocking scheme to be effective something Pennington was always good at so maybe he can learn from him)...also rumors that we may have a new D coordinator next season Rob Ryan anyone?
                      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                      Comment


                      • I for one would love Rob Ryan, the raiders' defense is a little dissapointing this year after having been a top 5ish defense last year, but i feel that is more player related than coaching related.

                        I beleive he was the linebackers coach for NE for 4 years?? so he obviously knows about the 3-4, but is that his forte? Other than that he seems like he's a good motivator, hes got a great pedigree and he has amazing hair.

                        Oh ya, and just replacing Sutton would be a place.

                        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                          That is a pretty hypocritical statement right there. These players are prospects, nothing more.

                          I think at one point, hate to admit it, I actually got upset when the Jets won their last game in 06. I never felt worse as a fan when I realized that I would rather want them to lose then win.

                          I'll take 6 wins over 3 wins any day year.
                          It's not hypocritical at all. As a fan, I want what is best for my team. Since we can no longer make the playoffs, I want them to have the highest pick possible. Honestly, right now we're tied with three other teams for third. If we were playing against one of them, I can't say I wouldn't hope that we would lose the game.

                          Yes, they're all prospects, but hell, we could even trade down, and when you're in the top 5, you can get a hell of a lot for a trade down.

                          Everyone always says "you hope for your team to win every week or you're not a fan", but that's BS. I hope for the best possible future for my team. If their future would be better if they lose a game, I want them to lose the game.

                          edit*

                          Well, aside from going winless. If I had a choice between going winless and having the first pick, or 1-15 and having second, I'd go 1-15.

                          Comment


                          • Just as a point, a trade down from the top 5 isn't likely because top 5 trades rarely happen. Also, it's different at this point with Clemens starting because getting our QB of the future at this point some confidence so he (and the rest of the team) can have some momentum heading into next season would be huge. So as much as having some nice picks are good for the future, not damaging the psyche of Clemens is important for the future as well.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                              It's not hypocritical at all. As a fan, I want what is best for my team. Since we can no longer make the playoffs, I want them to have the highest pick possible. Honestly, right now we're tied with three other teams for third. If we were playing against one of them, I can't say I wouldn't hope that we would lose the game.

                              Yes, they're all prospects, but hell, we could even trade down, and when you're in the top 5, you can get a hell of a lot for a trade down.

                              Everyone always says "you hope for your team to win every week or you're not a fan", but that's BS. I hope for the best possible future for my team. If their future would be better if they lose a game, I want them to lose the game.

                              Building a good team through the draft has nothing to do with where you draft but drafting smart.

                              edit*

                              Well, aside from going winless. If I had a choice between going winless and having the first pick, or 1-15 and having second, I'd go 1-15.
                              Contrary to what you believe, losing doesn't help the team in anyway that would be better then winning. Saying you woulden't want the to go down in history as the team who went 0-16 while having the the first over being 1-15 and getting the second isn't saying much either.

                              Also, draft position really has nothing to do with building a good team. I mean this is obvious when you look back on drafts and see players who were drafted much later and turned out to be better.
                              Last edited by AlexDown; 12-06-2007, 03:13 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone else see how Leon is only 6th in fan voting right now in the AFC and wes welker is #1 lol. I know fan voting only counts for a third of the pro bowl vote, but how can people be that ignorant. I mean if not leon than cribbs.

                                "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information