Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i do not think Raji would not be a top 2 rounder bc he has been out of football for a year I saw a report saying if he declared hed be a 4th to 5th rounder. January 15th 2008 is the last day to declare
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
      i do not think Raji would not be a top 2 rounder bc he has been out of football for a year I saw a report saying if he declared hed be a 4th to 5th rounder. January 15th 2008 is the last day to declare
      Yaa, i thought about it and realized i was a bit overzealous saying hed be a day one sure thing. I just didn't really take into consideration as much as i should have him not playing for a year (i also am not sure if he was able to train with the team or not); now is he able to still go to the combine even though he didnt play this year?

I still would like the jets to make a push at Sam Adams for atleast a stop gap until the NTs of next year come out, and possibly take a late round flier on Frank Morton. I'd like to trade Drob, but it doesn't mean we have to. We can, like people have said before, use him on passing downs and third downs. Granted he would be a very expensive situational player.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        Contrary to what you believe, losing doesn't help the team in anyway that would be better then winning. Saying you woulden't want the to go down in history as the team who went 0-16 while having the the first over being 1-15 and getting the second isn't saying much either.

Also, draft position really has nothing to do with building a good team. I mean this is obvious when you look back on drafts and see players who were drafted much later and turned out to be better.
        Wow, I was so wrong. Tom Brady was drafted late, lets just trade away our first day, since there's obviously no difference at all.

Give me a break. Yes, being drafted higher doesn't mean that you'll be better, but having a higher pick means you can look at everyone and not have to worry about them being gone. Seriously, I can't believe someone on a goddamn draft website needs to be told how much better it is to be picking at 3 then at 10.

Comment

• Raji would have to be invited to the combine and his pro day would be sketchy considering he IS NOT allowed to practice with the team although he is allowed to work out and do film study. But knowing the craziness that is the real college football scene, I bet he does more than he is allowed and BC turns the other way. I wouldn't mind getting a guy in a late round like Kory Robertson from Va tech who is 6'2.5'' and 335 just to see if he could be a younger cheaper and perhaps more permanent solution than sam adams. But that is just for camp and I would prob sign adams for camp to see the best options.
          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
            Wow, I was so wrong. Tom Brady was drafted late, lets just trade away our first day, since there's obviously no difference at all.

Give me a break. Yes, being drafted higher doesn't mean that you'll be better, but having a higher pick means you can look at everyone and not have to worry about them being gone. Seriously, I can't believe someone on a goddamn draft website needs to be told how much better it is to be picking at 3 then at 10.
            No need to get all upset.

When it comes down to it, losing doesn't help the team. I'm guessing you still don't understand that, but it really isn't that hard to comprehend.

Picking 3 is a lot better then picking 10, I never said it wasn't. I simply said that I wouldn't want to watch the Jets lose all the remaining games when they are eliminated from the playoff race. This is where you and I differ. Where you pick in the draft has no correlation to being able to build a good team through the draft, so I don't know why you might be upset if we dropped out of the top 5.
            Last edited by AlexDown; 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              Yea like I said it's kind of a crazy move unless you have a great C coming out but I don't see that. How do you guys see the LG situation working out? I have more confidence the RT position will be upgraded. I'm sincerely worried about LG I think Kendall was and whoever ends up there will be the glue and a big part of whether Mangold and Brick reach their TRUE potential (which is high).

LG? Thoughts?
              RT? Thoughts?

Alan Faneca is going to be a free agent. I don't say this very often, but unless he is franchised, I think the Jets have to sign him. If the Jets could sign Faneca and draft a RT in round two or three, I'd be very happy. Even if it meant giving Faneca a 50 million dollar contract. Imagine the Jets OL going from bad to great overnight.

*dreams*
              Last edited by Crickett; 12-08-2007, 01:05 AM.

Comment

No need to get all upset.

When it comes down to it, losing doesn't help the team. I'm guessing you still don't understand that, but it really isn't that hard to comprehend.

Picking 3 is a lot better then picking 10, I never said it wasn't. I simply said that I wouldn't want to watch the Jets lose all the remaining games when they are eliminated from the playoff race. This is where you and I differ. Where you pick in the draft has no correlation to being able to build a good team through the draft, so I don't know why you might be upset if we dropped out of the top 5.
                I wouldn't mind watching the Jets lose the last two games if it meant they could get an elite prospect. But this year is different. I wrote something that I'm waiting for the right time to post discussing why I don't feel available who is worth the fourth pick (Run DMC, Jake Long, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, various QB's) would help the Jets.

For the first time, I'm hoping the Jets get a lower draft position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  I wouldn't mind watching the Jets lose the last two games if it meant they could get an elite prospect. But this year is different. I wrote something that I'm waiting for the right time to post discussing why I don't feel available who is worth the fourth pick (Run DMC, Jake Long, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, various QB's) would help the Jets.

For the first time, I'm hoping the Jets get a lower draft position.
                  I'm with you completely here, I think that's right on the money. I do think that this year is a little different with a young QB who could lose a little confidence if we lose, but regardless I think higher draft position isn't going to help us all that much. And if you disagree, don't give me "we could always trade down from a top 5 pick" because top 5 pick trades never happen since the picks are worth so much. Easier said than done. Doesn't really seem like any of those guys are great fits for us though.

Comment

• I was reading an article during my break from studying for finals and came across a pretty interesting stat;

Span TDA Ints Sacks Y/P
                    First 9 Games: 6 5 5 6.5
                    Last 3 Games : 0 4 8 3.0

This was showing the jets defense with 5 or more DBs on the field. It just shows the progression that we have made. Really i think what it says is that we should someone convince the NFL to give us our bye week after the 2nd week or so, considering thats generally where our defense takes the turn. I am not exactly sure why either.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• You have a link to that article?

Comment

You have a link to that article?

sure thing, it was a pretty good read.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...-are-coming-on

Comment

• Article in the Star Ledger discussed Mangold and D'Brick and how they've gotten fairly close. Apparently Brick was a part of (or at least invited to) Mangold's wedding even though they haven't known each other that long. Obviously D'Brick thought that was cool and Mangold commented on what a great guy Brick is and how he thought that people like that are good to surround yourself with. Says something about the character of the guys we drafted, and that these two leaders of our line should have some nice chemistry as they stick together for the next few years.

But the big thing I wanted to point out from the article was that it was pointed out that we will probably look to address the offensive line early in the draft, which makes me unbelievably happy. This brings me to two questions. One, where does Jake Long sit on your guys' big board at the moment. On one hand I don't like drafting a right tackle early and know we could get a pretty good one later, but on the other I love his attitude and think he's got a fantastic skill set for a guy that would be playing on the right side. A little difficult to figure out how much I like him for us relatively early and don't. I do think the more games we win and the lower we're picking the more reasonable it would be if he slips due to concerns over his ability to play LT (which wouldn't be an issue for us). Second is that I think (and know a good portion of people agree) Duke Robinson would be a GREAT addition to our line. That said, is he going to go late first, too early for us to go unless we traded for a pick in that range? And assuming we don't trade down to a team with a pick in that range or deal Vilma for a pick in that range, do we try and do what it takes to get him?

Comment

• Jake Long is a great player. I have been able to watch him in person over the last few years and I think he will be great at the next level.

I was in the 06 draft, and still am now, a huge advocate that the game of football is ultimately won in the trenches. I would love to have Jake Long on our team, but I feel like you have said already, there are a couple of issues that really stand in the way.

1. Drafting a RT this early, when there might be more, well, efficient ways to spend a pick, might not be the best idea.

2.If we end up picking in the top 5 or even top 3 (which I don't think we will anyway), the Jets could end up spending a LOT of money on the OL.

I would love to see Jake Long on this team, but these two things really make it hard. I think once our draft position is finalized, things will be a lot more clear, or at least more then they are now.

Comment

• Well, that was definately a winnable game. The offensive line looked very solid on a few drives, picking up the blitzes very well and opening some big holes for TJ. However, I find it hard to imagine that we can't pound the ball in for 1 or 2 years when we are on the goal line; this is the 2nd game in a row where we've had problems with that. I know TJ isn't the best back after initial contact, but it's hard to go anywhere when you are met by 3 defenders at the line of scrimmage.

Clemens looked like a rookie qb. He made some very good throws and made some poor throws. I am not sure how bad the weather was, so i can't talk about the affect that it had on the game. I do know, that coles and cotchery are not near 100%. There were a few balls that if 100% healthy i would almost guarantee coles would have caught (that one ball that was slightly overthrown where he barely got off the ground and then another where it just went through his fingers). Cotchery had a solid game, but still dropped a couple. His first int was a terrible decision and i'm not sure if he just didn't see the defender there or what. His second, was underthrown, im not sure if it was wind or what, but it wasnt a good ball. However, he has shown the ability to orchestrate a drive, especially when time is low.

Our defense has looked a lot better since the first half the year, and held their own against a very potent offense in cleveland. Kerry Rhodes is showing that it wasn't just one good year, but our dline didn't get enough pressure on anderson today. Revis had a few good plays against braylong, but overall braylon outplayed him. Revis needs to work on his hands, because he had another one today he could have taken to the house or atleast an int.

I really want to finish the season off strong, and I think its gonna be nearly impossible against the pats. The really only thing we have in our favor is that they are playing for the perfect season and we have nothing to lose. THat having been said, Revis has to be physical against Moss like he was again'st TO, but for the entire 4 quarters. It has been shown that the one way to truly rattle the pats and throw them out of there groove is to collapse the pocket and get in bradys face. Which, is easier said than done.

Well, i gotta get back to studying for finals, so i can't really go down the list of things we need to do to stay competitive against the pats. BUt its the usual, keep brady off the field, dont turn the ball over, establish the run and don't give up huge plays etc. Oh and we have to attack them, we can't play timid.

Comment

• I had to study all day but I talked to my dad who watched the game.

He said Coles was playing his heart out, making a few big 3rd down plays. He also said he was battling injuries, which I already figured. Coles is awesome.

He said Clemens really didn't look good at all.

Also I heard the Jets had the ball first and goal and could not get a TD, and eventually led to an INT. So much for Pennington being the problem not helping the Jets put up 6....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information