This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    I had to study all day but I talked to my dad who watched the game.

He said Coles was playing his heart out, making a few big 3rd down plays. He also said he was battling injuries, which I already figured. Coles is awesome.

He said Clemens really didn't look good at all.

Also I heard the Jets had the ball first and goal and could not get a TD, and eventually led to an INT. So much for Pennington being the problem not helping the Jets put up 6....

Coles is a man's man and if the tv network SPIKE tv had to have one person be their spokesperson it should be coles. He can go right up there with arnold, stallone, bruce willis etc. Basically he is just one of the gutsiest players there is and i wish more guys were like him.

Clemens did not look well at all, although he did make a few plays where u can say to urself 'just do that more often.' I guess the pats, titans and then finishing up at the chiefs will show us a little more how he'll progress.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• It's not 30, but it might as well be. Jets are 24.5 point underdogs to the Patriots according to Vegas. I really hope we can scare them...IF AND ONLY IF for a quarter or a couple of defensive series SOMETHING.

I hope Mangini gets them so pissed and starts drawing up 10-15 gadget passing plays to engineer points. Likelyhood of this happening, SLIM.

Does anyone else find it funny, that even though the Patriots were the one's who cheated and were levied the biggest fine in NFL HIstory (1st round draft pick +$750,000 in fines) we're considered the bad guys. People are calling Mangini a snitch and on the news in Boston the local sportscasters were saying Belichick shouldn't even shake his hand after the game. What I find funny is that spygate was a problem discovered by an NFL RULES OFFICIAL (after the NFL repeatedly warned the Pats in the offseason not to do it) Mangini even said I didn't know it happened until halftime

The Patriots can really get away with anything. Bart Scott was right, if the NFL wants them in the SuperBowl that bad, if they don't do anything wrong then crown them right now.

If we somehow collectively sell all 77,000 souls of the fans that could fit in the meadowlands to the devil we could win and if that happened, nothing would make me happier. Start praying guys we're gonna need it because as much as I hate them, they're a GREAT team; classless and * but GREAT
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
        Does anyone else find it funny, that even though the Patriots were the one's who cheated and were levied the biggest fine in NFL HIstory (1st round draft pick +$750,000 in fines) we're considered the bad guys. People are calling Mangini a snitch and on the news in Boston the local sportscasters were saying Belichick shouldn't even shake his hand after the game. What I find funny is that spygate was a problem discovered by an NFL RULES OFFICIAL (after the NFL repeatedly warned the Pats in the offseason not to do it) Mangini even said I didn't know it happened until halftime
        I do find that funny, and was thinking the exact same thing. All i hear about is how 'The Great Patriots', the class of the NFL, the best team in history, are going to need a basketball scoreboard for the game. Everything is making the Jets out to be the bad guys and the patriots are the gold wearing gods of the NFL. I understand this is probably going to be a blowout, but how quickly we forget the first week of the season. Boston promotes classlessness, good to know.

I've never hoped for a serious injury towards someone, but in all honesty, and this might sound bad, but i really hope they take out tom Brady. I've never felt this way before, but i really hope they do. I'd have no problem with it. That or someone goes flying on the sideline and nails BB (actually i'd prefer that one, but its even harder to accomplish).

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I agree about the going after Brady. I hope we can create inside prssure with Harris and play stronger deep coverage with agood saftey tandem. I think if we jump a few inside routes we could make it a more respectable score.

Also in the passing game I think we should attack the middle of the field at mid level depth. The Patriots defense has huge holes there especially on the ball fake. The Eagles exposed them and the Ravens could have used the middle of the field more if Boller didnt suck worse than Feeley. Maybe Clemens can make his mark (It's be one hell of a mark)

But I agree I never wish harm upon anyone but Brady is thebiggest a$$hole in the NFL. He's such a hypocrite, he said before the steelers game well done is better than well said and then he decided to talk sh!t to the steelers during the game so I don't understand how he isnt criticized more. Also, it's not like his job is hard...Sit back in your recliner for a minute or two if you need it. Oh he doesnt need to stand in the pocket (flatfooted like a bad QB) bc they run designed plays more than anyone in the NFL (which include so many pick routes). Brady's an a above average QB in the greatest NFL scheme with an all time great like Randy Moss at his disposal. There is a reason people don't give Colt Brennan credit for his 50+ TDs a season BC THE SYSTEM AND THE PLAYERS AROUND HIM PUT THE NUMBERS UP FOR HIM. How does that all of a sudden change when you go to the NFL?

Go after Brady's knees and watch Matt Kassel come in and help win the SuperBowl.
          Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-10-2007, 12:25 PM.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• I have never wanted a player to get knocked out...until i saw brady walk over and talk **** to smith. Smith didn't even guarantee the victory, he said i guarantee it if we do this.. and that.. the media is the one who blew that out of proportion. I find it so annoying that the same announcers who complain about TO's and OCHOs endzone celebrations are the same exact guys who slobber over brady and don't care one bit that he is talking **** to smith. A guy who is just trying to help his team out gets talked down to by the QB of the other team. Since when does winning and being good allow you to be an a** to someone else? Oh thats right, when that person is tom brady.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Great point I meant to say that earlier but I got caught up with my rant on Brady... Smith really did just say if we execute our game plan I guarantee a victory. They didnt so they didnt win, I think Smiths predicition was correct.

Brady is simply an arrogant Michigan backup who was a 6th round pick for a reason. He tasted success under the Best coach we've seen in this era (albeit a big a$$hole) and has let it go to his head and ESPN has been helping him inflate that balloon attached to his neck

Comment

• He did guarantee a victory.

He just backtracked after he said that.

Comment

He did guarantee a victory.

He just backtracked after he said that.
                  I didn't think it was so much of a backtrack, becuase he said it emediately following the guarantee. It was like; I guarantee the steelers will win, if our special teams comes through etc. Maybe he wasn't as eliquent as he should have been or maybe your right and he did guarantee it than thought about it and the second later said IF we do.... But the point is, that the media blew it completely out of proportion. There are so many other things to consider, ie. How if the colts win 12 games this year they'll be the first team in NFL history two win 12 games in however many seasons in a row it is, 7 i think? It just shows how the NFL and analysts are all over the patriots and brady. I mean, take the brady talking smack to smith; yes smith might have deserved it and the analaysts loved it. Yet if TO or Chad JOhnson did it they would be all pissy about it. It's a double standard and its annoying. I mean hell, if rany moss did that when he was on the raiders or vikings they would have called him childish or immature and told him to play the game, but if he does it now its becuase he just is so good.

Comment

• The JETS vs the pats

Sorry for the double bost, but i didn't want this to get lost in my other post.

Jets were 27 point underdogs, now they are 24 after all the money laid down on them.

Forecast for Sunday the 16th; High of 33 degrees, with a 70% chance of precipitation (a wintry mix with high wind).

This is not the type of weather that is condusive for a high scoring game, or a pass happy offense. I am trying to convince my friends to all lay 50 bucks down on the jets hah. I really think the crappy weather will play more into our hand then the pats, which I feel will let us play them close.

Edit: (thought this was a good read and might get a little laugh):

We've all heard that the children are our future. It's a positive, hopeful mantra. What we never think about is that they are our future for good and bad. In Boston it's for the bad. These little spawnlings know nothing but constant winning. They have no perspective on what life is like as a normal fan. These shrill, obnoxious little beings were everywhere at the Celtics and Patriots games, hooting and hollering in the bathroom about how the Celtics are the greatest NBA team ever, loudly proclaiming in the popcorn line at Gillette Stadium that anyone who think the Patriots cheat is just jealous. Basically, take that kid from ESPN's Sunday morning NFL show and multiply him by a million or so. And if they are obnoxious now, just imagine how they'll be if Boston teams continue to win. Or, perhaps worse, how insufferably whiny they'll be if Boston teams start to lose. Either way the rest of us are doomed.

I have first hand experience of all of that. When i first moved into boston they had not won a world series; people talked about them and you saw the hats, but there wasn't anything really big. You didn't really hear about them, the pats had a little grumblings and certainly not the celtics. Now, it seems theres 100X the hats and shirts for boston/NE sports team, except of course for the Bruins (the only team as of now i can stand..but i might start to dislike them solely on principle alone). You cannot go to work, class, eat dinner anywhere without hearing people talking about them, especially people who have no idea what the hell theyre talking about. Recently, against baltimore i heard some girls saying 'oh i watched the game, all of it..that #57 had no reason for throwing that flag what was he thinking and then he blamed the ref..hes the reason they lost...and it went on' then you get guys saying the same thing. I'm really not sure what is going to be worse, if they keep winning, or once they start losing. It's a toss up.
                    Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-11-2007, 03:08 PM. Reason: Just found this and thought it was pretty humorous

Comment

• Weather for Sunday in Foxboro: 70% chance of precipitation...High=32...Low=9

Chances for High scoring- LOW
                      Chances Jets win- Better than before
                      Chance Patriots win- Always good

We'll see how much this affects the outcome of the game, but I definitely think it adds an element that could screw the Patriots into some uncharacteristic plays...But then again this could make us worse. I hope this helps and makes the game respectable...maybe we can win
                      (Thinking about it....the Patriots and their high powered PASS 1st offense formerly known as a team who embraces the elements, considering the former love of the slop snow and real grass field, has not yet come to the forefront this year)They're OL has been pass blocking so much I think if we can create some pressure w run blitzes and creative D packages and manufacture some turnovers w bad weather.

This news just lets me have some hope, but it may weaken my conspiracy theory that Mangini has been holding the "REAL" palybook back all year for this game, if we win.

I hope we win. I think Mangini said it best "We;re going to prepare and play our best. We are not putting any additional pressure on ourselves because it's the Patriots" I hope that meant we're goin to gameplan and fight hard, but if we lose its a nice way of saying it was expected (I think its a smart move bc if the Jets made this a big deal if the Pats win it makes it better for them. This way if the Pats win Mangini has made comments implies wow good for you you were supposed to beat us, keep being sore winners).

Comment

• "At a game in Foxborough, a Jets employee was caught videotaping from the end-zone stands, according to a source. The camera wasn't confiscated and the incident wasn't reported to the league, but Patriots officials were miffed. Just recently, a team official mentioned the incident in a conversation about this Sunday's Jets-Patriots game."

The Patriots are such scumbags. They're trying to railroad us as the accusor in the spygate incident CONVEINIENTLY right before our 2nd meeting this year. This furthers the proof that the Patritos organization as a whole is classless from top to bottom. I at one point held those terms exclusive for Belichick and then Brady NOW the entire organization perhaps with exception for funnily enough Randy Moss.

The Jets' response to these comments: Disgust!
                        "There's absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum told the Daily News in September, responding when the story was first reported by Foxsports.com. "Completely false." The Jets received approval from the Patriots to film at that location before the game.
                        Im assuming they were then told to move because of a "potential risk." Hypocrites

A new low for an organization that simply cannot enjoy winning (and a lot of it) but only try to break every rule in the book and rub success in the faces of others. There is no defense for what they did and how they are. If you think there is PM me and I'll calmly talk to you about how I vehimetly disagree, but I will not dignify their classlessness in a forum anymore.
                        Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-12-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Did you not expect them to fire back? I'll be waiting to see if this is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but I doubt it is.

Comment

• Read my post: THE NFL was not informed of any infraction and until now the no one outside of the 2 teams knew about this misunderstanding before the game this if it even happened. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate and easier to verify these comments, if true after the accusations week 1 againts the Patriots. Also I highly doubt an NFL GM would risk his reputation and ultimately his career by saying these convenient comments and accusations are "COMPLETELY FALSE"
                            Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-12-2007, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• The Jets were allowed to do this apparently, and I read your post. It just makes it interesting considering if there was an understanding, then why would the Jets camera man be asked to leave?

Comment

The Jets were allowed to do this apparently, and I read your post. It just makes it interesting considering if there was an understanding, then why would the Jets camera man be asked to leave?
                                I think that's strange, and beyond that I don't seee why it came up now. This happened last year, so you'd figure if it was a big deal it would leak at the time, or after the whole Spygate thing to deflect some attention from the Pats. It coming to the surface now makes me think that it's purely a strategic thing for the Pats to distract the Jets, I really think nothing will (or should) come of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information