Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't think it has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets. And the fact that it happened a year ago, again, it's trying to deflect some of the blame off the Patriots.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      I really don't think it has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets. And the fact that it happened a year ago, again, it's trying to deflect some of the blame off the Patriots.
      I probably misworded there. I don't know if it really has anything to do with trying to distract the Jets, but I also don't know if there is anything solid here and whatever it is it's so that the Patriots can benefit from this report in one way or another. And if we get punished for this its complete BS.

Comment

• The whole situation is a bit sketchy IMO.

Comment

• Jets vs NE the new biggest rivalry in the NFL? what do u think?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I got to be honest, I really don't have any feelings towards them. Some of you guys sound like you want to take a bat to Brady's head. I really don't get it or why it is a rivalry.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
              I got to be honest, I really don't have any feelings towards them. Some of you guys sound like you want to take a bat to Brady's head. I really don't get it or why it is a rivalry.
              I mean, I get it being a division rivalry and all and since they're good there's that extra bonus of wanting to beat them. We've been two of the better teams in the division for awhile which is why I get the rivalry, and then there's that whole Mangini/BB thing not that I particularly care. In all honesty I don't like them because of their attitude and I'd love to beat them purely because they're undefeated, but that's pretty much it. I'd dislike them about as much as I do now if they were in another division, it really doesn't have much to do with a rivalry. I still think the Dolphins are our biggest rivals in the division. Anyways, this was definitely a bash Brady/BB thread for a little while and although I don't particularly like either I'd like to get back to talking Jets football personally.

Comment

• Its a rivalry bc of NY vs Bos. The constant struggle for Boston fans to find some way to one up NY bc of the Yankees success. Its an inferiority complex on bos part as a whole, and in baseball but the sides reverse in football.
                They're also divisional opponents have played each other more than 100 times and the two coaches are of the same cloth.

It's a rivalry bc Mo Lewis is the reason in the eyes of some in Boston that Tom Brady is a starting QB.

I think it's a pretty big rivalry, but Bears Packers will always be my favorite even as a Jets fan.

I want to take a bat to brady's head (proverbially not in real life, Im sure if I knew him hed be nice and all that) because hes given and takes a lot of credit for the success of a great team. And beign that my last name is Brady and Im a Jets fan living in MA, the ridicule and classless behavior you may not see from Pats fans in Michigan is a constant here. People would prefer to put me down and then brag about Brady when theyre morons bc they never celebrate their tema without it being in relationship to how everyone else sucks when they ahve a plausible argument to say they may be the best TEAM ever regardless of that bull. Im fed up with their sore winning ways and it used to just be the fans making brady out to be god that sickend me but now Brady has this scumbag sense of entitlement that I see whenever I see him in an interview, on the field or anything else.

Its a rivalry bc they dont know how to win with class or lose with dignity.
                We've yet to win in our lifetime (superbowl terms), but if and when we do let's just celebrate probably the greatest event we'll ever see in terms of our fanhood and make the Patriots and their fans the farthest thing from our minds. We've pretty much got losing with dignity down as we lived through the early 90s with the Jets.

Keep rooting and being good fans bc unlike any other team to be a Jets fan you have to be so dedicated bc in the end even if trhe jets were up by 60 in the superbowl with 10 minutes left you always feel like the jets could let you down so you have to have thick skin (for losing...not for losing and having to hear about it from the winners)

Stay classy NY. No hate (like the articles are titled in Boston), no proverbial bats to the knees of Brady (myself included...:(. Just stay classy like Ron Burgandy
                Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-12-2007, 03:40 PM.
                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Weathers gonna be sloppy wrote a post on it earlier anyone think it helps our chances?

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• This will be the last I post of it....

New Camera Angle: The Rest of the Story
                    Published: Wed, December 12, 3:03pm EST
                    By Randy Lange

Lange has covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

12/12 — Let's not let facts stand in the way of good stories.

Jets head coach Eric Mangini was asked at today's news conference about articles that appeared in several New York media outlets today stating that, according to NFL sources, a Jets employee was "caught" videotaping from the end zone stands at Gillette Stadium last season, that the Jets "claim" they received approval from the Patriots and "admitted" they videotaped the game.

Good buzzwords, good headline words. But not exactly accurate in describing what actually happened.

"We taped the game is what we taped," Mangini said today in response to a question about the stories. "And we taped an end-zone copy of the game. We tape a double-end-zone, which is standard operating procedure for us. We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible."

Why would the Jets, or any other team, make such requests?

"Anytime you practice, you try to shoot the unit from the sideline and then from the end zone behind them so that you can see ... hand placement, fits, that type of thing. That's how you watch practice every day, that's how you evaluate practice every day. And it's the same thing with games. You like to have that same copy, because really, that's just an extension of the evaluation."

So the Jets did nothing wrong?

"We do it every time we go on the road," the coach said. "We ask for permission to do it. It's within the league rules, and when people ask us to do it, we grant it as well."

In fact, Mangini responded to a later question, he didn't have exact numbers on how many opponents have asked to tape from both end zones during Jets games at the Meadowlands the last two seasons but "I can tell you that anybody that's asked has been granted permission. ... It's a pretty common courtesy."

As an aside, major college programs such as Tennessee, Clemson and Texas A&M offer the same courtesy to scouts who are evaluating their players during games.

Then why did the Patriots confront this Jets employee and remove him from his Gillette end zone mezzanine position?

Mangini said he didn't know. "It just was what it was," he said. "We had asked permission, it was granted, and then that changed and we respect their decision. It's their stadium."

The Jets coach confirmed this incident happened at last season's playoff game, not at the regular-season game. He said the Jets were granted permission to tape from both end zones for Game 9 and did so without incident.

Newsday said an NFL source told the Long Island newspaper that the Patriots did not bring this incident up to the league during its investigation into the Jets' charges of illegal videotaping by the Patriots at this season's opener in September.

Two further clarifications on the reporting. When Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum replied to a Foxsports.com question on this matter, "Absolutely no truth to that whatsoever. Completely false," he was responding to the question: Was a Jets employee removed from Gillette Stadium last year for the same reason a Patriots employee was removed from the Meadowlands sidelines in this season's opener?

And Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, was quoted saying, "All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules." His response was to the question: Was a member of your video staff caught taping by the New England Patriots and asked to stop?

You can take your sides on this issue as with all off-field issues surrounding the Jets and Patriots these days. But doesn't this information help provide a clearer picture of what might have occurred back in January in the Massachusetts countryside?

The upshot to this latest video episode is that the Jets have not requested double-end-zone videotaping privileges at Sunday's game.

"We just didn't look to get permission," Mangini said. "Didn 't think it would be granted."

That says it best.

Comment

• I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but I figured it was some pretty good news.

Jets signed TE Chris Baker to a three-year, $5.4 million contract extension.

The restructuring actually took place last month. Baker had $800,000 in "new money" added to the deal he signed in March 2006, and this year’s pay upped from $850,000 to $2.37 million. Baker has had a strange run under Eric Mangini, sometimes seeming to be in the doghouse, but the underutilized former third-round pick appears committed to the regime.

If it's old news than i'm sorry, but I think it is pretty significant. Baker has shown his great hands and his a safety net for clemens. I am hoping he will be utilized more on passing downs next year, and especially in the endzone.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• New News to me

Ive always liked Baker. Im glad they did this. I always thought the idea of drafting a TE was a bit out there considering I've seen Baker make unbelieveable catches and develope his game as a blocker.

I like the move it shows we are committed to keeping the best players to help us win as opposed to jus tthe ones mangini hand picks/drafts/signs

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                          New News to me

Ive always liked Baker. Im glad they did this. I always thought the idea of drafting a TE was a bit out there considering I've seen Baker make unbelieveable catches and develope his game as a blocker.

I like the move it shows we are committed to keeping the best players to help us win as opposed to jus tthe ones mangini hand picks/drafts/signs
                          Same here on all fronts. Definitely didn't know that.

This definitely shows Baker isn't in Mangini's doghouse. And he's a great player. Coming out he was known for his hands not his blocking, and he's become better known as a blocker than a receiver. We really underutilize him in the passing game. I think Clemens made signing him a priority because the two seem to have good chemistry. Beyond that, knowing he's not getting cut and not having to draft a TE is nice, it would've been pointless because it's not that Baker is bad it's that he's not utilized.

And as you said we're committed to keeping the best players as opposed to Mangini's guys. I think Baker has become a Mangini guy and he's a leader on this team, but knowing Mangini is cool with keeping guys around he hasn't hand picked himself is good. It also shows that if anything happens with Vilma it's not because of anything more than a scheme fit or a personality clash.

Comment

• CURTIS MARTIN possibly buying the dolphins

I have just finished reading a few articles about how huizinga is apparantly shopping the dolphins; he was quoted as saying how it's felt like 50 years since his team has made the playoffs. The rumor is, that known hopeful owner Curtis Martin has been making frequent trips to south florida, texas etc. There have been some rumors that he could possibly look to buy the fins frrom huizinga. How utterly ironic. I think it would be great to have a black owner in the NFL, but god dammn why does it have to be curtis and the freakin dolphins. I hope curtis can become an owner, but i do not want it to be the dolphins; i would never be able to cheer for the dolphins, even if i do love curtis.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Hahaha wow. That is an interesting find.

Comment

• Very intersting find. I have the same feelings, I'd love to see Curtis owning somewhere, but not really in Miami that would just be disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information