Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh come on! My parents lost electricity in their house! Slingbox not working......

Comment

• We should've won today! So many chances. This game just makes me hate Justin McCareins even more. I think during the draft, we need to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, kinda like what the Packers did with James Jones and Greg Jennings. Brad Smith is alright, but he is not consistent at WR. I think with Coles in the game, a lot of those throws would be in Cotchery's area and he would've made a lot of those catches easily.

This offseason, McCareins, Barrett, Hobson or Barton, and Clement need to be cut. These guys are just garbage. A lot of you may have different opinions, but I watch every game and I rarely see anything good from these guys.

Gahhhh, this ends my rant, man I hate the Patriots :(

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Ugh, so many missed opportunities, mistakes, penalties.

Comment

• What do you think of our QB situation right now? I'm not feeling Klemens or Pennington at the moment. I wish they let Smith throw more than one pass.

Comment

• I would be really disappointed if we spent another high draft pick on a QB. I think both Clemens and Pennington are more then adequate. Clemens, at least I don't think, has not been given enough time. We can't make a judgment on him yet.

What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
              What do you think of our QB situation right now? I'm not feeling Klemens or Pennington at the moment. I wish they let Smith throw more than one pass.
              I'm not really comfortable with either at the moment. And yet I think it's a little early to draft a QB, especially with the poor crop this year. I wouldn't really mind returning both and bringing in another veteran, possibly even a mid-round guy with potential, and just letting them all fight for the starting job. I don't want to go into next season with one guy as the starter. We can always make trades early next season, but at the moment I don't think I'm comfortable dealing Pennington and just leaving Clemens as the starter.

Comment

• I think we need to give Clemens a full year at starter before we make a rash decision and decide we need to draft another quarterback with a high pick. I saw a few more dropped passes from McCareins today, I wouldn't mind if we nabbed a Malcolm Kelly type WR in the 2nd round. It seems to me like there are a couple of big WRs that should be first rounders (kelly, sweed, maybe adarius bowman) who could be available when we pick in the 2nd and would help Kellen Clemens' development immensley.

Comment

• Originally posted by disgruntledjetsfan View Post
                  I think we need to give Clemens a full year at starter before we make a rash decision and decide we need to draft another quarterback with a high pick. I saw a few more dropped passes from McCareins today, I wouldn't mind if we nabbed a Malcolm Kelly type WR in the 2nd round. It seems to me like there are a couple of big WRs that should be first rounders (kelly, sweed, maybe adarius bowman) who could be available when we pick in the 2nd and would help Kellen Clemens' development immensley.
                  Agree that it's too soon to draft a QB, I think everyone here feels this way. That said, wideouts usually take a long time to develop so while one of those guys would be great for his long-term development it's definitely not a sure thing they'd do much next season.

My question is, are we still definitely trading Pennington or do you think we should keep him around for now? If we deal him we'll probably need a good veteran backup anyways, so I don't know if it's such a sure thig he's gone after this season.

I think help on the offensive line and a big wideout (preferably a vet but I know it's unlikely and we probably need a guy via the draft anyway) would make a world of difference for whoever is quarterbacking this team.

Comment

• From what I've seen of Clemens this year, he is like Pennington in the sense that all he does is throw short little dump passes, but he has more of an arm. His short yard passes are awful, he always throws the ball very low and it makes it extremely hard for our WRs to catch the ball. I think we give him one full year where he is the starter throughout training camp and if we don't see improvement, we bring in a veteran or draft a quarterback. I really want to see Clemens succeed but I just don't know right now.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• I agree Clemens needs work but our AWFUL O-line doesn't help, and our receiving corps is pretty thin.

Also, Justin McCareins has no place in the NFL.

Comment

• Needless to say, it didnt surprise me that Pennington came in and had a chance to beat the unbeatable Patriots. He showed what we want a QB that can deliever when we need him to. one who can orchestrate drives and help to make plays with accuracy and good decision making. But, Penningtons age and arm strength ultimately limit what we can do and our future potential I just think we all really want pennington as our QB jsut with Clemens arm.

Had Pennington started this game one would wonder if that ball isnt thrown sooner from the endzone (as Clemens biggest critics are those who say he holds onto the ball too long) or if he takes the safety knowing forcing something would be pick 6 city. i think Pennington was given a bad rap for the teams lack of success but clemens came in and made similar mistakes but he has not been more effective than Pennington had been as the games went on. Why is it that Pennington dink and dunks for first downs arent as good as long inaccurate for 3 and out that we have seen a lot from clemens (maybe the jets are trying things bc of a lsot season and im being too harsh on clemens but the questions have to be asked). I just believe today proved Pennington is the better QB fro the Jets with what they have. With the same weapons that clemens played poorly with, Pennington played well against the best in the league. That said, I do not think there will be any controversy next season bcthe Jets will trade him(if he is back there will be but i dont think thats gonna happen) i have mixed feelings bc on the one hand he is at this point and IMO will next year be a better QB than Clemens, even after one more year of development. BUT hes aging and we need to look forward from an organizational standpoint. I think todays audition makes his stock soar for a trade (and no we cannot keep him as a backup bc of the escalators in his contract that make his money soar to 4.5 mil. And no he wont take another paycut). Pennington looks like he PLACED the ball in chris bakers hands twice on out routes showing the much talked about great accuracy anticipation when baker wasnt even looking both for first downs. I believe the culprit of todays loss and our seasons woes is Schottenheimer's play calling. THE OPTION!!! YESSS I LOVED IT ....the first time. Not the 6 subsequent times they ran it. He is the reason we have the situation we have and while I like clemens (i know that isnt evident but i like his play in the 2 minute drill, quick release and good arm) I think the woes pennington had before he was benched were bc of the system being awful to begin with and that playing clemens was a mistake to begin with bc of the awful OL injured WRs and flawed Off. system. I think in a lost season the Jets jumped to see the future as opposed to further evaluating the other offensive positions with Pennington as the constant thus proetecting their investing in Clemens. Clemens was put into an unfavorable sistuation but did not fair half as well as we have expected him or should allow him to even with our offensive woes (he had one good GAME= 4 QUARTERS against the now 1-15 dolphins)

I know Clemens has shown flashes of good things to come but we all know hes shown more innaccuracy and inconsistency than flashes (I hope that flash is enough and maybe it will be but we are going to lose a proven QB next season). Maybe with better weapons and blocking hell be better, but if those improve for Clemens theyd improve for Pennington and I think being a better QB we'd be in a better position to win(but like i said pennington will be 33 or 34 and clemens will still have an unknown ceiling at 25 making him our choice). Hopefully, although Im down on him now bc I really hate not knowing what we're getting or will get out of the QB position, Clemens will benefit so much from those weapons he'll look like a contender. I said in posts a while back w/ the team as a whole (esp the OL RT and LG) playing clemens may just hinder his development. WELL now he injured his ribs and his shoulder and could be done for the short rest of the season as a precautionary measure. Does that constitute enough of a hinderance? Also with Schottenheimers supposed head coaching offers (on the good side) and awful play calling (the bad side) he seems in one way or another destined to leave NY next season so will Clemens really have benefitted from executing one system and having to learn a new one as a young QB going through the inevitable growing pains of a first FULL season as a starter? I know there are mistakes made by rookie QBs but his look more like incompetance at times. Things you would hope you never see with clemens future role and supposed potential like holding on to the ball too long, running instead of stepping up in the pocket, having a TD to INT ratio of 1:2. I just want some consistency. Numbers can be skewed to fit an arguement but in his case they arent he has not been the inexpereinced brett favre of the jets or even pennington esque like people were hoping him to be. His QB Rating and Completion percentage are awful and they are indicative of poor play adn bad decision making. I just hope he can produce better numbers and more importantly better play with a better OL (Most important) NO JUSTIN MCCAREINS...(ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION) and perhaps a big weapon reciever.

Its a lot of ifs, but I think

Today proved a few things...
                        1)Chad Pennington is a good starter and will garner a day 1 draft selection (1-3 none of that new 1st and 2nd rds on day 1 only: day 1 means 1st 3 rounds).
                        2)The Jets are NOT as bad as their record indicates (unlike the Falcons)
                        3)Schottenheimer's playcalling is analagous to jekyll and hyde (and should be stopped)
                        4)Kellen Clemens is our future, but we're heading into the unknown in many ways and its scary.
                        Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM.
                        QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I've seen a lot of jets games this year, but they all came when Pennington was the QB. I havent been able to watch them since Clemens took over. How has kellen looked? Do you think he is the QB of the future?

Comment

• Could be a thread but there is too much season left...
                            Decent little game to play while we wait for the game each week.

Thoughts on FA (These are the ones I thought the Jets would look at)
                            1)Do you want to sign them?
                            2)Great/Okay/Bad chance of signing them?
                            3)Any News on them?

Offense
                            Alan Faneca- LG
                            Max Starks- RT
                            Jordan Gross-RT
                            Randy Moss-WR
                            Bernard Berrian-WR
                            Patrick Crayton-WR
                            Drew Carter-WR
                            Justin Gage-WR
                            Malcolm Flloyd-WR

Defense
                            Albert Haynesworth-DT
                            Tommy Kelly-DT
                            Randy Starks-DT
                            Lance Briggs-LB
                            Terrell Suggs-LB
                            Karlos Dansby-LB
                            Asante Samuel -CB
                            Marcus Truafant -CB
                            Randal Homosexual (bc I can't write ***...NO hate its his name)- CB

IT SEEMS TO ME THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TALENTED FREE AGENTS
                            THAT SUIT THE JETS NEEDS AND COULD HEP THEIR PERFORMANCE COME DRAFT DAY. THOUGHTS?
                            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              IT SEEMS TO ME THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TALENTED FREE AGENTS
                              THAT SUIT THE JETS NEEDS AND COULD HEP THEIR PERFORMANCE COME DRAFT DAY. THOUGHTS?
                              First of all, stop yelling at me.

Second of all, does anyone have our cap numbers handy?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                                First of all, stop yelling at me.

Second of all, does anyone have our cap numbers handy?
                                roughly 20 million under.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information