Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assuming that the Rob Ryan rumors are true, I think this offseason could be one in which we really look to improve our defense and make it elite, because I think that is possible if a few things happen.
    1) Ryan has to shine with Mangini in forming schemes and playcalling
    2) pass rush pass rush pass rush. Now that everyone is off the Mcfadden bandwaggon, Vernon Gholston HAS TO be the pick. Then I think we are gonna have the money to afford one big FA and one mediocre FA. I would like to see the big one be Terrell Suggs, and our mediocre one to be a CB. These moves solidify our pass defense really nicely. I think we gotta see what we can get out of Pouha with sparingly C.J. Mosely, who knows.
    3) What we do with Vilma is going to be really interesting this offseason. He is certainly a fan favorite, and a team leader. Ryan's evaluation of him will tell us what we need to know, I would like to keep him though personally unless we can get a 1st or a high 2nd for him.

Remember, defense and a running game wins championships. We can address O-line in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because there are players out there.

^^Sig From Nvot9
    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
      Remember, defense and a running game wins championships. We can address O-line in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because there are players out there.
      The game is won in the trenches, this has been painfully obviously the last couple of years for the Jets.

Comment

• I'd have to believe that we would want to address OL in FA at one of the two spots. I'd be more comfortable with one rookie on the line and a rookie #2 corner than two rookies on the line, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
          2) pass rush pass rush pass rush. Now that everyone is off the Mcfadden bandwaggon, Vernon Gholston HAS TO be the pick. Then I think we are gonna have the money to afford one big FA and one mediocre FA. I would like to see the big one be Terrell Suggs, and our mediocre one to be a CB.

These moves solidify our pass defense really nicely. I think we gotta see what we can get out of Pouha with sparingly C.J. Mosely, who knows.
          3) What we do with Vilma is going to be really interesting this offseason. He is certainly a fan favorite, and a team leader. Ryan's evaluation of him will tell us what we need to know, I would like to keep him though personally unless we can get a 1st or a high 2nd for him.

I see Gholston and Suggs as an either/or. A shift back to the right side could do wonders for Thomas who is signed long term. I also disagree with you in terms of the cornerback, because I believe that even an average pass rush from the OLB's would make the Jets current corners look a lot better. To me, the Jets big FA move has to be an offensive linemen. Either Jordan Gross or my preference, Alan Faneca. Drafting two rookies to be day 1 starters on an offensive line as young as the Jets is far too risky. As far as the Jets mediocre signing, IMO, the Jets need a replacement for Justin McCareins a lot more than the Jets #2 cornerback.

Notable free agent WR's include

Bernard Berrian - Chicago Bears
          Keary Colbert - Carolina Panthers
          Andre Davis - Houston Texans
          Bryant Johnson - Arizona Cardinals
          Brandon Stoakley - Denver Broncos

although I'd settle for a lot less in truth if it meant McCareins hit the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            I see Gholston and Suggs as an either/or. A shift back to the right side could do wonders for Thomas who is signed long term. I also disagree with you in terms of the cornerback, because I believe that even an average pass rush from the OLB's would make the Jets current corners look a lot better. To me, the Jets big FA move has to be an offensive linemen. Either Jordan Gross or my preference, Alan Faneca. Drafting two rookies to be day 1 starters on an offensive line as young as the Jets is far too risky. As far as the Jets mediocre signing, IMO, the Jets need a replacement for Justin McCareins a lot more than the Jets #2 cornerback.

Notable free agent WR's include

Bernard Berrian - Chicago Bears
            Keary Colbert - Carolina Panthers
            Andre Davis - Houston Texans
            Bryant Johnson - Arizona Cardinals
            Brandon Stoakley - Denver Broncos

although I'd settle for a lot less in truth if it meant McCareins hit the road.

personally I think Bryant Johnson could be the best bang for our buck out of those guys, although he is slightly unproven, the upside is there.

^^Sig From Nvot9
            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Stokely is not a FA. He got signed to a 5 year extension I think or something along those lines.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Watch the playoff games with FAs we like. These are the main OL FAs, I have to go somewhere so someone make a list of FA WRs, CBs, ILBs, OLBs so we know who to look out for in the coming weeks.

Steelers: OG Faneca & OG Starks
                Colts: OGLilja & OT Scott
                Seahawks: OT Locklear

It should at the very least keep the forum active.
                Don't create another thread bc it will be done in 3 weeks.
                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I was under the impression that Starks was playing RT mostly for the steelers?? Has he had practice playing the guard position?? And, i'm not sure, but i think i read that he wont be playing the their first playoff game becuase of a knee injury or something. NOt 100% sure, so i would check that if i were u guys.

The rest of the list is good, and i think i've got a list of the free agents somewhers on my computer so i'll see if i can find it.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                    I was under the impression that Starks was playing RT mostly for the steelers??
                    Yes, Max Starks has been playing mostly RT for the Steelers and I don't recall him playing OG. He has actually been playing LT this season a bit I think. However, considering the Steelers problems protecting the QB, I'm not so sure he'd be a great signing for the Jets.

Comment

• Most of the players here won't be playing in the playoffs, but will be good to keep an on eye during free agency.

WR Randy Moss - Huge year. He will be a free agent and i honestly can't see him leaving New England. However, it's been rumored that he wants market value and I think this is one reciever that the pats will actually shell out money. I mean c'mon, if you are gonna shell it out to someone, it might as well be the most talented reciever of all time.

Bernard Berrian - Put up a solid season even with the team playing musical QB's. 900ish yards and 4 tds is a lot better than anyone on our team besides coles and cotchery. Only 27 and still has tremendous speed.

Bryant Johnson - I think this could be a reciever that would fit our team. He's young and drastically overshadowed by Fitzy and Boldin. 6'3, runs good routes decent hands; basically he is what justin mccareins was suppose to be.

DL I am not going to talk about Jared Allen or Albert Haynesworth for us, because i dont' see it happening at all. Jared allen is amazing, but doesn't fit our 34. He is actually the player that i envision when i think of drafting chris long.(and not becasue they are both white...well ok maybe a little because they are) Both about the same height and weight, non stop motors and even when they don't rack up the sack they are in the qb's face at all times. But i ask you this, think if you'd want jared allen playing as our DE?? Most people would say no, because they already know he is too small. It's basically the same thing as chris long, but he's in college so a lot of people on draft boards tend to overhype college players. Also, i don't see a chance in hell that tennessee lets fat al leave.

Tommy Kelly - This move could make a lot of sense if we do indeed land Ryan. He is coming off of ACL surgery, but he was playing extremely well in his first 8ish games. Ideal size, 6'6 300 and has already worked under Ryan. Can hopefully be had for less due to injury concerns??

Terrell Suggs - Pretty obvious here. He is going to command top dollar even though he had an off year. I personally would rather draft our own olb in gholston, but he would not be a poor alternative.

Corey Williams - Young, 27ish, DT for the pakcers had a solid year. Seven sacks and 32 total tackles along with three forced fumbles. Very good at collapsing the pocket and could be given a look at for 34 DE. 6'4 313.

I mentioned Tommy Kelly and Corey williams because i have seen them play and think they could be solid 34 DEs. The next two guys i have never really seen play so the only thing i know about them is they are UFA's and have pretty good size. Jordan Carstens from the panthers is 6'5 300 and Randy Starks from the titans is 6'3 312.
                      All in all i am not sure we look to address DE in FA as we have much bigger needs on the OL. I think the only person that we would take a look at will be kelly due to his connection with our potential new DC as well as the fact he won't command top dollar becuase of his injury. That having been said, the development of Kareem Brown could play a role in this as well. I also would like to see something worked out for shaun rogers, but that right now just seems to be wishfull thinking

Also, the OL. My favorite player for us to go after this offseason is going to be Stacy Andrews. First off, he is a mountain of a man at 6'7 and 342 pounds and is extremely athletic and mobile fo his size. He is relatively raw in terms of football experience seeing as he started playing football his senior year of college i beleive. He started 13+ games this year and played LG the first few and RT the rest of the season. We simply couldn't ask for a better player right now; he can play both our positions of need on the offensive line, is young, very talented and basically is just huge. We already brought him in for a meeting last year and i want him more than anything this offseason. Rumor on rotoworld is that the bengals have already began contract extensions with him, Justin Smith, Madieu Williams, and LB Landon Johnson. I am going to be extremely disheartened if he resigns with the bengals before even meeting with the jets. This is THE one guy that i really want out of free agency this year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Honestly just with my knowledge of the Bengals either rotoworld is off or the Bengals are being morons. They have no reason to extend Smith (little production for far too much money, and the defensive line needs to be blown up besides Peko and Geathers) or Williams (overrated safety who ended the season on IR, plus they have two very solid young safeties in White and Ndukwe that will be second year guys next season and deserve an opportunity to start and they'll come cheap as well being 4th and 7th round picks). Johnson would be a decent sign for the right money but he's just a solid LB and they could probably just draft someone instead, he's probably going to get more than he's worth. Andrews would obviously make sense especially because their line is in shambles but he's the only one. Personally I think the Bengals have no reason to re-sign the first two and it would be in the best interest of the other two to hit the open market so I have to wonder if that rumor is legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Honestly just with my knowledge of the Bengals either rotoworld is off or the Bengals are being morons. They have no reason to extend Smith (little production for far too much money, and the defensive line needs to be blown up besides Peko and Geathers) or Williams (overrated safety who ended the season on IR, plus they have two very solid young safeties in White and Ndukwe that will be second year guys next season and deserve an opportunity to start and they'll come cheap as well being 4th and 7th round picks). Johnson would be a decent sign for the right money but he's just a solid LB and they could probably just draft someone instead, he's probably going to get more than he's worth. Andrews would obviously make sense especially because their line is in shambles but he's the only one. Personally I think the Bengals have no reason to re-sign the first two and it would be in the best interest of the other two to hit the open market so I have to wonder if that rumor is legit.

Well rotoworld just basically compiles all of the newspapers info, so i'm sure it was the news from some cinci paper and they were just speculating. I can't beleive that andrews would enter negotiations without hitting the market first. I would have to imagine he understand he'll get more money that way. Atleast i hope he does.

Comment

• Yea my bad Starks has been playing RT all season I knew that but type OG.

I think Tommy Kelly would be sick for the Jets especially if Ryan goes tot the Jets...
                            BUT...
                            Rob Ryan also may go to the Ravens where Rex Ryan (HIS BROTHER) may be promoted to head coach...guys stay on your knees and pray he comes to the Jets...I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Lafayette CA. its by Oakland and SF he said he loves Ryan and as a Raiders fan is pissed at his leaving...notice the difference Bob Sutton may not been completely to blame for our poor defensive p[lay early but no ones exactly sad to see him go...Ryan is a good coordinator and is more like mangini and will provide a spark Suttons dead corpse of a presence lacked. Reminds me of a crazier Donnie Henderson... and he scared me at camp, his vocal chordes were stretched thin every practice. Keep Hoping

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              Yea my bad Starks has been playing RT all season I knew that but type OG.

I think Tommy Kelly would be sick for the Jets especially if Ryan goes tot the Jets...
                              BUT...
                              Rob Ryan also may go to the Ravens where Rex Ryan (HIS BROTHER) may be promoted to head coach...guys stay on your knees and pray he comes to the Jets...I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Lafayette CA. its by Oakland and SF he said he loves Ryan and as a Raiders fan is pissed at his leaving...notice the difference Bob Sutton may not been completely to blame for our poor defensive p[lay early but no ones exactly sad to see him go...Ryan is a good coordinator and is more like mangini and will provide a spark Suttons dead corpse of a presence lacked. Reminds me of a crazier Donnie Henderson... and he scared me at camp, his vocal chordes were stretched thin every practice. Keep Hoping
                              Well, it looks like we can get up off our knees because he is going to be staying with the raiders. Oh how i hate al davis and the fact that he is unable to let his head coach do anything.

Comment

• im pissed and think maybe it could still happen but damn im pissed...maybe but doubt it 7th rder to raiders Id do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information