Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here is an interesting article that rates the 32 nfl head coaches. The biggest thing to take away from it is that there are "rumors" vilma and drob are asking for a trade. Now, take that with a grain of salt because today's sports journalism lacks a lot of credibility and i don't beleive a word of anything published until it's made official by the time ie. Rob Ryan (i hate you al davis). With the resurgent play of Pouha, i would definately welcome a trade seeking drob. Only time will tell though.

    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
      Here is an interesting article that rates the 32 nfl head coaches. The biggest thing to take away from it is that there are "rumors" vilma and drob are asking for a trade. Now, take that with a grain of salt because today's sports journalism lacks a lot of credibility and i don't beleive a word of anything published until it's made official by the time ie. Rob Ryan (i hate you al davis). With the resurgent play of Pouha, i would definately welcome a trade seeking drob. Only time will tell though.

      D-rob asking for a trade..... happy trails. I hope for your sake that you're traded to a team that runs for the 4-3.
      Vilma asking for a trade....... :(

      Comment


      • Here is some good news, hopefully. Although, I won't beleive anything until it's official, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt.

        Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the New York Jets interviewed former Nebraska coach Bill Callahan for their vacant offensive line coach position.
        Callahan, who was fired after a tough year at Nebraska, is still plenty respected in the NFL from his days as head coach of the Raiders team that went to the Super Bowl in 2002. He earned a reputation as an offensive mastermind in Oakland, and his arrival in New York would likely help the Jets improve their running game.

        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
          Here is some good news, hopefully. Although, I won't beleive anything until it's official, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt.

          Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the New York Jets interviewed former Nebraska coach Bill Callahan for their vacant offensive line coach position.
          Callahan, who was fired after a tough year at Nebraska, is still plenty respected in the NFL from his days as head coach of the Raiders team that went to the Super Bowl in 2002. He earned a reputation as an offensive mastermind in Oakland, and his arrival in New York would likely help the Jets improve their running game.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            I just figured he helped bring the raiders to a SB, but i really have no idea how well he can develop an oline. If he's as bad as your picture warrants than i guess i'll have to make a decision when i read more about him. Also, we obviously need to get more talent in order for any of our oline coaches to work with, without the talent it's like trying to build a mud house with all sand and no water.

            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
              I just figured he helped bring the raiders to a SB, but i really have no idea how well he can develop an oline. If he's as bad as your picture warrants than i guess i'll have to make a decision when i read more about him. Also, we obviously need to get more talent in order for any of our oline coaches to work with, without the talent it's like trying to build a mud house with all sand and no water.
              I don't give Bill Callahan any credit for the Raiders Super Bowl appearance. It was Jon Gruden's team and Jon Gruden's playbook. Thats why Jon Gruden won so easily. Then Callahan proceeded to take the Raiders from first to worst in 2003. Not done yet, he left for Nebraska, where he was hired to bring the team back to national prominance. He had two losing seasons in four years. The first two in 40 years for Nebraska. Callahan will always have a job because of his SB appearance. I expect it to be at division II.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                I don't give Bill Callahan any credit for the Raiders Super Bowl appearance. It was Jon Gruden's team and Jon Gruden's playbook. Thats why Jon Gruden won so easily. Then Callahan proceeded to take the Raiders from first to worst in 2003. Not done yet, he left for Nebraska, where he was hired to bring the team back to national prominance. He had two losing seasons in four years. The first two in 40 years for Nebraska. Callahan will always have a job because of his SB appearance. I expect it to be at division II.
                Ahh I see, well unless he has some hidden talent for developing offensive lines he doesn't seem to be the greatest fit in the world.

                Edit: i just found this little write up on Callaghan and thought maybe he wasn't the best head coach, but a great offensive mind??

                The Chicago native began his college coaching career in 1980 as a graduate assistant at University of Illinois before being promoted to full time assistant in 1981, coaching tight ends, offensive line, quarterbacks and special teams through 1986.

                From 1990-1994, Callahan was offensive line coach at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has been praised by former Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez as being one of the primary reasons why the Badgers were able to turn their program around and eventually win three Rose Bowls in the 1990s. Alvarez cited Callahan specifically for his strong recruiting abilities. Callahan previously served a two-year stint, 1987-1988, as offensive line coach at Northern Arizona University.


                "Callahan led the Raiders to the 2002 AFC Championship Game and a berth in Super Bowl XXXVII in his first season as a head coach, making him just the fourth rookie head coach in NFL history to do so. The Raiders suffered a lopsided defeat, losing 48-21 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers coached by his former boss Jon Gruden. The Raiders finished with a 13-6 record in Callahan's first season.

                Callahan is the third Raiders head coach to win an AFC West title and lead his team into the conference championship game in his first full season. Only Art Shell (1990) and John Madden (1969) had accomplished this feat.

                Under Callahan's guidance, the Raiders led the NFL in passing for the first time in team history and led the league in total offense for just the second time in team history.

                During his tenure as not only head coach but also offensive coordinator for the Raiders, Callahan earned a reputation as one of the finest offensive minds in the NFL"



                Also, "Prior to joining the Raiders, Callahan coached the offensive line for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1995 to 1997."

                So it appears he may be a very solid offensive line coach and this could be a good spot for him so he can rebuild himself up and get a better job in a few years.
                Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 01-09-2008, 10:35 PM.

                "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                Comment


                • if that is true, i wouldn't mind him..it seems better than the situation we have now..hell, i couldn't even tell you the name of our offensive line coach on the team right now.
                  "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

                  Comment


                  • I think it was tony wise, and i heard if let go he'll probably go and coach upitt. We'll have to see what's going on, I read in an article, i think in the ny times, that we may create a position for him to specifically better the oline and running game. However, that was just speculation on the part of the sports writer im sure.

                    I still won't beleive it until it is proved official, i've become a synical sports article reader. Fool me once sports writers shame on you, but fool me twice...bastards!

                    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                    Comment


                    • Sorry for the double post, but i didn't want this to get lost in my previous post...

                      I was reading about the whole coles trade and whatnot and the more i think about it i don't think i like it at all, unless we get absolutely incredible value. Take a look at coles' stats this year; http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...1pqTLlpcv.uLYF

                      You can see how our offense pretty much lived or died by how coles played. It is not just how well he played, but the games he started. Even if they didn't win, they played real close when he played. I don't think it was a coincidence at all that the game we got blown out by dallas was the first game where coles was inactive. If we are dedicated to developing clemens than i think we must keep coles and improve the oline. I will say this though, I am worried if pennington isn't starting or if he is traded what affect that will have on coles. Will he leave? I hope for a team that is hopefully willing to restructure his contract (5 years and give him bonus money this year because of the cap we have, so it makes it less of a liability if he gets hurt etc.) he won't leave them.

                      I also was just reading an article that had a quote from coles when the jets first drafted him; it said something along the lines of 'i know there were character issues with me and i am gratefull for the jets drafting me and i'll never forget it.' I sure hope he remembers that and doesn't leave us if penny leaves. (Also, for a character concern he certainly has evolved as a role model for all players...I think a lot of it had to do with him finally admitting he was molested as a child, that sh*ts messed up).

                      "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                      Comment


                      • Again with the double post, but i couldn't find another threat to post it in where i didn't have the last post; atleast one of the major threads we're trying to keep the main ones.

                        Chad Johnson said on ESPN's Mike and Mike show Friday that he feels he was mistreated by the Bengals' organization last season.
                        "I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself, I think you need to get rid of the problem. It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense." That's pretty close to a trade demand. The situation between Johnson and the Bengals is set up to get ugly this offseason. J

                        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                        Comment


                        • Interesting with Ocho. He's definitely up there as my favorite non-Jet right with Brian Westbrook though I would lean with Chad. I think the Bengals made a lot of mistakes with him during the season and if they do end up being forced to trade him they'll really regret it. If they do I hope he goes to the Eagles so I can watch him on Sundays down at school...other than the Jets obviously.

                          Also, per the early entries thread Gholston has said he will declare! Not a suprise, but certainly a helluva lot better than going back to school...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                            Interesting with Ocho. He's definitely up there as my favorite non-Jet right with Brian Westbrook though I would lean with Chad. I think the Bengals made a lot of mistakes with him during the season and if they do end up being forced to trade him they'll really regret it. If they do I hope he goes to the Eagles so I can watch him on Sundays down at school...other than the Jets obviously.

                            Also, per the early entries thread Gholston has said he will declare! Not a suprise, but certainly a helluva lot better than going back to school...
                            I think the bengals would really regret letting him go and i wouldn't mind him on the eagles, basically anywhere not in the afc east. AND thank god for gholston, i didn't really doubt it but there was 1% doubt in my mind.

                            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                              I think the bengals would really regret letting him go and i wouldn't mind him on the eagles, basically anywhere not in the afc east. AND thank god for gholston, i didn't really doubt it but there was 1% doubt in my mind.
                              Forget that he's one of the top five receivers in the NFL, there is no way the Bengals are going to risk upsetting Carson Palmer by getting rid of Ocho Cinco. As for Gholston, the idea that he would return to Ohio State never even entered my mind. :)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                Forget that he's one of the top five receivers in the NFL, there is no way the Bengals are going to risk upsetting Carson Palmer by getting rid of Ocho Cinco. As for Gholston, the idea that he would return to Ohio State never even entered my mind. :)
                                I want to agree with you on that. I don't think Ocho is any part of the problem in Cincy (part being the coaching staff and I think Carson needs to get back in sync because he looked off at times, and then obviously the defense). If they're stupid enough to realize he isn't part of the problem there, then they deserve whatever's coming if they do trade them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information