Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's tough, because if Chad really feels that he was treated unfairly and doesn't want to stay he could really push the hand of the FO. They may regret it, but if he stays and causes a problem they might regret that more. (i dont see him causing any problems i'm just bein devils advocate) I honestly have no idea what will happen to him nor do i care, just so long as he stays the hell out of the AFC east haha.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Forget that he's one of the top five receivers in the NFL, there is no way the Bengals are going to risk upsetting Carson Palmer by getting rid of Ocho Cinco. As for Gholston, the idea that he would return to Ohio State never even entered my mind. :)
      There have been three things that i've been doing in regards to gholston lately; 1) Hope he comes out even 2) Hope that no one in front of us takes him and 3) Hope that our team takes him...even though i knew he was a top 10 lock i dont like not knowing for certain whether a player is coming out, especially since it was pretty certain Rob Ryan was gonna get fired; i'm still sour over that one and won't beleive anything till its made official...Regardless, i know have only 2 things to do 1) Hope no one takes him ahead of us and 2) hope we take him.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
        There have been three things that i've been doing in regards to gholston lately; 1) Hope he comes out even 2) Hope that no one in front of us takes him and 3) Hope that our team takes him...even though i knew he was a top 10 lock i dont like not knowing for certain whether a player is coming out, especially since it was pretty certain Rob Ryan was gonna get fired; i'm still sour over that one and won't beleive anything till its made official...Regardless, i know have only 2 things to do 1) Hope no one takes him ahead of us and 2) hope we take him.
        lol well number 1 came true 2day and we will just have to wait for the others...if the jest have any mind at all they will take Gholston if he is still avalible

Comment

• the Bengal organization doesn't have the reputation of one of the worst in sports just by chance you know.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
            the Bengal organization doesn't have the reputation of one of the worst in sports just by chance you know.
            hahah very true, it's not one of those things you just kinda wake up as.

Comment

hahah very true, it's not one of those things you just kinda wake up as.
              nope. Many years of blunders, bad moves, and disappointing seasons (see recent success) have made that reputation what it is today

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Man i can't wait until the the senior bowl and the combine, it will give us a lot more to talk about. I really like how our FO plays everything so close to their chest, but it does leave quite the lack in "gossip" for us to talk about.

Comment

It's tough, because if Chad really feels that he was treated unfairly and doesn't want to stay he could really push the hand of the FO. They may regret it, but if he stays and causes a problem they might regret that more. (i dont see him causing any problems i'm just bein devils advocate) I honestly have no idea what will happen to him nor do i care, just so long as he stays the hell out of the AFC east haha.
                  From listening to the interview it seemed like Chad felt he was treated unfairly and his biggest issue was that nobody had his back. However, it seemed like he said that people thought he was part of the problem, and if they truly believed that then they should get rid of him. But it really doesn't seem like he truly wants to go, he doesn't think he's part of the problem (and he's right) and I think he hopes they come to their senses apologize quietly and move on. Carson Palmer also made it pretty clear he wants Ocho back next season so that could be influential on the Bengals as well. IMO he really made football fun and significant in Cincy again and he knows that, if the organization doesn't realize that and commit to keeping him around they're going to be in trouble for a few years, not only when it comes to ticket sales but when it comes to winning as well.

Beyond that, I'm excited as hell for FA, the combine, individual workouts, the Senior Bowl, and everything. The whole shebang, and all of the speculation that comes with it. It's gonna be awesome.

Comment

• He's not the prototypical "Mangini Guy," but I read an article about Chad Johnson expressing extreme dislike for the Bengals organization after feeling he was mistreated by them this year and considered a "cancer" to the team despite his franchise record numbers. What would you guys say to a Vilma for Chad type trade? Jets need a WR, Bengals need a LB, both are going to be traded this off-season possibly, just curious as to how you guys would feel about a trade like this, I personally think it would be a great trade because Chad's exactly what this team needs, and maybe we can settle him down like the Pats did with Moss. Would surely help Clemen's improvement a lot, and help our assessment on him next year..he doesn't do well with Chad, he clearly is not our future..
                    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• if we could get chad for vilma i would fly around the country and help them both pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                        He's not the prototypical "Mangini Guy," but I read an article about Chad Johnson expressing extreme dislike for the Bengals organization after feeling he was mistreated by them this year and considered a "cancer" to the team despite his franchise record numbers. What would you guys say to a Vilma for Chad type trade? Jets need a WR, Bengals need a LB, both are going to be traded this off-season possibly, just curious as to how you guys would feel about a trade like this, I personally think it would be a great trade because Chad's exactly what this team needs, and maybe we can settle him down like the Pats did with Moss. Would surely help Clemen's improvement a lot, and help our assessment on him next year..he doesn't do well with Chad, he clearly is not our future..
                        as good as chad is vilma is to good to give up for a position that we are doing pretty well in....wr has not been a down side...even with QB issues they are still getting the job done...i think we should keep vilma and try to get a NT in the draft or FA

Comment

• Here's why I wouldn't do a Vilma for Chad trade. As incredibly talented as Chad is, he is stubborn, wants to win, and expects a lot from his teammates. Numerous times this past season Carson Palmer has made bad reads on throws to Chad, and towards the end of the season Chad kind of got fed up and just looked at him. Though I think Palmer is slightly overrated, Kellen Clemens is no Carson Palmer at the moment and I think Chad could kill the confidence of a young QB if he kept making mistakes. I love Chad but I just don't think right now it's a good idea for us to trade for him, and I also don't think that the Bengals should trade him but rather apologize and try to move on because that's what's in their best interest as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                            Here's why I wouldn't do a Vilma for Chad trade. As incredibly talented as Chad is, he is stubborn, wants to win, and expects a lot from his teammates. Numerous times this past season Carson Palmer has made bad reads on throws to Chad, and towards the end of the season Chad kind of got fed up and just looked at him. Though I think Palmer is slightly overrated, Kellen Clemens is no Carson Palmer at the moment and I think Chad could kill the confidence of a young QB if he kept making mistakes. I love Chad but I just don't think right now it's a good idea for us to trade for him, and I also don't think that the Bengals should trade him but rather apologize and try to move on because that's what's in their best interest as well.
                            Well we know what was said about Randy Moss prior to this season, and look how he performed and settled down. I know winning can do that to you and that's not what would happen with Chad, but that is something to think about...

And to whoever said WR is not a need for us, I disagree strongly, I think we could easily go there in round 2 of the draft (not saying we will or we won't, just it's a strong possibility) and grabbing a top notch WR would tremendously help the growth of Kellen Clemens, or perhaps a rookie QB we draft next year if it comes to that. I don't think we can really count on Coles anymore to be our #1 and wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded this year at all, that being said, I don't think Cotchery is a true #1 yet, to fill in for Coles, I think he's the best #2 in all of the NFL behind, well behind Chad Johnson, but a big red-zone threat #1 receiver (ala Laveraneus Coles) is a big need of ours to be honest...
                            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                              Well we know what was said about Randy Moss prior to this season, and look how he performed and settled down. I know winning can do that to you and that's not what would happen with Chad, but that is something to think about...

And to whoever said WR is not a need for us, I disagree strongly, I think we could easily go there in round 2 of the draft (not saying we will or we won't, just it's a strong possibility) and grabbing a top notch WR would tremendously help the growth of Kellen Clemens, or perhaps a rookie QB we draft next year if it comes to that. I don't think we can really count on Coles anymore to be our #1 and wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded this year at all, that being said, I don't think Cotchery is a true #1 yet, to fill in for Coles, I think he's the best #2 in all of the NFL behind, well behind Chad Johnson, but a big red-zone threat #1 receiver (ala Laveraneus Coles) is a big need of ours to be honest...
                              First, Chad doesn't really have any character issues. He's a hard worker and he wants to win, and when his team is doing well he celebrates because he understands this is an business and he's supposed to entertain people. Randy Moss had a reputation for not blocking, not finishing his routes, and having some off the field troubles. The issues with Johnson are completely overblown, and they're also completely different than the issues that Moss had, much more minor. You can't compare the two at all. However, my point was that he gives trouble to quarterbacks when they make mistakes. And as much potential as Kellen Clemens has, he is going to make mistakes. I just don't think it's a really good fit right now.

Second of all did you mean to say Chad Johnson is a #2? Because he's clearly the #1 receiver on Cincy. Though I'll definitely agree it's a need.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Here's why I wouldn't do a Vilma for Chad trade. As incredibly talented as Chad is, he is stubborn, wants to win, and expects a lot from his teammates. Numerous times this past season Carson Palmer has made bad reads on throws to Chad, and towards the end of the season Chad kind of got fed up and just looked at him. Though I think Palmer is slightly overrated, Kellen Clemens is no Carson Palmer at the moment and I think Chad could kill the confidence of a young QB if he kept making mistakes. I love Chad but I just don't think right now it's a good idea for us to trade for him, and I also don't think that the Bengals should trade him but rather apologize and try to move on because that's what's in their best interest as well.
                                Sutbborn
                                Wants to win
                                Expects a lot from his teammates.

Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with any of those things. I also don't see why Chad Johnson would kill Kellen's confidence. He's not T.O. He doesn't publically criticize his quarterback and he is quite clearly one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. A go to guy for Kellen Clemons I would think would help his confidence, not hurt it.

As for Vilma for Ocho Cinco, if I were a Bengals fan, I'd probably be offended by the very thought. A top five wide receiver for a middle linebacker who was injured and underperforming prior to the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information