• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Sutbborn
    Wants to win
    Expects a lot from his teammates.

Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with any of those things. I also don't see why Chad Johnson would kill Kellen's confidence. He's not T.O. He doesn't publically criticize his quarterback and he is quite clearly one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. A go to guy for Kellen Clemons I would think would help his confidence, not hurt it.

As for Vilma for Ocho Cinco, if I were a Bengals fan, I'd probably be offended by the very thought. A top five wide receiver for a middle linebacker who was injured and underperforming prior to the injury.
    There's nothing wrong with any of those things. I've said many times I love Chad Johnson as a player and I don't feel he has whatever character flaws people think he has. However, at times he clearly exhibited his displeasure for some of Carson Palmer's throws, and I see no reason why he wouldn't do the same with Kellen Clemens who clearly is going to make mistakes. I'm just not sure it's a great fit for us at the moment. Just my take, I really wouldn't mind if we pulled it off (though as you said I think that's not going to happen) but I think as unstable as our QB situation is right now we're not the best fit for him at the moment. The fact that he's one of my favorite players probably has me a little biased since I'd rather see him go to a better situation, but I'm not convinced it's a slam dunk either. I'll admit it could be a fit though, but I'm not completely convinced.

Comment

• REALY BIG NEWS FOR ONCE Ok, well one of the jets websites i frequently visit had this as a post. Now, take it for what it's worth, but this one guy is a solid poster who has lead no inclination to make stuff up just to get "cred." Here we go...

"So my friend Howie who comes to the bar I play at is friends with Woody Johnson's daughter Daisy. He told me last night that he was telling her on the phone that he wanted to get a new Jets jersey and she says "which one do you want-I'll get it for you". So he proceeds to tell her he was looking online and that the only Jets jerseys on sale are the Pennington #10's-at 30% off. She tells him Chad won't be a Jet next year anyway so why bother. She also said he is, and I quote "done as a Jet""

Now, I know its all third hand information, but i wouldn't doubt that the daughter hears stuff like that all the time. If you treat her father like any other businessman, you can get the idea that stuff like this could be said; even though chad is famous, to woody he's just another employee and my mom was a teach for years and i sware i knew everything that went on in that school and with who from what she used to say.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I doubt a girl named Daisy really knows whats happening about the Jets. But then again interesting information
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          I doubt a girl named Daisy really knows whats happening about the Jets. But then again interesting information
          Well it's woody's daughter Daisy, who's not that bad looking, so I wouldn't doubt if she has heard certain things from her pops.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• chad should be let go....i like clemens and think he will progress...pluse if we trde chad clemesn will realize he is our guy which will give him more confidence...chad is a waste of space on our roster to be honest...i would like to see what we would get for him

Comment

• I'm still not ready to give up on Pennington yet. I know I am in the minority in this, but I still feel that our team is a few, key pieces away from being competitive. Heck, we really lost like half of our games by 7 points or less and never were blown out.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel confident with Clemens at QB nor do I want to hand him the starting spot at the start of the season. We need an some help on the OL. I can't believe we got rid of Kendall, although I think he was the one being selfish....

Would you want to give up a 4th or 5th pick for JP Losman?

Comment

• i wouldnt mind giving up a 5th for losman...4th im not to sure about but maybe

Comment

• how miserable would a Giants Patriots superbowl be

I probably wouldn't watch

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    I'm still not ready to give up on Pennington yet. I know I am in the minority in this, but I still feel that our team is a few, key pieces away from being competitive. Heck, we really lost like half of our games by 7 points or less and never were blown out.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel confident with Clemens at QB nor do I want to hand him the starting spot at the start of the season. We need an some help on the OL. I can't believe we got rid of Kendall, although I think he was the one being selfish....

Would you want to give up a 4th or 5th pick for JP Losman?
                    I would give up justine mccareins for him and thats about it. Clemens struggled for the same reasons pennington struggled; a terrible oline and crappy play calling. Although, Clemens playing in his second year did play without coles for most of the year and the play calling for him might have been worse, considering he was getting plays called for him that were designed for a different qb, which were even bad for him.

I don't think losman could have had anymore success than either of our guys, and i like clemens more than losman. If penny goes than i wouldn't mind bringing in losman, because he could be a decent backup, however he wants to start. Actually, the more i think about it the more i would bring him in to create competition (only i would wanna do it in FA not give up a pick for him), because i could care less who our QB is as long as he wins games (cept for penny, because i want a vertical passing game...i love him, but he doesn't bring that to the table).

I too think the team is a few players from being competitive and I am done speculating on the draft and stuff until the east-west game, senior bowl and combine and of course FA, than i'll have a much better idea of where our we should look to fill our holes.

I still feel very strongly about Stacy Andrews and Randall ***; although i'm sure everyone and their brother want stacy andrews, but i beleive we have a leg up on everyone but cinci, because we gave him the red carpet treatment prior to the season.

Comment

• I really don't understand why trading for Losman makes any sense unless we trade pennington and then trade for him, and even then it doesn't seem like a good fit. Why would we obtain another strong armed, kinda mobile qb with consistency issues. Losman has had the time to know that he isn't going to be a great qb, Clemens still has a chance. Granted losman did have a good season a few years ago, his surrounding talent isn't great, and he is still young at 26, but it just seems like he needs lee evans, a guy he cannot overthrow, to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                        I really don't understand why trading for Losman makes any sense unless we trade pennington and then trade for him, and even then it doesn't seem like a good fit. Why would we obtain another strong armed, kinda mobile qb with consistency issues. Losman has had the time to know that he isn't going to be a great qb, Clemens still has a chance. Granted losman did have a good season a few years ago, his surrounding talent isn't great, and he is still young at 26, but it just seems like he needs lee evans, a guy he cannot overthrow, to be successful.
                        Honestly with proper coaching Losman could become a great QB in this league and you fail to see his potential. Whats it gonna cost the Jets? 4th-5th rounder when he could immediately challenge Pennington for the starting gig and add stability to the position. He wasnt given a fair shot this season and I believe a change of scenery is exactly what he needs to be successful. The Jets probably wont draft a QB so this leaves Losman as one of the better offensive targets available in the offseason who could pay huge dividends for whoever is willing to take a small risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                          I really don't understand why trading for Losman makes any sense unless we trade pennington and then trade for him, and even then it doesn't seem like a good fit. Why would we obtain another strong armed, kinda mobile qb with consistency issues. Losman has had the time to know that he isn't going to be a great qb, Clemens still has a chance. Granted losman did have a good season a few years ago, his surrounding talent isn't great, and he is still young at 26, but it just seems like he needs lee evans, a guy he cannot overthrow, to be successful.
                          I wouldn't trade for losman unless it was a a conditional pick or something, i would much rather wait for him to hit FA and if that doesn't happen than im not too upset. I would also only do it if penny was traded. The best thing about it is he is young and does share some of the same attributes as clemens, which would allow them to utilize the same type of play book. If for some reason losman overtook clemens, schotty wouldn't have to use a playbook that was designed for someone else (ie. using the penny one for clemens). It also has the ability to create a competition for clemens and the best QB will play, but like i said, i wouldn't do it unless chad was gone and for a very low pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            Honestly with proper coaching Losman could become a great QB in this league and you fail to see his potential. Whats it gonna cost the Jets? 4th-5th rounder when he could immediately challenge Pennington for the starting gig and add stability to the position. He wasnt given a fair shot this season and I believe a change of scenery is exactly what he needs to be successful. The Jets probably wont draft a QB so this leaves Losman as one of the better offensive targets available in the offseason who could pay huge dividends for whoever is willing to take a small risk.
                            If you believe that the Jets staff can offer proper coaching to Losman then doesn't the same concept apply to Clemens. Physically Clemens and Losman are fairly similar and both are mistake prone, Clemens is just younger/less experienced, thusly has more potential for growth. Clemens makes errors that are not egregious for a 1st year starter, but when Losman makes similar errors, there is a problem. So, If our coaching staff can fix Losman, a quarterback that hasn't shown much consistency in his 4-5 years in the league, isn't it conceivable that it can also coach Clemens into a good quarterback. Unless of course you believe that Clemens is already a bust and absolutely incapable of being salvaged, which is a ridiculous notion.

Comment

• It really comes down to the talent we can assemble around the QB position. Obviously that was the reason why neither QBs that played this year were exceptional. Since people have given up on Penningotn, assuming we have a team in a ready to win mode, it really isn't out of the question to think that a QB with more experience and has shown just as many flashes of promise as a Clemens might be a better option. Not saying it is, but if I had my way and we had a solid team built around the QB spot, I would still like to see Pennington over both.

Comment

• I think that if you gave Clemens the ability to go into the Shotgun in a more spread style offense with some more talent at receiver, he'd really shine (in all reality, the offense wouldn't even have to change much, but just more playmakers have to be around him). I wouldn't be so quick to get down on Clemens.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information