Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we shown any interest in Rex Ryan? I think that would be a hell of a pick-up, and would also potentially be a solution towards helping Vilma be successful in this defense.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      I think that if you gave Clemens the ability to go into the Shotgun in a more spread style offense with some more talent at receiver, he'd really shine (in all reality, the offense wouldn't even have to change much, but just more playmakers have to be around him). I wouldn't be so quick to get down on Clemens.
      More talent at reciver??? well once coles leaves yea but with coles and cotchery we have a very good WR core...i would like to see a slot WR but as far as 1 and 2 we are fine for now..just get rid of McCareins and i will be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
        More talent at reciver??? well once coles leaves yea but with coles and cotchery we have a very good WR core...i would like to see a slot WR but as far as 1 and 2 we are fine for now..just get rid of McCareins and i will be happy
        Coles and Cotchery were great for the offense we ran with penny, but with clemens it does seem a bit inadequate; we basically have two of the best #2's in the league, but no #1. Coles is getting beat up in his old age and yes i love him, but if we can get big value for him it might not be the worst thing. (yes clemens needs a reliable reciever, which i thik Ocho would come in) As for slot, don't downplay wallace wright or even Chansi Stuckey who I have some faith in.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
          Coles and Cotchery were great for the offense we ran with penny, but with clemens it does seem a bit inadequate; we basically have two of the best #2's in the league, but no #1. Coles is getting beat up in his old age and yes i love him, but if we can get big value for him it might not be the worst thing. (yes clemens needs a reliable reciever, which i thik Ocho would come in) As for slot, don't downplay wallace wright or even Chansi Stuckey who I have some faith in.
          I really would like to trade Laverneus if we can get any kind of solid package in return. I would think a team like the titans would really consider him because they are a pretty good team but their offense lacks playmakers. Another team could be the Vikings because outside of Sydney Rice, who is a big question mark anyhow, they don't have many playmakers at wr. Both of these teams are on the fringes of playoff contention and have young qbs that they have invested high picks and a great deal of confidence in that would greatly benefit from a tough, sure-handed receiver like coles. From our standpoint it makes sense to get rid of an aging, beat up receiver that won't be around when we are contenders. However, like the vikings and titans, we have a young qb that would benefit from having laverneus, however, I feel that with another year of injuries and just natural aging, Cotchery could be more productive than coles. With the pick(S) we get from the trade, we could draft a wr because this year, while not possessing true #1 recievers has a lot of good guys to look at in round 2 and 3 like jordy nelson, earl bennet, Adarius Bowman, or one of the more intriguing players at the position James Hardy.

Comment

• I'll tell you a guy who i really liked prior to this year and even though he had a bit of a dropoff in production, I think he could be quite productive in the red zone. A big reciever that we've needed and could be our new #3 because i like his hands and playmaking ability moreso than brad smith. His name would of course be Ernest Wilford, someone we've mentioned briefly in here before.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• This doesnt have to do with the Jets, but I wanted to get a Jets fan opinion on Darian Barnes.

The Bills signed him yesterday, and I wanted to know what you think of him.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                This doesnt have to do with the Jets, but I wanted to get a Jets fan opinion on Darian Barnes.

The Bills signed him yesterday, and I wanted to know what you think of him.
                Barnes is alright, tough blocker I'm really not sure why we cut him it was a surprise. I thought he was a pretty good player, tough guy and his teammates really seemed to like him. That said we're not a great team and we cut him (though as I said I really had no idea why) so there could be something to that. I think he was a solid FB but we wanted more versatility at the position, a guy that we could motion around to TE and FB which is what we have now with Kowalewski and Pociask. Should be a solid player for you guys if he makes the team.

And Wilford is intriguing, is he a UFA?

Comment

• thanks for the info. +rep

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Barnes is alright, tough blocker I'm really not sure why we cut him it was a surprise. I thought he was a pretty good player, tough guy and his teammates really seemed to like him. That said we're not a great team and we cut him (though as I said I really had no idea why) so there could be something to that. I think he was a solid FB but we wanted more versatility at the position, a guy that we could motion around to TE and FB which is what we have now with Kowalewski and Pociask. Should be a solid player for you guys if he makes the team.

And Wilford is intriguing, is he a UFA?
                    Yep, pretty sure he is a UFA. I also am sure his td dropoff was do to the great redzone play of taylor and jones-drew, I'd like to take a look at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                      thanks for the info. +rep
                      He is a hell of a lead-blocker with good vision and strength; his hands out of the backfield are actually fairly decent, yet he never gets a chance to show it. My guess is the jets let him go because he fell into mangini's doghouse when he had some words with another player (can't remember who) and not for his play. So, basically your getting your prototypical fullback who'll do wonders for lynch.

Comment

• Jets hired Bill Callahan! I know some people don't like him and as a HC i fully agree, but after doing some research it seems he is considered a great OC mind and one of the best Oline coaches out there. I think it does two things for us, hopefully improves our oline and running game, but gives us insurance of an OC if Schotty leaves. Also, now that i think of it, it shows Woody isn't still living on the cheap side (to really make up for all his ticket prices he's gonna have to want to get active this offseason and give callahan something better to work with on the oline...its like giving michaelangelo a giant piece of marble with a pocket-sized hammer and spoon to carve david).

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                          Jets hired Bill Callahan! I know some people don't like him and as a HC i fully agree, but after doing some research it seems he is considered a great OC mind and one of the best Oline coaches out there. I think it does two things for us, hopefully improves our oline and running game, but gives us insurance of an OC if Schotty leaves. Also, now that i think of it, it shows Woody isn't still living on the cheap side (to really make up for all his ticket prices he's gonna have to want to get active this offseason and give callahan something better to work with on the oline...its like giving michaelangelo a giant piece of marble with a pocket-sized hammer and spoon to carve david).
                          Fir the Jets sake, I hope you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Fir the Jets sake, I hope you're right.
                            haha me too. I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a nebraska fan as well as a jets fan and called me as soon as he found out and just yelled F****CCKKKKK! In a sea of 4 letter words there were mumbles of bad penny and can't get rid of him and somethin about a cat who wouldn't leave etc. basically, I told him the same thing i just wrote and hopefully he is what is rumored.

Comment

• Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Comment

• I feel bummed about it. Not losing Antoine Winfield to the Vikings/signing Kevan Barlow bummed where I was just in a funk for a good week or two (or three), but bummed. Kinda like sighing and then just sorta looking at the ground bummed. Maybe it'll be a good signing, but I don't expect it to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information