This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    I was under the impression that they were trying bing out as an OLB?
    Yes, but I equate 4-3 OLB more towards 3-4 ILB than 3-4 OLB. I don't fully know what the situation was with moving Bing to linebacker in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Yes, but I equate 4-3 OLB more towards 3-4 ILB than 3-4 OLB. I don't fully know what the situation was with moving Bing to linebacker in the first place.
      Ahh than i know what ya mean. What i've gotten out of the whole situation was that they just drafted huff with their first overall as a SS and liked how Bing translated as a SS but decided he could play 43 olb what with his tackling ability. It actually reminds me of Jamie Foxx from any given sunday where his character was asked to play dback and not quarterback; hopefully we get the next willie beamen haha

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I almost see no way for him to play FS. He just flat out doesn't have the speed or hip-swerve. I'd think his best bet would be as a SS, but I'm not quite as high on him as the rest as I didn't think he was very impressive coming out of USC.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Jonathan Vilma (knee surgery) is uncertain if he'll be ready for spring workouts. Vilma is off crutches, but can't run yet after undergoing surgery to remove floating bone fragments from his right knee in early November. When asked if he expects to be traded this offseason, Vilma would only say "that's outside of my control." He has two years left on his rookie contract.

It seems more and more clear that vilma doesn't think he is returning. Other years he would say 'I am a jet and i am here to help the jets win etc. etc.' It says he isn't sure he'll be ready for spring workouts, but that's nothing to be concerned, because it really was just bone fragments being cleaned out. I think that his value could actually be higher than the 3rdish value a lot of people are giving, atleast from the prospective of GMs. But who knows what they thinkg.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• So from what I have heard, Shaun Rogers will most likely be released. I personally not crazy about this guy, but would like to hear your opinions.

Comment

• i would love to get rodgers in the FA...but not in a trade...he can would be great for our team but if it cost us draft picks or vilma etc then its not really worth it especially because he will be a FA

Comment

• I think if we get a true NT, keeping Vilma would be awesome. If he has Harris next to him and someone in front of him than he could adapt to the 3-4. Remember Harris was drafted to play along side Vilma, not take his position.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• what WRs would you guys like the Jets to draft

Comment

• I personally like Bowman a lot for us (though he's having a bad week at the Senior Bowl) because he's a great blocker, tough dude that runs after the catch and has the size we lack at the position. Hardy and Kelly are both intriguing because they're huge guys and both could be great red zone threats (I'm tired of throwing fades to guys under 6') and though Hardy's probably better in the red zone Kelly might be better overall. Hardy's skill set is crazy though, 6'7 with hops and decent speed. I like Jordy Nelson as a similar guy to Bowman, and also think a Donnie Avery type would be a nice add if the value's right as a deep threat.

Comment

• Vilma is an amazing playing in open space... it's probably asking for too much but if we can actually find a NT, Vilma is most definitely worth keeping.

Anyone have any info on Marcus Harrison? The guys covering the Senior Bowl (I believe Dilfer in particular) said he could be a potential 3-4 NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
                        Vilma is an amazing playing in open space... it's probably asking for too much but if we can actually find a NT, Vilma is most definitely worth keeping.

Anyone have any info on Marcus Harrison? The guys covering the Senior Bowl (I believe Dilfer in particular) said he could be a potential 3-4 NT.
                        I was actually asking about harrison a few weeks ago and no one was really able to give me any information on whether or not he has the ability to add weight to his frame and still be as effective. I didn't get to see him play much, but i'd have to imagine that he could be a possibility right behind Ahtyba Rubin.

Comment

• I'm actually very pumped that Bowman is having such a bad week. Hopefully we see through this facade he's putting up (or maybe we put him up to this) and take him in the later rounds, because in the right system (ours), he'd be a steal.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• yea i would love to see a WR 6'3 or higher that can be a big red zone threat to go along with cotchery and stucky in a couple of years...as for jordy nelson he his tall but does not play like it so i would not like to draft him...i want a WR that can streach the feild and that clemens can throw it up and make him go get it...that would be a great combo with cotch and stucky who are good at YAC
                            Last edited by GET LOOSE; 01-26-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• I'm just spit-ballin here, but what if he just isn't very good and it showed when he played against better competition? Don't get me wrong, I was high on the guy prior to this week and i still think he posesses the tools, but he looked aweful this week and we don't need another reciever to drop passes. Jmac did enough of that this year to last us for two seasons.

Comment

• For Nelson, I don't particularly like him as a red zone threat and he doesn't play tall but he does play relatively big. I think he'll go too early to be worth a pick for us to be honest so it's probably a moot point.

For Bowman, he is probably relatively rusty since he only played one game before this. It certainly is possible he isn't great, but if we get him in the 4th or something I think he's got the skillset to possibly develop for us, especially since he wouldn't have to start much for us this year. At the very least I think we get a very good blocker and a high effort guy. Not that I completely love the guy and he's a must have but it just appears that his skill set is perfect for our offense. Definitely think him not beng great is a possibility, though he has played relatively solid competition. I just think he's better than he showed and he's going to drop big time and if so could be a steal, and may be worth the risk mid day 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information